Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Re: Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment?

So the Pats cut Galloway, then what? Nunn played against 3rd stringers in the preseason. I'm not ready to give up on Galloway yet. With his history, we won't have to give up on him...he'll be injured by week 7.

There aren't going to be many teams that have the personnel to execute what the Jets did yesterday. We'll see it again with BAL, maybe TEN. Otherwise this O scores lots of points this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

get NUNN IN THERE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

There's improvement to be had all around.

It should be noted that even Moss and Brady weren't on the same page yesterday, so how could you expect a newcomer who should be used in practice conservatively because of his age to instantly have rapport when Moss and Brady couldn't coordinate?

I think Galloway will be an important piece to the puzzle come November, December, and hopefully January, when defenses will be rolling coverage over the top of Moss and trying to bracket Welker.  For this same reason, I think it's huge that Edelman continue to get reps, even if he does seem a step slow on a couple passes that sailed past him (which I think Welker would have nabbed out of the air and run with)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from footballin. Show footballin's posts

In Response to Re: Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment?:
    ThreeJak... The problem is even when the offense was not out of kilter....Galloway was....
    Posted by GregRod87

When was the offense not out of kilter? We didn't score an offensive touchdown, remember?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from footballin. Show footballin's posts

I may have been watching a different game. Edelmann missed a few balls thrown his way from Brady as did Moss. Brady was 23 of 47...Galloway didn't miss the 24 balls that didn't connect. Simply put: Brady isn't as sharp as he was before and will be when he isn't as scared. Galloway will be fine as will Moss and the other receivers, but NONE of them seem to be on the same page as Brady as of right now. Watch the game again and see how many of the missed catches that went Galloway's way were off target or broken up. Fair weather fans always looking for someone to blame. It's a team sport and no one out there yesterday looked their best. Period. But hey, let's cut them all. Brady is in his 30s and coming off of a major injury. Do we cut him after a bad game? And it was a bad game for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Like others, the WHOLE offense needs to get their stuff together, not just Galloway.  With that said...

Just a little spin off of this topic...Do you think that Brady, Moss & Co. are unhappy with the offensive play calling/game planning? We know that they loved playing under Josh McDaniels, but who knows how they are responding to the new play caller...thoughts?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Who knows why the Patriots are not going deep to Moss" (raises hand). When you have two seconds to throw before pass rushers are in your face, you can't go deep. Galloway and Brady are not in sync so far but you gotta give it another couple weeks before you call it a failure. The offensive problems are beyond one person, everyone has to step it up and you can be they know it. Whether they do or not will show a lot about the pride of this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanwell. Show Stanwell's posts

I have been wondering about the deep ball since the preseason; whether it's shoulder or beating the rush. Saw the ones v. Buffalo & was relieved. But... it is very hard to play against your instincts, as I think Maroney is this year (don't dance just charge) and maybe Galloway too. In Gruden's Tampa were the routes as incredibly precise as they are here?  BB excels at having players do what they do best, but trying to be much more precise could definitely cause jitters.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he has looked bad. i hope that they give nunn a shot, i think he earned it. and i would be all for giving matt jones a try too. i probably would not have said that a month ago, but we need another weapon on offense, plain and simple. galloway is not the answer. even if he does make it through the season (which i doubt), it doesnt look like he can be more than a fourth option. this offense just seems too much for him. did anyone notice how often moss was yelling at him at the line of scrimmage to get into the right formation?
    my guess is that by the end of the season BJGE is the lead back and edelman has a big role in this offense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrislb. Show chrislb's posts

In Response to Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment?:
    I was really excited about Joey G. joining the Pats, but so far he's been less than impressive and looks like a shell of his former self.   During preseason, it was reported that Galloway was having trouble picking up the offense.  By no means am I having some knee jerk reaction to yesterday's loss, but if I were the Pats I would have to see something soon from Joey Galloway or look to move in a different direction. Thoughts?
    Posted by Grogan77

Im not sure why they kept him in the first place. Terrence Nunn impressed. Galloway looked a step behind since day one. Welker and Moss are certainly beyond solid enough to get some youth on the field, Nunn should absolutely have been put out there. Galloway is 37 for God's sake. And where is this speed that he supposedly still has? As of sunday its still not made an appearance. That being said, he is by no means at fault for any misfortunes the teams experienced at this point. He is playing to his level of competency, that of a 37 year old wide receiver well past his prime.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

I was really excited about Joey G. joining the Pats, but so far he's been less than impressive and looks like a shell of his former self.   During preseason, it was reported that Galloway was having trouble picking up the offense.  By no means am I having some knee jerk reaction to yesterday's loss, but if I were the Pats I would have to see something soon from Joey Galloway or look to move in a different direction. Thoughts?
    Posted by Grogan77

you guys need to relax, it's barely the second game.
    So what the pats lost to jets in the second game of the season?
    There is a lot left in the tank for this team.
    they can afford to lose 4 or 5 games as long they finish the season strong.
    No way will there be another 11-5 and NOT make the playoffs?
    This team will take that loss to the heart and learn from this and get better.
    As history has shown, they have and will.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

I disagree, Galloway has put up some impressive numbers in the NFL. Lack of a running game is what's hurting us. No stud runner or OL, Brady is being hurried - has no time to throw, blame goes to Maroney, Light and others. I believe the WR group is solid

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Fair weather fans always looking for someone to blame. It's a team sport and no one out there yesterday looked their best. Period. But hey, let's cut them all. Brady is in his 30s and coming off of a major injury. Do we cut him after a bad game? And it was a bad game for him.
    Posted by footballin

I don't consider myself a fair weather fan, I've been a fan since the early 80's.  But Galloway is a new comer to the roster.  So I don't see how he gets a free pass, were not talking about Troy Brown here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment? : you guys need to relax, it's barely the second game. So what the pats lost to jets in the second game of the season? There is a lot left in the tank for this team. they can afford to lose 4 or 5 games as long they finish the season strong. No way will there be another 11-5 and NOT make the playoffs? This team will take that loss to the heart and learn from this and get better. As history has shown, they have and will.
    Posted by longhairjoe

I'm not pushing the Panic Button, I'm strictly talking about Galloway.   I still like the Pats chances this season.  But football is a game of inches, and the Pats cannot afford any major weak links on offense.  Like I've said previously, when did Galloway earn a free pass on the Patriots roster?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dash4pats. Show dash4pats's posts

I couldn't agree more! Joey Galloway is an early flop. Don't get me wrong, Galloway might still emerge later in the season as he struggles to find the right timing and understands Brady's trends. At this point, however, Galloway seems to be struggling early and often to get on the same page as the game's best QB and lacks (or has lost) the hands inherent in an elite WR. I think he has recorded more drops than completions in 2 games. My point remains, that unless he turns it around in a hurry, letting Jabbar Gaffney go or even to a lesser extent, cutting Greg Lewis (who lacks elite speed but has good hands) could be decisions that come back to bite the Pats. From an early display, I believe Sam Aiken has better hands and the ability to break tackles and Terrence Nunn with the exception of lacking NFL experience, can flat-out make clutch catches - I've seen them LIVE - qualities that I do not see in Galloway.

Everyone says speed kills in the NFL - I contend that speed with "sure hands" kills surely. I believe, the contingency in this situation opens the door for Edelman to step up and Terrence Nunn/Sam Aiken and Ben Watson to get more deeply involved in the offense. Unfornately, BB has shown a tendency to stick with his moves and keep Galloway on the field even if he was completely ineffective - the Jets #3 corner canvassed Galloway all day, guys! Expect this to change in the future! Nunn other than Galloway! :-D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Gaffney was better

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

It is time for Galloway to Go away. Drop this bum along with Baloney Maroney and give Green-Ellis some snaps. Its also time to start looking for some replacements for the "Offensive" line the Pats have.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Posted by Grogan77

If Joey Galloway were a second or third year player I would say sit him, but he's been in the league for over ten years and still has has the skill set to be successful. We're two games into the season and Brady's playing with a receiver he's unfamiliar with. 

This argument isn't as simple as some are stating. The QB coach is not an offensive coordinator, that's become obvious. Brady isn't getting the protection or time he needs to complete passes and when he does, the passes are either poorly thrown or the WR's are dropping them. And we haven't seen him (Brady) go deep consistently. I would like to see Galloway be successful here. 

I've been critical of the team based on the last two results, but these guys are professionals. It's in their best interest to show they have the talent to be a productive starter in this league or you're out of a job...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnmoore4. Show johnmoore4's posts

I guess ending the Brady era is out of the question while all of you want to toss aside Galloway and Maroney.  Did anyone notice what a scrambler and improviser Cassell was?  And he's just as good a passer as Brady.  He will do well with KC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Galloway is a ball in the tall grass. He is lost.

poor route running, mis-timing patterns, trouble with the offense......trouble is who o you get to replace him? I don't see any one available who could be better.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts