Is it officially OK to call Patrick Chung a Bust now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Is it officially OK to call Patrick Chung a Bust now?

In response to Muzwell's comment:

It's a free country, you can call him whatever you want, might want to tone it down in his presence though.  Anyway, what does it matter?

Call Brady a bust if you like. I think Obama is a bust (unless anybody on here works for the IRS, in which case he's the best ever).

I'd be careful Muz. I was getting my tax return this year and they took an additional $63.50 out of it because of something I owed in 2010? I called them up, they said it was a late fee, I said for what they said you owed us $.07. I asked them how I got a return then if I owed $.07, they had no answer and said they'd look into it but still took the $63.50 out on my 2012 return.... Yeah that money's gone

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

kind of like GW Bush was a bust (unless you like stealing elections and premeditated, immoral and unnecessary wars that bankrupt your country while making sure your 1% billionaire buddies rake in the profits)

[/QUOTE]

Gints Fan

This is the best statement you made on this board! 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well he couldn't cover and when he tried to play in the box he was bounced around like I ping pong ball, before coming up grabbing some part of his body...where he would then go on to miss the next 4-6 weeks. And yeah, he did get benched toward the end of the season for quitting on the team, but compared to some of our other recent second round selections I'd consider him a solid pick!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

i say its undecided. could c him thriving like BJE under a new system or trending down like the merriweather. u never know!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

It's a free country, you can call him whatever you want, might want to tone it down in his presence though.  Anyway, what does it matter?

Call Brady a bust if you like. I think Obama is a bust (unless anybody on here works for the IRS, in which case he's the best ever).

I'd be careful Muz. I was getting my tax return this year and they took an additional $63.50 out of it because of something I owed in 2010? I called them up, they said it was a late fee, I said for what they said you owed us $.07. I asked them how I got a return then if I owed $.07, they had no answer and said they'd look into it but still took the $63.50 out on my 2012 return.... Yeah that money's gone

Don't worry, I have a healthy mistrust of all things government, I know they're above nothing. And they're getting worse. It baffles me how anybody in their right mind could trust anything any politician or bureaucrat says, it's all self-serving doublespeak. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

kind of like GW Bush was a bust (unless you like stealing elections and premeditated, immoral and unnecessary wars that bankrupt your country while making sure your 1% billionaire buddies rake in the profits)

Not sure if this was intended to rile me up or something? It didn't work, I'm no Bush fan. I would like anybody to explain the difference between him and O. Two brothers from a different mother (or father, in this case) as far as I can tell.  As if one single thing has changed for the better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

NO.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Not sure if this was intended to rile me up or something? It didn't work, I'm no Bush fan. I would like anybody to explain the difference between him and O. Two brothers from a different mother (or father, in this case) as far as I can tell.  As if one single thing has changed for the better.

What Muz said^

There is no difference between democrat or a republican, both are wholly corrupt and true Americans are F-ed either way.

Revolution is the answer.

Chung was a good player cut down by injury, it doesn't make his selection a bad pick it's just bad luck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Gronk is first round value based solely on what he's done already.  Lots of first rounders do worse.  If he recovers and continues, he'll be Hall of Fame value for a second round pick. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

OK i understand

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

OK i understand

* board cop lets him off ith a warning *

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He sucked. We told you he sucked. Next time listen to the people who are right almost all the time instead of miscreants like Rusty or his fake accounts. (Or homers. They aren't imbeciles like Rusty but they are incapable of objectivity.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Chung was a good player cut down by injury, it doesn't make his selection a bad pick it's just bad luck.

That's like saying, "He's a great fighter, but he has a glass jaw." If you have a glass jaw, you aren't a great fighter.

If you get hurt too much, you suck. Still a bad pick any way you slice it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What Muz said^

There is no difference between democrat or a republican, both are wholly corrupt and true Americans are F-ed either way.

Watch out wozzy. Or the gestapo will be knocking at your door any time now.

That isn't the answer. Jesus Christ is. Prepare yourself. His return is nigh.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is going to be interest Tcal who believes if you aren't a HoFer you are bust versus Rusty who is going to every pick before and after performed worse than him.

In reality he was servicable enough to not qualify him as a bust.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

This is going to be interest Tcal who believes if you aren't a HoFer you are bust versus Rusty who is going to every pick before and after performed worse than him.

In reality he was servicable enough to not qualify him as a bust.

Semantics. He was cut loose near the end of his rookie contract. That equals the bad use of a 2nd round pick no matter what word you choose to describe it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I wouldn't call him a bust. Sure you want to get more out of a guy who was picked where he was but injuries more than anything else slowed him down. Chung started out well, he had a couple of sacks while blitzing and if I'm not mistaken he sealed a victory with a strip sack in one of his early games. Chung showed good speed and solid tacking ability when he started out here. He's small for the physical demands of his position and injuries took their toll. He wasn't able to play a full season and it looked like the injuries hurt his game.

So that said I would say that while it was disappointing in the end, he wasn't a bust. He was more of a guy who had some bad luck. Don't get me started on Ras I Dowling though. He's a guy who was nearly a first round pick and should never have been taken.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I agree with all of that!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Watch out wozzy. Or the gestapo will be knocking at your door any time now. 

That isn't the answer. Jesus Christ is. Prepare yourself. His return is nigh.

They aren't called the gestapo anymore, they're called homeland security now... though the homeland part is similar and the tactics will be the same.

Sections
Shortcuts