Is it Genius Time again here in NE for Bill?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crasian. Show crasian's posts

Is it Genius Time again here in NE for Bill?

Felger and everyone seems to think this move weakens the Patriots. ( Richard Seymour trade) It does. You can't take a talent like this away and a scheme that works away with him a week before the season starts and say it doesn't hurt the team. Or has Bill and Co. been planning a new look to the Patriots Defense all along over the Offseason knowing things were changing. They let go or watched veterans all over this defense leave as we all have been here scratching our heads saying "why are they doing that?" We might be in for a treat and taken to school again by Bill with a whole new defensive scheme. There are reasons we think all this 007 stuff is going on because it has in the past. I remember having people killing me on this page after I even mentioned Moss in a post. That was wishful thinking at the time. Now reality.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Re: Is it Genius Time again here in NE for Bill?

you are spot on with this post.  when i heard that he was traded immediately after the 53 man roster was finalized i wondered if maybe they had been planning this all along. Ty Warren mentioned that seymour was nervous about something like this happening. i mean, it explains so much, the DL's taken in the draft, the switch from 3-4 to more 4-3 fronts. it just makes sense

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mstringr. Show mstringr's posts

What, don't you think Bill did this on a whim?

Do 'ya think? - that he kinda thought it through?  Naaaaaa.

Of course.  This was discussed as early as the time of the Burress trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Is it Genius Time again here in NE for Bill?:
    [QUOTE]Felger and everyone seems to think this move weakens the Patriots. ( Richard Seymour trade) It does. You can't take a talent like this away and a scheme that works away with him a week before the season starts and say it doesn't hurt the team. Or has Bill and Co. been planning a new look to the Patriots Defense all along over the Offseason knowing things were changing. They let go or watched veterans all over this defense leave as we all have been here scratching our heads saying "why are they doing that?" We might be in for a treat and taken to school again by Bill with a whole new defensive scheme. There are reasons we think all this 007 stuff is going on because it has in the past. I remember having people killing me on this page after I even mentioned Moss in a post. That was wishful thinking at the time. Now reality.
    Posted by crasian[/QUOTE]The fact is they were probably planning on switching defenses all along.Without a dominant OLB in the rush position it was inevitable,even with Burgess and TBC they actually both play the hybrid DE/OLB but they both rush better when at the line and neither is great in coverage.So the better option is the 4-3...With some mix up defenses!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Is there any end to the ball polishing of BB in here? If he needed to drop a deuce  and decided to dump in the middle of the airport lobby, these people would say he was a "genius" for carrying toilet paper in his pocket.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Bill knows what he is doing. He is never clueless...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In Response to Re: Is it Genius Time again here in NE for Bill?:
    [QUOTE]Bill knows what he is doing. He is never clueless...
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]
    I Love BB as the coach / gm of the Patroits but he did leave Brady & the offense hanging the year the Colts won OUR super bowl.What I mean is  he  traded D. Branch to Seattle and left us with no #1 reciver and a weak wr corp that didn't scare anyone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2767828. Show user_2767828's posts

DONT WORRY BOYS HE WILL FIND A WAY TO CHEAT AGAIN , WE KNOW HOW YOU GUYS GOT THOSE CHIPS

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

You all need to remember that this is a business first and foremost.. Sometimes business decissions need to be made to protect the company in the long run. Even if it APPEARS as though those decissions are weakening the product in the short term. BigSey93 is a force in the middle. But we have 52 other players that we need to sign contract with. Something had to give. Unfortunately it was Richard that has to go. This was NOT a whim. BB has as he always does, looked at this from every concevable angle. And then he decided to steal what will moree than likely be a top five pick from Al Davis. And to add insult to inhury, AD will have to pay RS huge money to make him happy..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Felger... I try to keep my theories on what the Pats are doing in an ever expanding circle, with Felgers opinions at the middle and my opinions moving away from his at the speed of light. I'm never right but i'm seldom wrong..