Is it just me???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

Is it just me???

Is it just me or do all the post season awards that NE is winning seem to be a slap in the face reminder of the early exit from the playoffs? Don't get me wrong I love the fact that NE's Coach, Qb, and O-line are seen as the games best, but it just leaves such a sour taste in my mouth seeing it knowing they lost after a 14-2 record. I actually get angry everytime I hear another award being given because to me it is just saying your good BUT.... "you blew it". I love the game of football probably more than anything but I can't wait for the Super Bowl to be over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Is it just me???

Well I guess I have been humbled by NE sports with the Sox, Pats, and Celtics bringing home rings and giving us playoffs to watch and be hopeful for.  So going off that I just add these accolades to the pile and just be happy we have teams, and not just the Pats that we can actually root for, but yeah I mean if we get by the Jets I think we're in the Superbowl.  However, we barely beat the Pack without Rogers so I am not sure how the SB would have ended had we made it.  Remember no one thought we'd even finish above .500, so the future is bright as ever.     

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

PatinPA you know a guy named Davedasone?  He's from PA and he left this forum with his tail between his legs and now your here with a brand new account. Makes one say HHMMmm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

No my friend that is not me, I have been reading the post for a while but just started writing. My name is Rick and I live about an hour from Pittsburgh. I have nothing to hide and I am definately not one of those guys that hides behind a screen name, just hear to share my opinion and tallk about the Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Cool I was just wondering seemed very coincidental..... Welcome to the board are you sick of the Steeler fans yet?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

They were the reason for my post, Everytime I see a new award NE has won... a Steeler fan has to talk smack about 7 Super Bowls and blah blah blah choke. I can't take them anymore. I just want the season to end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I'm still not completely over the loss. Maybe because it was to the Jests or maybe because I wasn't expecting such a great regular season and had a really good feeling about the Pats chances in the playoffs.  I haven't watched any sports show or NFL network since then and I won't be watching the Superbowl, I have better things to do that night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

PatinPa if the Steelers win it will only be the beginning of their nonstop spewing of 7 SB titles blah blah blah

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

Your right and with me living in the heart of "Steeler Country" I will never hear the end of it. Go Pack Go!!!. I have also found it hard to watch ESPN, NFL network or anything else also.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Is it just me???:
    [QUOTE]They were the reason for my post, Everytime I see a new award NE has won... a Steeler fan has to talk smack about 7 Super Bowls and blah blah blah choke. I can't take them anymore. I just want the season to end.
    Posted by PATinPA[/QUOTE]

Just remind them that when the Pats go to the Super Bowl, they like to steamroll Bitchburgh on the way, while the Steelers generally need someone else to take New England out for them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All these awards were voted on before the early exodus....  but, yes, post season awards is nowhere like being the SB champs!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It just wouldn't be Super Bowl weekend without Prairie Mike referring to the Steelers as Bitchburgh......this made my day !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I do kind of look at all these awards; coach of the year, offensive player of the year, mvp, offensive line, best smile, most likely to succeed, best hair, best dimples, the pro bowl, etc....and think, if they were really the best they'd be playing tomorrow.

I also think that anyone that thought this team was going to finish under 500 with Brady and Belichick on it, has not watched much football in the past ten years. I imagine a lot of those people spent their Sundays running around their football party asking their guests if they have enough blue cheese for their wings. I can also picture them spooning together at half time in the shape of a giant football:(

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The best team doesn't always win. I guess that's why they play the games. Were the 2001 Patriots the best team? This old article claims them to be the 6th worst champion,
    6. 2001 New England Patriots
    The Pats may (or may not) have been the best team in the AFC, but they were arguably only the fifth or sixth best team in the NFL. How they beat the Rams -- who during their 14-2 season outscored opponents by almost a 2-1 margin -- remains a mystery. Is anyone betting on a repeat?

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/championteams/worst.html

I believe the Pats were the best team this year. Hence the awards. The whole team made too many mistakes against the Jets, that's all. The Patriots will return to glory.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]I will put my 2 cents in here. I think the Packers win the Super Bowl so the Steelers fans will have to get over themselves. They have better receivers, Legursky isnt POuncey and Palomalu is playing at around 70%. They will spread them out ala NE style and beat them outright. The bad news about this is that the Pats opened the door for this to happen. They really have not been the same since tyree trapped that ball in 08 for the Giants and have not won a playoff game since that season. They get to the IMPORTANT part of the season and see something NEW and cannot adjust and CHOKE. Spygate has received more evidence as being true SINCE Tomassee - whom I HATE since he could have waited til the day after - reported the allegations. CHB was right in stating the Pats blew a chance to win this Super Bowl and it could be YEARS before they even SNIFF another one. Brady is aging rapidly and finding other interests now and no one seems as committed as this team once was
    Posted by DaleReeves[/QUOTE]

Please tell what "more evidence" has been revealed.  

BTW, Tomase's Superbowl Eve story about filming of a practice has never been supported by any evidence or statements by any other person.  In fact, if I remember correctly, the Herald printed a retraction of the story.  The evidence indicates that the story was a fabrication.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Is it just me???:
    [QUOTE]Is it just me or do all the post season awards that NE is winning seem to be a slap in the face reminder of the early exit from the playoffs? Don't get me wrong I love the fact that NE's Coach, Qb, and O-line are seen as the games best, but it just leaves such a sour taste in my mouth seeing it knowing they lost after a 14-2 record. I actually get angry everytime I hear another award being given because to me it is just saying your good BUT.... "you blew it". I love the game of football probably more than anything but I can't wait for the Super Bowl to be over.
    Posted by PATinPA[/QUOTE]

I hear you, but its sports. There is no perfection and every team is going to blow one occasionally. Sadly, this was the worst possible game for our Pats to blow, but its now water under the bridge.

Whenever the sadness comes over me, thinking about that loss and the fact that it should be us playing today, I try to look forward to next year.

With our rookies now having a years worth of experience, regular season and playoffs, our amazing draft prospects and the best QB and coach in the league, the future is bright and I'm confident we'll be back next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I love that they are winning the awards but I would trade them all for a shot at the super bowl. I guess that is what it comes down to.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

As would any and all of the awardees.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wow Dale. Well theres always Cricket. Theres a link on the Mankins thread.

Sections
Shortcuts