Is it me or does it seem we lost a lot of posters since the BDC format change?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Is it me or does it seem we lost a lot of posters since the BDC format change?

Scene from the movie....

Rusty:  Hey TFB12, You weren't born in Mass, you can't be a real Patriots fan.  I went to a home game in 1980.  I am the Patriots Super Fan. (takes drink from bottle of scotch)

Me:  Hey Super Fan.... Have you met Mr. Kraft?

Rusty:   (Deer in headlights look)

Me:   I have.

Rusty:  (Deer in headlights look)

Me:  Hahahahahaha... you fraud!

Rusty:  I bet you didn't go to College!

Me:  Yes I did

Rusty: (Deer in headlights look)

Me:  Hahahaha.. you fraud!

Rusty:  You don't have kids

Me:  Yes I do

Rusty:  You will be sitting at home tonight

Me:  No I won't.  It's dinner out and movie night with my family. Have fun at the bar alone.

Rusty:  I'm glad Welkie is gone so Brady doesn't pass to him all the time. 

Troll walk accross screen

<End Scene>

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: Is it me or does it seem we lost a lot of posters since the BDC format change?

In response to TFB12's comment:

Scene from the movie....

Rusty:  Hey TFB12, You weren't born in Mass, you can't be a real Patriots fan.  I went to a home game in 1980.  I am the Patriots Super Fan. (takes drink from bottle of scotch)

Me:  No I won't.  It's dinner out and movie night with my family. Have fun at the bar alone.

<End Scene>

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

hahahahaha good stuff

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Rusty has done more to ruin this board and cause good posters to leave then BDC could ever do.

Rusty can be insulting, mocks others unessesarily, has an obsession with trolls,  is opinionated and argues the same points over and over but is not the worse thing on this board..and this 'exposed' crap he does... When he leaves all that out and just sticks to football he makes good points.

As others have pointed out the legions of little boys with their hurt feelings because Rusty called them a name once, who follow him around (yup, he is not paranoid..they do), use every chance to insult him and bring up ancient feuds are much worse for the forum because they are greater in number and change identities all the time. They do not exist to discuss football but just to bait him and others.

Sometimes I have to go through 3 pages of juvenile arguing to get to a real football post.

Actually BDC has slowly brought back all the features I need, ignore, custom avatar ability to post gifs. 

I do like your posts Tcal because they are always short and to the point.

That reminds me of an argument one of my friends made in favor of getting taco bell while drunk one night. "If Taco Bell didn't give you stomach pains, make you a walking gas factory, cause butt leakage, and used real meat they'd actually be pretty good...... At least they are cheap?"

when you have to use that many qualifiers there's something wrong

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Another thread about the decline of the board...  I'm starting to agree with this.  I took the off season off but have tried to engage people with stuff that I find interesting.

Problem is... Nobody else can relate to my commentary one way or another.  I'm on here to exchange thoughts and ideas....  It ain't happnin.  I'll give it another week or so.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 6odvernment's comment:

such a poorly run website on so many levels. 

Well nobody is asking you to stay.  Matter of fact, it looks like you just made a new account since BDC apparently banned your previous account.  Probably a good sign they don't want you here either.  Since they don't want you hear and you don't like how the website is ran it would probably be in the best interest of you and BDC if you just left.  What do you think about that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Well nobody is asking you to stay. "

+1, 

" As for TCal's parenting skills and me mocking those, it's not rude at all."   It's downright idiotic to mock anyone's parenting skills on this forum. No one knows. The only thing I would say is that if you have kids, don't be posting in here a hundred times a day. If you don't, it's probably still a good idea to find a hobby but at least you're not neglecting a child.      It's very concerning an adult would lack basic respect for players on the team they root for.  To make up nicknames, knowing TCal would never have the balls to say it to the person's face, is all we need to know about his character. Gutless puuke. Truth."  
    Well, I'm not a fan of calling our players names but I don't think you can extend that to childrearing skills, that's a bizarre leap in logic.    Calling someone a gutless puuuke isn't a good idea when trying to play the character card yourself. Things get heated in here and I'm not sure that means folks are of bad character. Yes I would like to see more civility in here but we all have times where we go off a bit here. I think you take this forum way too seriously if you are passing judgement on people's real lives based on the content of their posts.    The exceptions would be off topic drivel like Godvernment or fans of other teams. When fans of other teams are in here, you really wonder about the psychology of someone who needs to be in another team's room.    As for the decline in posters, I do think aggressive rudeness has something to do with it, but not sure it's the major factor. It's not the format changes either. It's how the forums are positioned. Used to be the top forum posts were featured prominently on the home pages. Now they are nowhere to be found. there is a forum link but you have to srcoll way down to get to sports. Therefore - no new traffic.    I don't think the Globe sees much future in the forum business.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Another thread about the decline of the board...  I'm starting to agree with this.  I took the off season off but have tried to engage people with stuff that I find interesting.

Problem is... Nobody else can relate to my commentary one way or another.  I'm on here to exchange thoughts and ideas....  It ain't happnin.  I'll give it another week or so.

Too bad, I usually like your posts. You are one of the few I don't have on ignore!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Probably shut it down and not be bothered with it. Will the red Sox or Patriots lose fans because this forum isn't around-I don't think so. I don't have any problem posting-- so maybe it's you Paul-K

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Scene from the movie....

<End Scene>

O-M-G!  That is the funniest post I have read on this forum so far since I have been here.  I seel an Oscar award here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Probably shut it down and not be bothered with it. Will the red Sox or Patriots lose fans because this forum isn't around-I don't think so. I don't have any problem posting-- so maybe it's you Paul-K

I have had some problems posting the past week but I will work with it because I really like this forum and glad I found it.  It does have a bit too much drama, I must say.

I like your picture.  Is that your girlfriend and bike?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

I have had some problems posting the past week but I will work with it because I really like this forum and glad I found it.  It does have a bit too much drama, I must say.

nope I'm a female, just a fun picture I use for my victorious secret fantasy team but it could be me.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Oh yeah. Very difficult place to share intelligent commentary on top of the horrendous board formatting.

It feels like 1998 in here with the way the board is formatted. An embarrassment.  I can see why many ran off. The board is littered with trolls, the formatting, the inability to discuss, etc.

You see the reason every time you look in the mirror.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Welcome to the forum new guy. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

Welcome to the forum new guy. lol

Thanks

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnCrunch. Show CaptnCrunch's posts

I've watched this board for many years as a casual observer and enjoyed it until last few months. i recently decided to join To see if maybe i could be part of a change that is needed as the trend has been for the worse. seems like posters like many posters, most noteably TFB12, believe they decide what is acceptable or not, who is allowed or not, and it has chased many a valued poster away  I'm sure i'll be atarget now too for speaking the truth, but i dont have much invested here. I'm already seeing why. Too many have found a place where they think they can control others actions. Pretty strange dynamic. they knowledge base has deteriorated dramatically. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnCrunch. Show CaptnCrunch's posts

In response to 6odvernment's comment:

this forum certainly has gotten to TFB's head. between photoshopping all day and posting here non stop he has come to think he owns the place. the mods need to regulate his spamming.

I know it isnt just me. There are plenty of others too, but i find myself more interested in reading Rusty's very slanted takes than i do looking at TFB12s rediculous pictures. And after so much time here and all his posts, youd think he'd know more about the game. Really weird. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I post on lots of sites, but this by far has been the worst.  The pop-ups and ad clicks wreak havoc on pages. 

I've had to change my username just to post again because of a handful of "popular trolls" - those who have built cliques of cheerleaders regardless of whether they make any sense or not (like N-A-S, to name one) who create these blocs and have people banned instead of ignored. 

The MODS - if there are any - have ZERO clue as to what goes on here. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts