Is it time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Is it time?

For the Patriots to groom a "new" QB?

If not what changes would you make to the New England Patriots?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Is it time?

In Response to Is it time?:
    [QUOTE]For the Patriots to groom a "new" QB? If not what changes would you make to the New England Patriots?
    Posted by RogerTaylor[/QUOTE]
    Maybe in a couple years. Are you saying Brady is washed up because the TEAM lost in the SB?  I guess you already forgot his accomplishments these last couple years.  Can you point out where he is slowing down?  There are ELEVEN players on offense.. and ELEVEN players on defense..   Brady throws and hands off, he does not catch, run or tackle!  They've become the Colts, to a degree, so goes Manning, so goes the Colts.. and as we saw, so goes Brady, so goes the Patriots!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]For the Patriots to groom a "new" QB? If not what changes would you make to the New England Patriots?

new QB, no.

The real answer is to get real playmakers on saftey. WR. maybe OLB.

Most importantly, Belichick and McDaniels need to go back to old school and run the BALL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Keep this team and get playmakers as stated above: WR, LB, Another Corey Dillon type fullback who can pound all day long, and a corner back.

This is a SB team for crying out loud who came one play away from winning it all. How many dropped passes in that last quarter? That was the ball game--none of which can be blamed on Tom Brady--who has spoiled us for a decade now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

An ice cold organization would probably trade Brady for multiple picks - I bet they could get 2 X 1st rounders and maybe more.

You'd be giving up two seasons of Brady at a high level - but in the long term you'd be adding talent to keep the Pats competing and maybe Mallett can be a good enough QB to win with added talent.

It should be considered.  But Kraft will be emotional with Brady I have a feeling.

You have to be ice cold about it.  Ask Lawyer Malloy, Ty Law, and Steve Vrabel about the definition of "ice cold"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

That's crazy, man! Sure Brady has proved he is not perfect, probably not even Montana like, but look how often he gets them in a position to win!!!!!!!!!!!!! Half the seasons he has been at the helm, they have made it to the SB, and mostly because of Brady! What fan base would not take that in a NY second?? If Tyree doesn't make The Catch, or Welker does make his, Brady is in company with Montana, Bradshaw, etc. Sad that he made a couple of bonehead plays that could have cost them the game, but other guys could have made some plays too to bail him out. Overall, by the numbers or any other measure, Brady is one of the great QB's to play the game, and he is far from over the hill.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

You have to consider what he will be worth in 2 seasons when he is 36.  If you are going to be a cold blooded org. committed to winning that is.

If we are going to be sentimental - let's keep him out there until he is 40

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

They have the running backs.  They just elect to not use them, or worse, stop using them when they are effective.  I think this falls more on Brady.  I think he is opting out of run plays at the line.  Or we've had a series of delusional OCs since Weiss left. No...that's not it.  It is Brady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

yes, it's time to groom another QB - to carry on the success in the future.

It's also time to get an OC who can do a better job of making our offense less predictable, time to get a DC who can turn our D into something more like the Steelers, Ravens, or Giants - and time for BB to focus on plugging holes on the team with players - so that we can beat those kinds of teams that give our offense a hard time scoring points.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think Brady has the skills.  He lacks the patience and poise in the game.  He needs a strong OC personality to rein him in. I think McD can do it.  But I don't McD will do it. He is buddy-buddy with Brady and very surely will defer to Brady. 

Meanwhile, this makes four of the last five seasons in which injury to Brady has had an impact on the team's fortunes.  Considering that Manning is more done than a Kardashian bun, can we expect to get another three, fine seasons out of Brady?  I don't think so. I would like to see them get Mallet into games next year in junk time to see if he could be the successor.  I would not expect an effective Hoyer to stay around long enough to succeed Brady.  (But because of Brady's evidently massive ego, I don't think he will stand for them letting a back-up mo-up in junk time.)  

And unless the fix the aforementioned Brady problem above, they will not win another SB with Brady at QB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I can't imagine brady staying healthy for 16 games at 35.  So we'll see Mallett in real game action next year anyhow.  Father time will demand it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Is it time?:
    [QUOTE]No, but I think if this "Problem" happens again in next year's playoffs, then maybe you take a look at it.  NE will win the division next year again or at least by a wild card, barring a series of injury issues, so let's not go overboard, here, Rogie. We know as a NY fan, you'd like to see a true threat with BB/Brady under contract for 3 more years as gone now, but sorry.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]
    Russ, don't the Patriots have 3 really good examples from this season?  The time is now....lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

[QUOTE]They have the running backs.  They just elect to not use them, or worse, stop using them when they are effective.  I think this falls more on Brady.  I think he is opting out of run plays at the line.  Or we've had a series of delusional OCs since Weiss left. No...that's not it.  It is Brady.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]Yeah thats the problem Brady is worth a Billion ,BB,Kraft cant tell him what to do so every game plan is abandon the run nothing else matters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlDavisII. Show AlDavisII's posts

Yes I think you're right.  The time has come to get rid of Pretty Boy Tom.  His play has rapidly declined in the last couple years.  The defense has played great and, ok, the WR's made a few drops but Brady never made the bone head plays and interceptions he's making now.  The Pats need to make a trade for a QB who hasn't won the SB yet, like Drew Brees.  Tom does seem hungry and focused anymore.  Would you be if you had he's life??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNPats76. Show SoxNPats76's posts

If you're going to go with Mallett than you need outside wide outs to use his rocket fueled arm to it's full advantage, dude is a beast. But, he needs wide outs that can make plays too. Ironically enough, go watch Mallett's deep balls to Manningham at Michigan as they crushed ND a few years ago. His wide outs at Arkansas as well, this dink and dunk offensive plan sucks. So long O'Brien after PSU fires you in 3 years nobody will even remember who you are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlDavisII. Show AlDavisII's posts

Time to Rebuild and replace, this team obviously can't win a big game anymore.  Start with Brady.  I don't see Hoyer as a starting QB, so the best bet is Mallett.  Use the picks you get for Brady for WRs an some defensive help.  Or maybe a blockbuster trade for Brees.  With Drew and a better D we would have won last night.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

The Pats just came within one Welker drop of winning the Super Bowl. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

==========================

Yes. I think Pats might have had a better chance of winning yesterday had Hoyer played much of the game.  Tom's judgement seems highly flawed the past three seasons and, the bigger the game, the more flawed. His accuracy is dwindling. He takes sacks now and throws balls up for grabs, that the young TB would never do. He doesn't seem to see all his receivers.  A young QB would just follow orders, the way young TB did, and would likely have some foot speed which can change the on-field dynamic. 

2 first round draft picks?

But they've got to do something about the coaching, too.  Flustrating how the Pats change from an offensive style that's working for no apparent reason - happened again last night. Even swapping players out, because they just made a play (noticed Hernandez flustrated about this last nite).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In the words of Bart Simpson...get bent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is it time? : ========================== Yes. I think Pats might have had a better chance of winning yesterday had Hoyer played much of the game.  Tom's judgement seems highly flawed the past three seasons and, the bigger the game, the more flawed. His accuracy is dwindling. He takes sacks now and throws balls up for grabs, that the young TB would never do. He doesn't seem to see all his receivers.  A young QB would just follow orders, the way young TB did, and would likely have some foot speed which can change the on-field dynamic.  2 first round draft picks? But they've got to do something about the coaching, too.  Flustrating how the Pats change from an offensive style that's working for no apparent reason - happened again last night. Even swapping players out, because they just made a play (noticed Hernandez flustrated about this last nite).
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

Brady gets hurt.  Hoyer told to warm-up.  Hoyer  never plays.  Brady stinks for rest of game.  Why?  Because the star has to play, not the best man for the situation.  That has been the downfall of this team for several years.   Take out players who are succeeding and insert players who are favorites, regardless of effectiveness.  Why was Gronk even playing by the second QTR????????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNPats76. Show SoxNPats76's posts

To see a 3-time Super Bowl champion QB scared to death out there is ridiculous, really??!! You never saw guys like Montana and Aikman out there lookin scared. Brady's magic is gone, dude is just average now. One more Super Bowl loss and he's got the same record as Manning.. .500.

I don't know what's happened but he's not the same player anymore no matter what anyone says. Between that, the awful offensive game plan and Bill's complete and total lack of giving a crap about defense.. I just don't know what to think anymore.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crawfe. Show crawfe's posts

Hahaha. That statement about Hoyer is just nonsense. What game were some of you watching?! Dump Brady, are you kidding?? How many high throws did Eli's big receivers go up and get for him in the last few games?! Welker missed a medium difficult catch. Gronk's speed was 50% and he was Brady's top weapon this year. 3 fumbles we didn't recover. This lack of Luck is just payback for all the breaks we got winning the 3 SBs. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

we have 2 solid backups at the moment, Mallet is the heir to brady. I think we need to focus on getting a Top level defense, as well as improving the WRs