is it WRONG to be leaning against MARTIN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: is it WRONG to be leaning against MARTIN?

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to Angel-of-Light's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]
    Thats just amerikkka showing its true colors in light of no leadership from minorities and them just thinking they can get away with anything. As long as we disrespect each other, some will feel they can do. Prime example...When did non black people think it was cool to do the whole black face thing? I though we deaded that long ago. Even the famous designer thought it was ok until someon checked him. Thats all ive seen for the last 2 weeks is stories about ignorant people who feel they can do what they want with no consequence. We have to get back to being proud and take back the respect and seperate ourselves from the status qoe folks who are willing to sellout for the agenda.

Wow, I couldn't say better myself. Bullying does not have a place in the modern society, just like slavery. No matter how strong an individual is, there are ways to intimidate any person. Treat others the way you want to be treated, how difficult this may be? Veteran players should treat rookies with dinner, not the other way around.

[/QUOTE]

Slavery/Bullying.....over reach much. The 13th ammendment in 1865 ended slavery

[/QUOTE]

do your research. Abe ended the practice but for more than 80 years it continued with them just taking folks off the street and putting them jail and those jails then selling the now "inmates" to large manufacturers and coal miners. They would work there until their death. No food or shelter. Look it up. A white man uncovered and wrote this story a while back.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89051115

also mental slavery is still alive and well...  we cant even legally buy something from a nice store without being arrested and made to wait in a jail cell while they check your bank to see if you are authentic.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Black-Teenager-Lawsuit-Barneys-Belt-NYPD-Purchase-Detain-Fake-Identification-228915061.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Mental Slavery...really...

So now we have connected the Martin case to slavery.....

For real???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

For real???

[/QUOTE]

I never did such a thing. You made a comment about slavery ended in 1865 so I explained the truth. The mental slavery thing is not pertaining to martin to all. I just got off topic and felt the need to post some stuff cuz I really wonder how many people just went along with the bs they were told in school. For me, I knew my ancestors were slaves. My wifes grandmother(still living) was one and my great , great grandfather was a slave who fought in civil war and recieved a pension(30/mnth)

If you believe what you are told, why research? I get it for Americans but once you research, you will find amerikkka is based on lies. Columbus discovering america...?? LOL

Sorry to get off track dude. Kind of struck a nerve when people speak on re-written his story

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For real???

[/QUOTE]

I never did such a thing. You made a comment about slavery ended in 1865 so I explained the truth. The mental slavery thing is not pertaining to martin to all. I just got off topic and felt the need to post some stuff cuz I really wonder how many people just went along with the bs they were told in school. For me, I knew my ancestors were slaves. My wifes grandmother(still living) was one and my great , great grandfather was a slave who fought in civil war and recieved a pension(30/mnth)

If you believe what you are told, why research? I get it for Americans but once you research, you will find amerikkka is based on lies. Columbus discovering america...?? LOL

Sorry to get off track dude. Kind of struck a nerve when people speak on re-written his story

[/QUOTE]

Yes...off track would be a mild under statement. No worries. Angel of Light interjected the connection to Slavery which I found patently ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For real???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes...off track would be a mild under statement. No worries. Angel of Light interjected the connection to Slavery which I found patently ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

I never said said slavery=bullying, I said that both should not exist in the modern society. You find this ridiculous?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Has anyone even thought that maybe Martin has emotional or mental issues that can be treated like depression but he doesn't realise it or he does but won't do anything about it because it could be interpreted as not very masculine/macho for a big, strong guy to admit that he has depression?

This doesn't excuse Incog for his actions as how he has acted sounds very juvenile to me.

This isn't high school or even college.  These guys are adults and professionals.  Granted, they are adults that play a violent game for a living but that doesn't make that kind of behavior any more acceptable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    Thats just amerikkka showing its true colors in light of no leadership from minorities and them just thinking they can get away with anything. As long as we disrespect each other, some will feel they can do. Prime example...When did non black people think it was cool to do the whole black face thing? I though we deaded that long ago. Even the famous designer thought it was ok until someon checked him. Thats all ive seen for the last 2 weeks is stories about ignorant people who feel they can do what they want with no consequence. We have to get back to being proud and take back the respect and seperate ourselves from the status qoe folks who are willing to sellout for the agenda.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I couldn't say better myself. Bullying does not have a place in the modern society, just like slavery. No matter how strong an individual is, there are ways to intimidate any person. Treat others the way you want to be treated, how difficult this may be? Veteran players should treat rookies with dinner, not the other way around.

[/QUOTE]

Slavery/Bullying.....over reach much. The 13th ammendment in 1865 ended slavery

[/QUOTE]

They are similar to the extent that they are both atavistic behaviours that harm others, particularly those perceived in some way as "outsiders" by the perpetrators of the aggression.  Slavery may have worse consequences for the harmed than bullying, but both have highly negative consequences.  Another similarity, of course, is that in the 1800s there were plenty of people who made all sorts of excuses for continuing slavery, much as some seem to be making excuses for bullying or harrassment.  One hopes society continues to march forward, but there is a significant and, in my opinion, unfortunate backlash against progressivism in the US, it seems.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has anyone even thought that maybe Martin has emotional or mental issues that can be treated like depression but he doesn't realise it or he does but won't do anything about it because it could be interpreted as not very masculine/macho for a big, strong guy to admit that he has depression?

This doesn't excuse Incog for his actions as how he has acted sounds very juvenile to me.

This isn't high school or even college.  These guys are adults and professionals.  Granted, they are adults that play a violent game for a living but that doesn't make that kind of behavior any more acceptable.

[/QUOTE]

I really see nothing wrong with anything Martin did.  He handled it maturely.  He recognized that he was in a toxic situation, and quietly removed himself from it.  Throwing punches, as some here seem to want him to do, would be the worst thing he could do.  Boys do that kind of stuff.  Men don't.

If the organization thought that Martin overreacted (which would be the implication from thinking he might have mental issues/depression), they would not have immediately cut ties with Incognito.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For real???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never said said slavery=bullying, I said that both should not exist in the modern society. You find this ridiculous?

[/QUOTE]

Please enlighten me as to how you found it neccessary to bring slavery into the Martin discussion. How do those 2 subjects fit together.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really see nothing wrong with anything Martin did.  He handled it maturely.  He recognized that he was in a toxic situation, and quietly removed himself from it.  Throwing punches, as some here seem to want him to do, would be the worst thing he could do.  Boys do that kind of stuff.  Men don't.

If the organization thought that Martin overreacted (which would be the implication from thinking he might have mental issues/depression), they would not have immediately cut ties with Incognito.

[/QUOTE]

He should have gone to the Coach.

The Dolphins suspended Incognito to be PC correct.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For real???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please enlighten me as to how you found it neccessary to bring slavery into the Martin discussion. How do those 2 subjects fit together.

[/QUOTE]

Go back two posts and read what prolate wrote. Also one of the definitions of slavery is "submission to a dominating influence". Does it apply to Martin's situation or bullying in general?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slavery

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He should have gone to the Coach.

[/QUOTE]

Or maybe because they thought what he did was wrong. 

Of course, if Philbin was condoning and even encouraging Incognito's behaviour, then it's not just Incognito who did something wrong.  Should the investigation find that Philbin created an atmosphere that encouraged or even tolerated this kind of behaviour, he's likely to be given the boot too.  And, if he was involved, he should be booted out. Politically correct or not . . . it's still correct. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

It appears Martin had intent of filing a lawsuit against Miami Dolphins all along. His case will be strengthened if there were proofs that Incognito was told by the organization to "toughen" him up.  The situation is becoming very messy for the Dolphins organization in term of public image, legal and league troubles, and financial liability.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For real???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go back two posts and read what prolate wrote. Also one of the definitions of slavery is "submission to a dominating influence". Does it apply to Martin's situation or bullying in general?

[/QUOTE]

That's a great point.  Bullying and slavery do have that connection in that both are forms of domination. Again, slavery may have worse and further reaching negative impacts, but bullying has malignant effects too.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

This amazing how over complicated people seem to be making this. Like it or hate it, hazing will go on until the end of time. I don't care whether you are talking the military, the NFL, or the 10 year olds in a neighborhood group of kids.

Personally, I have zero problem with (good natured) hazing. I went through several different versions of it.....from being a freshman in high school....to many different sports teams. All of it was meant to make you look silly....and at the end, it brought a bonding between all those involved. It was harmless.

What happened in Miami is far from harmless hazing. It was pure abuse + extortion. Sorry, but there is no place that should allow such bogus acts. Those who want to defend Incognito in any way shape or form are just as much as pondscum as he is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This amazing how over complicated people seem to be making this. Like it or hate it, hazing will go on until the end of time. I don't care whether you are talking the military, the NFL, or the 10 year olds in a neighborhood group of kids.

Personally, I have zero problem with (good natured) hazing. I went through several different versions of it.....from being a freshman in high school....to many different sports teams. All of it was meant to make you look silly....and at the end, it brought a bonding between all those involved. It was harmless.

What happened in Miami is far from harmless hazing. It was pure abuse + extortion. Sorry, but there is no place that should allow such bogus acts. Those who want to defend Incognito in any way shape or form are just as much as pondscum as he is.

[/QUOTE]

Good natured ribbing is fine.  I don't think anyone has any problem with that.  It's when it gets cruel and abusive that it's no longer funny or tolerable.  I agree with you.  I think the problem, based on what we've heard about what was done by Incognito, is that the "hazing" went far beyond anything that can be considered acceptable.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just so we can review the bidding on this, Incognito's history....

Nebraska

2001: Suspended for fighting

2003: Suspended for unspecified reasons by coach

2004: Charged with 3 counts of assault at a college party

2004: Transferred to Oregon

2004: Dismissed from team for not attending anger management classes

Rams

2009: Suspended for fighting

Bills

2009: Picked off waivers from Rams; Bills declined to re-sign due to personal issues

Dolphins

2013: Suspended indefinitely for conduct unbecoming

Now that's what I call a consistent history.

Do you still think the Dolphins suspended him only because they were being politically correct???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nebraska

Rams

Bills

2009: Picked off waivers from Rams; Bills declined to re-sign due to personal issues

Dolphins

Do you still think the Dolphins suspended him only because they were being politically correct???

[/QUOTE]

You are aware the Dolphins knew what was going on.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

For real???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK...you can dodge the question. Again, why bring slavery into the Martin discussion?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to neinmd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nebraska

Rams

Bills

Dolphins

[/QUOTE]

You are aware the Dolphins knew what was going on.....

[/QUOTE]

All the more reason to suspend at least him and perhaps further up the command chain. Just because management was culpable does not mean he isn't responsible for the consequences of his behavior, especially with such a rich history of issues. This guy has received all the free passes anyone could ever expect to get in life.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

slavery is da ultimate form of bullying! great analogy. obama never brings dis up for h like me doent have an intimate relationship with it. one day when US has first slavery-based prez u will have 1st true blak prez. obama = martin! gop cant deal w/him for he's 2 liberal+blak.. imagine if a "real brotha" get in da house?

back on topic.. found dan lebatard's take to b on point:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9936309/jonathan-martin-checked-hospital-leaving-miami-dolphins

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think it's pretty funny that the "epithets" are getting more run in the media (and on this forum) than the extortion.

"Oh my stars and garters! Somebody called me a bad name!"

Hear me now and believe me later . . .    I physically weep for the future of this society.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Belichick puts a premium on locker room leadership. Perhaps the Dolphins don't?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's pretty funny that the "epithets" are getting more run in the media (and on this forum) than the extortion.

"Oh my stars and garters! Somebody called me a bad name!"

Hear me now and believe me later . . .    I physically weep for the future of this society.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with Mike. The extortion is the crime here, the only crime, if in fact that's what it was. We really don't know the facts about that yet, do we? Just one vague account of a trip to Vegas that Martin may have paid for, in part, but didn't go.

That voice mail everybody's all offended by is a year old. It was sent after Martin no-showed a team workout and then tweeted that he's been working out for 10 weeks, as if that makes up for it. Incognito's teammates consider him more black than Martin. Black people are allowed to use that sort of language amongst themselves, so there's no problem here and Incognito is not a racist. He can't be, he's black!

Moreover he was doing his job. He was asked by his coaches to get on Martin's case. That's what he was doing. His style may not be yours or mine and he may not always use the King's English, but he was following orders. This bullying stuff is what some media types came up with.

Martin is not a victim. He doesn't want to play football any more and this is a way out. It's a selfish act, he's not Rosa Parks.

Sections
Shortcuts