Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment?

I was really excited about Joey G. joining the Pats, but so far he's been less than impressive and looks like a shell of his former self.   During preseason, it was reported that Galloway was having trouble picking up the offense.  By no means am I having some knee jerk reaction to yesterday's loss, but if I were the Pats I would have to see something soon from Joey Galloway or look to move in a different direction.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment?

Unless Belichick has Matt Jones's phone number I wouldn't go cutting anyone just yet. How about Brady taking some blame for some of those awful passes? If he threw an acurate ball to Galloway when he beat Revis and Rhodes ,Galloway would've had a TD to his name. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment?:
    [QUOTE]Unless Belichick has Matt Jones's phone number I wouldn't go cutting anyone just yet. How about Brady taking some blame for some of those awful passes? If he threw an acurate ball to Galloway when he beat Revis and Rhodes ,Galloway would've had a TD to his name. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE] this is true,brady has yet to look like the brady we know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Answer: Yes!

He played in Tampa Bay when Gruden had the West Coast offense, which is generally regarded as fairly complicated, and had no problems picking it up.

IMHO, I believe that Brady and Galloway do not seem to have the same type of personal chemistry/simpatico/whatever that Tom has with Randy Moss. Brady has been known to give up on receivers that he feels have not provided the same level of commitment to the task at hand as he does.

I would sit him down now and look at other receivers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'd give him one more week, but this is looking like a bust to me. Brady and he aren't on the same page (more than once Brady threw to a spot different from the spot Galloway ran to) and Galloway doesn't seem to have speed, shiftiness, or good hands right now. 

Time to promote Terrance Nunn from the practice squad maybe?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HoleinOne402. Show HoleinOne402's posts

Agreed on giving Galloway one more week.  Just looks out of sync and drops 1-2 passes a game.  While Brady could have thrown better to him (and most of the receivers), doesn't have the same speed and elusiveness I remember in the past.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

how many yards did moss get yesterday?something like 6 yrds.its more then just gallowway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]how many yards did moss get yesterday?something like 6 yrds.its more then just gallowway.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering about Moss too.  Why isn't he running any deep routes? Right now they have no one stretching the field. Galloway and Moss are the guys who should be doing that.  Are both too old? Why is Moss running underneath routes so much this season? Is it the play calling? Is Moss starting to slow down? Is it Brady's shoulder being more hurt than we think making deep passes impossible?  Not sure, but there doesn't seem to be any deep threat right now.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Who knows why the Patriots are not going deep to Moss. Could Brady's shoulder be worse than we know so that they are taking it easy with it for now. It's possible, but also could just be coincidence.

As far as Galloway goes, should he not get any better, we could stay in house and promote Terrance Nunn off the practice squad. He had nice speed and seemed to have some good hands. At this point, I don't see how he would hurt us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeepguy2358. Show jeepguy2358's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment? : I've been wondering about Moss too.  Why isn't he running any deep routes? Right now they have no one stretching the field. Galloway and Moss are the guys who should be doing that.  Are both too old? Why is Moss running underneath routes so much this season? Is it the play calling? Is Moss starting to slow down? Is it Brady's shoulder being more hurt than we think making deep passes impossible?  Not sure, but there doesn't seem to be any deep threat right now.  
    Posted by soloflyfisher[/QUOTE]

I think it comes down to play calling and the lack of pass protection in the first game.  They are afraid Brady is going to get killed if he takes more than a 3 step drop.  They will ANY games if they don't try to stretch the field.  If a defense only has to cover the flats, there is no way we are going to be able to run the ball.  Their db's can play like 4 extra linebackers.  Obviously I am sitting here in front of  a computer and not setting up the schemes for the offense, but even if you have nothing, I'd say throw it long to Moss or Galloway.  Throw it as far as you can, just to keep them honest.  I don't think Moss has lost a step.  Who knows, if Brady can put enough air under it, he may be able to out run the other guys.  So far, Galloway is a bust.  Get rid of him and promote Nunn and change up the play calling.  BTW - we have found our next Wes Welker in Edelman.  That guy is AWESOME!  I'd say in a 4 recevier set bring them both in at the slots, put Moss and whoever else to run the deep routes - nobody can keep up with that!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment? : I think it comes down to play calling and the lack of pass protection in the first game.  They are afraid Brady is going to get killed if he takes more than a 3 step drop.  They will ANY games if they don't try to stretch the field.  If a defense only has to cover the flats, there is no way we are going to be able to run the ball.  Their db's can play like 4 extra linebackers.  Obviously I am sitting here in front of  a computer and not setting up the schemes for the offense, but even if you have nothing, I'd say throw it long to Moss or Galloway.  Throw it as far as you can, just to keep them honest.  I don't think Moss has lost a step.  Who knows, if Brady can put enough air under it, he may be able to out run the other guys.  So far, Galloway is a bust.  Get rid of him and promote Nunn and change up the play calling.  BTW - we have found our next Wes Welker in Edelman.  That guy is AWESOME!  I'd say in a 4 recevier set bring them both in at the slots, put Moss and whoever else to run the deep routes - nobody can keep up with that!
    Posted by jeepguy2358[/QUOTE]

Jeep, we seem to be on the same page with Nunn huh...LOL.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Maybe not end it, but when Welker returns, give Edelman the 3 spot and move Joey to #4.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment?:
    [QUOTE]I was really excited about Joey G. joining the Pats, but so far he's been less than impressive and looks like a shell of his former self.   During preseason, it was reported that Galloway was having trouble picking up the offense.  By no means am I having some knee jerk reaction to yesterday's loss, but if I were the Pats I would have to see something soon from Joey Galloway or look to move in a different direction. Thoughts?
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Remember Doug Gabriel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it Time to End the Galloway Experiment? : I've been wondering about Moss too.  Why isn't he running any deep routes? Right now they have no one stretching the field. Galloway and Moss are the guys who should be doing that.  Are both too old? Why is Moss running underneath routes so much this season? Is it the play calling? Is Moss starting to slow down? Is it Brady's shoulder being more hurt than we think making deep passes impossible?  Not sure, but there doesn't seem to be any deep threat right now.  
    Posted by soloflyfisher[/QUOTE]

Interesting thoughts.  Sort of chicken or egg deal.  Is it because on the blitz onslaught? or the other?  Not sure which dictates which.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

You need time to throw the deep ball.  Time was in short supply for this game.  I vote we give Galloway one more game when we face a normal defense before we cut him.  A lot of talk about how bad Brady looks, how bad ..... and so on.  This is what happens when you play a good defense.  The Jets have allowed 4.5 points a game thus far.  The season is young but still.  Anyway, moral to the story is that giving up on anyone based on how they played against a very good defense might be harsh.  It looked like he missed some easy catches though.  He had more catches than Moss, but Moss had Revis on him all afternoon.  Revis is an elite CB.

I'm a Nunn fan.  If Galloway doesn't show something special in the Atlanta game, bring on the new guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

I hate to say it..but Galloway has got to either go or be relegated to a fill in.

Sam Aiken looked more than decent in the pre season. I think its time for hime to step up to full time. He has been in the system where it seems Galloway cannot grasp the ball or the schemes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Way too early imho....The game day synergy we're all looking for takes more than a pre-season.  Ok, he dropped a couple that were more than catchable but the whole offensive scheme and mechanism looked "off" or outta kilter to me...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

Um...Brady did throw the deep ball to Randy....remember...Brady got Picked!

Short memory....didn't Brady go deep to Moss last week. Randy had 144 yrards

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

ThreeJak...

The problem is even when the offense was not out of kilter....Galloway was....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

While we are at it, we should get rid of Welker and Moss too, because none of the WR's are on the same page as Brady.....

get real people!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlimo. Show jlimo's posts

I agree with everyone on here - I have no idea why they kept Galloway and cut Nunn in the first place - he was dropping balls all throughout pre-season. He keeps dropping balls. Granted, Brady could have thrown more accurate balls, but Edelman seemed to catch them just fine. I agree that Edelman is terrific, and they need to put Galloway on the practice squad and bring Nunn out - he's got good speed and can catch a ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]how many yards did moss get yesterday?something like 6 yrds.its more then just gallowway.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Moss, if Galloway were a young twenty something then I wouldn't be as critical.  But he's a 39 yr old coming off a major injury.  These are the main reasons I wouldn't give Galloway too much slack.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I also like the thought of seeing  Nunn, Aiken, or Edelman in the #3 spot.  Galloway just might have nothing left in the Tank.  At his age and injury history, I don't think that's giving up or bad mouthing a player, that's reality.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dadairt666. Show Dadairt666's posts

Brady and Edelman seemed to be on the same page all game (except when Brady overthrew him the TD pass).  Edelman showed good hands and alot of speed. I would love to see alot more of him in the offense.

Sections
Shortcuts