Is it just me or does this make sense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Is it just me or does this make sense?

First use pick (#22) and second round pick (#47) to move up to pick #11 (I think Denver would do the deal with the Patriots connection and they need more then just what a pick at #11 would bring them.) and get either DE/OLB Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida (jr) or RB C.J. Spiller, as one or both will be there around pick #12.  With Paul  he's a perfect fit, at 6' 6" 257, he is a supreme pass rusher and has the ability to drop back into coverage. With Spiller he has Chris Johnson skills and you can build an offense around him and Brady, and Moss and Boldin... yes Boldin is next in my plan.

Second use third second round pick (#53) to get Boldin from Arizona.

Third use the highest second round pick (#44) to go after a DE/OLB or RB depending on what you used the upgraded first round pick for and I would say Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB Clemson or Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech they both should be there and either is a solid pick for that spot and will contribute immediately. 

So with the 4 picks you have in rounds 1 and 2 you get Boldin, a stud RB and DE/OLB. 

Now obviously there are some other things going on like Brady, Moss, VW, Mankins, and Ghost. I say get a deal done with Mankins and Brady and tender Ghost. If you Move VW for another first round pick (after a franchise tag)you have the luxery of moving it for more picks in 2010 and 2011 or using it this year. See if you can sign Moss but if not you let him play out his deal. These core moves I say position the Patriots as a force to be reckoned with for the next few years as Brady plays out the rest of his good years. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: Is it just me or does this make sense?

Robert Kraft and Co. will pursue all ideas that makes the Franchise Better...

BB is Gold...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Patsfansince1966... I was trying to illustrate you could trade the 1 you get for wilfork for multiple picks in 2010 and or 2011 or use it right where it is in 2010... It wasn't well illustrated but it is post midnight! lol... and I can't get to sleep.

I also wanted to say... I know this is unlikely to be exactly what happens but as a "game Plan" they might try to accomplish it has the benefit of being realistic in moves cost and needs coupled with players likely to be available where the picks are and the trade with Denver is Ball park on the pick chart for what it would take to move up to 11.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

No boldin... More important is using that 2nd round pick and addressing the O-Line... its worse than ppl think it is...
    Currently its #1 need on this team... Protecting brady is what we need to get back to, then fix the Defense..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Personally, I wouldn't do it.  The trenches need fixing.  We need one or two OL and a DE.  If someone picks up Wilfork we'll be needing a NT.  Fix the trenches and a lot of things go well for ya.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I know the Oline needs work but I suspect Vollmer starts at RT or LT if they get a RT in Free Agency or the Draft. And Neal will be replaced maybe with someone we have on the team I forget who it was but there is a Guard I liked in the limited exposure I have seen of him and we won't move Koppen till 2011. He is a serviceable Center for one more year. Mankins is a stud and hopefully will be signed long term I hate to see a guy that might have a career you could compare to Hog Hannah when all is said and done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriothead22. Show Patriothead22's posts

I love your idea of trading up, but Kraft and Co. won't pay that huge salary.  If they're paying anyone big money, it'll be Wilfork.

You have to remember how deep this draft class is.  1st round talent is all over the second round. 

If I were to have it my way, I would take Brandon Graham with the first pick.  He is a 3-4 rush linebacker, who performed very well at the senior bowl.  I like him better than Hughes and Sapp.

In the second round, I would want any of these players in any order: Brandon Ghee, Golden Tate, Andre Roberts, Aaron Hernandez.  Also, I do like Hughes and Sapp if the LB/DE wasn't picked in the first.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if they take Damian Williams from USC if he is there in the first round.  That guy has HANDS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Jason Pierre-Paul is starting to get serious buzz as scouts have started breaking down his film in great detail. There is talk of him being a top 5-10 pick:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?s=1dca96461c2d61504b7671408819038b&t=38560

Jacksonville has pick #11, and they might very well be interested in trading down for N.E.'s 22nd pick, so they can grab Tebow and pick up a second rounder.

We would then be able to get Pierre-Paul right before Miami, who have pick 12.

Just a thought that I don't necessarily endorse, but might.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

The Patriots need to keep their picks and select good players.  This is a deep draft.  They need talent and bodies.   This can be had with 4 picks in the top 53.  I thinks you will see them slide up and down the board, but not trading two for one. This team needs young talent.  They need to sign a couple of veterans for leadership and than build for the future.  This is the year.  The only other concern I have is the offensive coordinator position.  Talent will not help if the coaches are not in place.   San Diego is a great example of this.  Great talent, lousy coaching.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

As I have said in other threads, this is not the year to trade up.  This draft is too talented and deep.  Years like that give you several great players.  Trade up in a weak draft and get the shining star that is there, not in a year when the sky is full of stars. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

arodrambone... technically Denver and Jags have to flip a coin for pick 10 or 11. so yes Jags might end up with pick 11 but either way The Pats can get Denvers pick with what I mentioned.
    Second I agree the Draft is deep but I am working on the assumption that the Patriots do not want to use all the picks they have. That is a lot of money if they pick 4 players in top two rounds... they could do it but I suspect they would be better off dealing one for Boldin, and using one to move up in round one to get possibly the top pass rushing DE/olb that is darn near a perfect fit for a 3-4 team. And do not forget they might have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds if they move VW.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Too many holes to use two picks on one player. And I agree fully with Coolguy, we need to address the OL early, either in the draft or free agency, or both. 

Spiller would be great, but I don't think it's going to happen. Pick up a guy like Gerhart with a late 2nd, or trade up into the 3rd for him, pair him with Maroney and an upgraded OL that can open a few holes and you have a running game.
     There are a lot of free agent WRs that can be had to team up with Moss, Edelman, Tate, and Aiken.
     Hopefully the Wilfork situation isn't too far gone, and we can still lock him up. We will need to use picks on a pass rush in the form of OLB and DE. A lot depends on what BB thinks McKenzie will be able to do. If he can start along side Mayo, and Guyton can use his speed on the outside...Maybe it isn't as bad as it seems.
     Something still needs to be done at CB, but like I said, too many holes. The best thing the the Pats can do for the secondary, is get some pressure on the quarterback.
     I don't think that all the areas of need can be addressed without some key FA signings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Cyberknot... ok sorry but I am not getting all giddy over Tate and Aiken. Tate is an unknown and maybe he will be the next Jerry Rice (Ok I am being a Ahhem here) but Aiken is not someone I want on this team unless you are looking at him as a special teamer and an absolute emergency WR.

And who is actually out there that is up to Boldin or even close to him in Free Agency? Stallworth? No he is ok but not Boldin, Branch is a huge question mark but like I said for Vet Minimum I would do a one year with him but I still would go get Boldin because Branch is just a injury waiting to happen and no Boldin. Boldin is the only WR available and yes I know if we want him it is a trade not a free agent pick up but he is the only one that immediately makes this offense scarey again. Especially if you add in a Spiller or Dwyer or some other solid drafted RB. The Oline will get better with Light at LT and Vollmer at RT unless they can find a RT they like then Light is gone. And I can't imagine Mankins not being kept, and then we need to replace Neal which can be done inhouse I forget who it was but there is a solid OG who can do a solid job if they don't find someone else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

DaBlade, I am not a fan of Aiken as WR either, but if injuries happen...As far as Tate goes, I am not counting on it, just hopeful. I'm not saying that the FAs are better or even as good as Boldin, but Vincent Jackson is no slouch, and I'd take Kevin Walter in a minute. They wouldn't cost draft picks, and we will have a very high 1st rounder next year that could possibly be used on a Moss replacement depending on who we get this year and how Tate works out.

I think that we need more than a serviceable OL. Brady isn't getting any younger, we need to keep him upright, and no matter who the RB is, if the line isn't opening holes, they aren't going anywhere and it puts our number 1 asset in greater danger because of the lack of running threat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

dablade, how in one post can you say the money for the 4 in the top 2 rds will be allot of money, then say we should get Boldin?  Boldin will cost more than all 4 picks combined.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

e.) None of the above.

I like the idea of moving up, but not for any of the guys you want.

Sections
Shortcuts