Is Haynesworth gone after next week?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Is Haynesworth gone after next week?

So Big Al had goose eggs on the stat sheet again.  After next week. the Pats hit their bye week and it's week 6 when players can come off the PUP.  If Brace and Deadrick are ready to come back is Big Al gone?  If not who goes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Re: Is Haynesworth gone after next week?

In Response to Is Haynesworth gone after next week?:
    So Big Al had goose eggs on the stat sheet again.  After next week. the Pats hit the their bye and we hit week 6 when players can come off the PUP.  If Brace and Deadrick are ready to come back is Big Al gone?  If not who goes?
    Posted by Patsman3

The run defense would be a lot worse without Fat Al in the middle. The guy takes up space and blocks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You have a point about the run game being a wreck without Big Al.. The jets rushed for 97 yards! What did Oakland put on the D without Big AL???? Darren McFadden ran all over the Patriots 127 I think?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Big Al worth is not showing up on the stat sheet he was doubled teamed often and took up space in run game. If he doesnt give up penalties and takes up space he is doing what we need from him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Al stays..nuff said...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ummm, did you see the difference in the pass rush after the last two weeks? Jason Campbell was having tea back there ... NE forced 7 3 and outs this week. That doesn't happen without a pass rush. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

7 three and outs would not have been without big al.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

U think Brace or Dead R better than 1/2 a Fat Albert? U gotta B kidding me?

It sure would be nice to hace a healthy Wright and Pryor ... would be a really nice D-line depth-wise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Haynesworth is a beast plugging up the run. He beats double teams and spends his time in the backfield. He's much more disruptive than the stat sheet suggests. Even on passing downs, he helps the pass rush by getting so much attention. I have to believe Belichick is pleased with what he's seeing from Big Al.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Big Al and Vince clog alot of room for others to make tackeles and get some hurries against sanchez today he never looks comfortable. Those two space eaters make better match ups for everyone else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

no, i think he stays.....upside potential is still there

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, he can only get better from here.  No point dumping him now, if you are not snakebit elsewhere and need space..

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Why does there always have to be a negative post even after a good win?
    Never mind, I just saw who the OP was.
    Albys holding his own.  Much better when he's in there. 
    Also he faked a nice injury today to stall a drive.  Shhshh !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

LOL.....the OP must be little kid.

Big run stopping D lineman should rarely show up much on a stat sheet. That isn't their job.

Big Al and Vinny are suspose to absorb 3-4 blockers while the LB's and safeties makes the tackles.

And at 1.5 million this season, the only way the Pats get rid of him is if he runs his mouth and becomes disruptive in the locker room. You will rarely get a better DL at this price.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

i could see Deadrick taking Warren's spot, and Brace having an outside shot at taking Love's spot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Is Haynesworth gone after next week?:
    I dont know about you guys, but I am thinking Ochocinco was an overrated receiver, in Cincinnati.
    Posted by bobbysu

The clock is certainly ticking for Ocho at this point. Before the season I asked if he was a good route runner. Still a little early, but...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I thought Haynesworth played okay today.  Not a lot of stats, but he was clogging things up in the middle and forcing the plays to go elswhere--generally to someplace where Spikes or Guyton was waiting to make the tackle. 

Also thought Carter showed up against the run.  He made a few nice tackles from the backside of the play.  Overall, the line play was pretty good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I thought our d line looked better almost everytime Albert was on the field. To me it was night and day, not sure what this thread was about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Others , who may know better. have a different take compared to the OP:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4705736/haynesworth-sees-progress-from-defense

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In Response to Re: Is Haynesworth gone after next week?:
    In Response to Re: Is Haynesworth gone after next week? : He's a troll. It's Phat Rex/McCheaters, etc. A Jets troll.  That's why in pathetic defeat after predicting a SB win, he's on here in some bizarre last ditch effort to try to pretend Haynesworth had no impact.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I don't think I can disagree with you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I'm satisfied with his play. He might not be getting the stats but he draws attention and double teams. That helps everyone else out. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Just watched the game again. He was doubled on almost every play.

Sections
Shortcuts