Is Josh McDaniels reopening Spygate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Is Josh McDaniels reopening Spygate?

I just caught the end of a conversation on Football Night in America, and the panel was making it sound something like McDaniels has been spilling his guts on what he knew about the Patriot's videotaping. Anybody heard what he is saying?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Is Josh McDaniels reopening Spygate?

I think its already open.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

He was being a complete d!ck, that's what he was doing. He essentially said that this was a 1-time event, and he then proceeded to throw the Pats under the bus, by saying things like, “That was practiced, that was coached, that was worked on.”

Here are the full articles:

Report: McDaniels explains to coaching staff differences between Spygate I and II

Josh McDaniels

Former Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has managed to maintain a good relationship with his former boss, Patriots coach Bill Belichick.

Until now.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that McDaniels met with his staff on Friday to explain the circumstances surrounding Spygate II, which supposedly arose from the one-time-only videotaping of a 49ers’ walk-through practice by a rogue video operator, Steve Scarnecchia.  And McDaniels distinguished the situation from the original Spygate, which arose apparently from years of videotaping of in-game defensive coaching signals.

“That was practiced, that was coached, that was worked on,” McDaniels said in reference to the Patriots’ past practices, per Glazer.

McDaniels also warned his staff to keep their mouths shut.  “If this gets out, there are jobs on the line,” McDaniels told the staff, per Glazer.

So why did it get out?  It possibly had something to do with the fact that, after the 59-14 loss to the Raiders, McDaniels took the staff to owner Pat Bowlen and lambasted them, according to Glazer.

Glazer also reports that there are “raised eyebrows” in the facility, based on the perception that McDaniels threw Scarnecchia under the bus.  Which implies that there’s a belief within the organization that, while McDaniels and Scarnecchia didn’t get their stories together after the fact, they possibly got their stories together before the fact.

Indeed, the sense remains that, even though McDaniels claims he didn’t watch the tape and that Scarnecchia acted alone, Scarnecchia was the Dawson and/or Downey in this situation, and McDaniels ordered the Code Red.  (Hat tip to FNIA producer Joe Gesue for that one.)

King: League won’t reopen Spygate I based on McDaniels’ comments to staff

Josh McDaniels, Bill Leavy

Jay Glazer of FOX reported earlier today that Broncos coach Josh McDaniels explained to his staff on Friday the difference between the recent videotaping of a 49ers practice by a rogue (supposedly) employee and the cheating in which his former employer, the Patriots, engaged.

“That was practiced, that was coached, that was worked on,” McDaniels said, according to Glazer.

The Patriots have opted not to respond.  Peter King of NBC’s Football Night in America reported earlier tonight that the Patriots had no comment.

And the league isn’t concerned about the alleged remark by McDaniels.  Per King, the league won’t be re-opening Spygate I.

In tomorrow’s Week 12 Monday 10-pack, we’ll explain why perhaps the league should.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/28/report-mcdaniels-explains-to-coaching-staff-differences-between-spygate-i-and-ii/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/28/king-league-wont-reopen-spygate-i-based-on-mcdaniels-comments-to-staff/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/28/king-league-wont-reopen-spygate-i-based-on-mcdaniels-comments-to-staff/

Jay Glazer of FOX reported earlier today that Broncos coach Josh McDaniels explained to his staff on Friday the difference between the recent videotaping of a 49ers practice by a rogue (supposedly) employee and the cheating in which his former employer, the Patriots, engaged.

“That was practiced, that was coached, that was worked on,” McDaniels said, according to Glazer.

The Patriots have opted not to respond.  Peter King of NBC’s Football Night in America reported earlier tonight that the Patriots had no comment.

And the league isn’t concerned about the alleged remark by McDaniels.  Per King, the league won’t be re-opening Spygate I.

In tomorrow’s Week 12 Monday 10-pack, we’ll explain why perhaps the league should.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

What does that mean? Did the Pats bring in Martin Scorsese to hold clinics? Josh's head coaching career light is blinking red and he's looking for any excuse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I was shocked to hear Dungheap say McDaniels broke a coaching code by trying to throw BB under the Buss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/11/josh-mcdaniels-i-didnt-have-inside-knowledge-of-patriots-spygate/1

Josh McDaniels: I didn't have inside knowledge of Patriots' Spygate

Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels distanced himself late Sunday from a Fox Sports report that claimed he had admitted to a role in the New England Patriots' Spygate scandal during a meeting with assistants last week.

McDaniels, whom the NFL fined $50,000 after the Broncos admitted to illegally recording a San Francisco 49ers practice in October, told Peter King of SI.com and NBC's Football Night in America that he was not privy to the details of the Patriots' 2007 video violations.

By Ron Chenoy, US Presswire

Fox Sports reported that McDaniels told his coaches on Friday that the Broncos' misdeed -- which the NFL said was orchestrated solely by fired team video director Steve Scarnecchia -- was far different from the Patriots'.

"He actually said, 'Spygate – that was practice, that was coached, that was worked on,' " Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reported. "Then he told coaches that if this gets out, their jobs are on the line."

BILL COWHER: Says truth hasn't come out about Broncos' violation

McDaniels rejected that story to NBC/SI.com.

"I didn't try to minimize what we did at all," he said. "What we did is very serious. And I feel bad it's being represented that I have any inside knowledge of the New England situation, because I don't."

The NFL also fined the Broncos another for the incident, which occurred a day before Denver's 24-16 loss to San Francisco in London on Oct. 31. McDaniels claimed he never saw the video, but was fined for not immediately reporting it.

The Broncos lost 36-33 to St. Louis on Sunday, with fans holding signs calling for McDaniels to be fired.

The coach told NBC/SI.com that he wasn't concentrating on the fans' reaction and only focused on getting the team to play better.

McDaniels has gone 11-16 in his first 27 games in Denver.

-- Sean Leahy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

2 words----Jay Glazer---OK one more----FOX

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

It's never closed till they apologize and give us back our first round pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Peter King reported that the league isn't reopening anything against the Patriots.  That BS is all in the past. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

The OP should worry more about your team missing the playoffs, which is very realistic at this point.  That, and holding on to your QB who would be leaving your team after this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Evil hit it dead on

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that McDaniels met with his staff on Friday to explain the circumstances surrounding Spygate II, which supposedly arose from the one-time-only videotaping of a 49ers’ walk-through practice by a rogue video operator, Steve Scarnecchia. And McDaniels distinguished the situation from the original Spygate, which arose apparently from years of videotaping of in-game defensive coaching signals.

Why would Josh need to explain the difference? Walk through vs. in game? I think I get the difference. Don't you?  Does this story need any alarm words attached to it? "Rouge"? Wouldn't "employed video director" worked just as well?

“That was practiced, that was coached, that was worked on,” McDaniels said in reference to the Patriots’ past practices, per Glazer.

McDaniels also warned his staff to keep their mouths shut. “If this gets out, there are jobs on the line,” McDaniels told the staff, per Glazer.

So why did it get out? It   possibly   had something to do with the fact that, after the 59-14 loss to the Raiders, McDaniels took the staff to owner Pat Bowlen and lambasted them, according to Glazer.

SO WHY did it? " possibly"   That just screams pure speculation to me. Just ask your source why it got out JAY. Then a big spill on how Josh did this and that behind closed doors. OOUH AAAHHH     SCANDAL   I think we all knew Josh would not go on T.V. to talk to his staff.

Glazer also reports that there are “raised eyebrows” in the facility, based on the perception that McDaniels threw Scarnecchia under the bus. Which implies that there’s a belief within the organization that, while McDaniels and Scarnecchia didn’t get their stories together after the fact, they possibly got their stories together before the fact. 

“raised eyebrows” Really says Who? As far as their story's being the same . The league said they were. That was the reason they were able to hand the fines out now. 

I don't know glazer's job status. Is it as shaky as Josh's?  Did J's story come out before the fines but after the league knew about it? Is there a rat in the league office?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Is Josh McDaniels reopening Spygate?:
    [QUOTE]The OP should worry more about your team missing the playoffs, which is very realistic at this point.  That, and holding on to your QB who would be leaving your team after this season.
    Posted by dastardly[/QUOTE]

This Denver story, involving Josh McDaniels, suddenly being exposed several weeks after it happened, on the eve of the Jets/Pats huge game, is no coincidence. Make no mistake...this is an attempt by the NY media to re-open spygate.

The NY media unfortunately was successful in distracting BB and the Pats on the eve of the 2007 season SB game with the Giants. Now, on the eve of this huge game with the Jets, they're up to their slimy tricks again. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Is Josh McDaniels reopening Spygate?:
    [QUOTE]The OP should worry more about your team missing the playoffs, which is very realistic at this point.  That, and holding on to your QB who would be leaving your team after this season.
    Posted by dastardly[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the collection of three-legged dogs left on the Colts' schedule?

If they can't make the playoffs in that wet paper bag of a division they may as well crawl off somewhere and die quietly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

we don't play the jests tomorrow 

Sections
Shortcuts