Is Kerry Rhodes the Latest Jets' Scapegoat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Is Kerry Rhodes the Latest Jets' Scapegoat?

In the aftermath of the Jets' pathetic effort last Sunday, they have decided to bench former team leader and star safety, Kerry Rhodes, in favor of rookie Eric (blocked punt) Smith. After Wes Welker torched the Jets for 192 yards on 15 receptions, someone had to take the fall: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/25/report-jets-benching-kerry-rhodes/.

Rhodes is one of the highest paid players on the Gotham Greenshirts: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/04/10/2008-04-10_kerry_rhodes_snags_huge_jet_deal-2.html.

He apparently will join an ever growing list of yearly Jets' scapegoats, such as Eric Mangini, Chad Pennington, and the great Browning Nagle...LOL!!!   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Is Kerry Rhodes the Latest Jets' Scapegoat?

It's too bad Nagle su*ked, because that's a pretty good QB name IMO ha.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

Ryan will be fired within 3 years.  All mouth and no knowledge. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Hey mumbbles is it true that you think the reason why the pathetic jets lost was because a fire alarm was pulled at the jets hotel? I was wondering if you can provide some proof to that? Do you have the link? Just like you can proove you played DIV1 football right? L-O-S-E-R!!!! You actually beleive that? Mind you hotelgate......wait

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By the way" the runt" had 192 yards against your pathetics, and someone else is crying on the team, other than ryan because he was hit hard.....This is football right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

wasn't rhodes' responsibility to go over the top to help Revis cover moss deep?  besides, it does't seem to me that Smith could have covered Welker any better.  looks like ryan's found the panic button.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Rhodes is one of the best safetys in the NFL so if he is being benched its cause Ryan is a moron and does not know hwo to use his players. Its that simple.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Is Kerry Rhodes the Latest Jets' Scapegoat?:
    [QUOTE]     In the aftermath of the Jets' pathetic effort last Sunday, they have decided to bench former team leader and star safety, Kerry Rhodes, in favor of rookie Eric (blocked punt) Smith.

Isn't the NFL wild! First Pat/Jets Game, Kerry is all over the press and in every paper. Now he is the loser they need to sit down...Guess the Rhodes T-shirt sales will take a hit.. Most likely will be moved to the, "Sanchize" and "Rex is a Stud" table

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Kerry Rhodes is a good safety with a moron for a head coach dont knock the man.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

I loved it when Maroney dropped his shoulder and ran Rhodes over, but I think they should be more concerned about Suckchez.  He is the one costing the team...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Sanchez will develop into a good NFL QB that is something I am pretty sure of and Rhodes is already a very good safety so I dont think they need to worry about either of those two players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

You gotta love it.  Same O'l Jets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I don't think it will take 3yrs. to run fatso out of town, he'll be lucky to start his second yr.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

If next year does not work out he is a goner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Its better they keep the loudmouth, all bark and no bite, the rest of the Division would benefit from Rex staying there....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Is Kerry Rhodes the Latest Jets' Scapegoat?:
    [QUOTE]Kerry Rhodes is a good safety with a moron for a head coach dont knock the man.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

An amusing scenario would be that the Jets release Rhodes, in order to get out from under his huge contract. Then, he signs on with the Pats, and becomes the second coming of Rodney Harrison...LOL!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Jets' might release Rhodes in 2010. His $20mil. guaranteed money is apparently tied to him being injured only...not for being ineffective: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/25/rhodes-contract-contains-a-478-million-hole/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

its funny how some coaches will blame others then themselves.look at the buc,s coach.first he fires the offensive cord a few months back,and now jim bates who i think is a good defensive coach.in the bucs case,its not haveing the right players in the new schemes.they never signed 3-4 players but kept there under sized cover-2 players.its funny how some teams with a lot of cap room dosent spend any to improve there team,and then there are the ones who spend a fortune to improve there team,and the results are the same.its either the front office,or the head coaches fault.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Rex Ryan again found a way to put his foot in his mouth, as he spoke to the media about the decision to bench Kerry Rhodes. "I know he (Rhodes) is embarrassed, as I am". When asked why he (Ryan) was embarrassed, he responded, "Because he (Rhodes) has a lot of talent, but he's just not there yet." 

Judging by the way the Jets have played recently, its' becoming apparent that many of their players "aren't there yet". With a 4-6 record, including being swept by the injury plagued Dolphins, and losing at home to the Buffalo Bills, perhaps one can justifiably say that Rex Ryan, as a head coach, "is not there yet"...LOL!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/25/ryan-on-rhodes-benching-i-know-hes-embarrassed-as-am-i/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I agree that this is mostly Rex Ryan's fault, but Kerry Rhodes has played really poorly this year.  I don't know what his numbers are, but he was constantly out of position against the pats, and in all of the Jets recent losses he's made some terrible plays and taken some terrible angles to the ballcarrier.  Either way it's pretty clear that the Jets are a bunch of FRAUDS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

rhodes is overrated he's too worried about about his celebrity status... loved it when maroney ran him over, wes gave him a stiff arm and ran trough him a couple of times too... has anyone noticed people who call out the pats always end up with egg on their face one way or another? plaxico called it the giants won but look where he's at now

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Ryan and Green New Jerey took their stand and shot their bolt early in the season. I guess you could give them some credit for that, if you buy into the notion that Ryan knew what he had and realized he couldn't compete over the long haul -- and that one win over the Pats might give him at least a scintilla of credibility and help his bosses and the fans overlook the fact that his team blows donut holes and he's epically out of his depth as a head coach.

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe that Ryan is like most coaches of any sport at any level -- and suffers from the same fundamental flaw that plagues all arrested adolescents -- he simply doesn't understand that he doesn't understand. We saw Ryan earlier in the season hanging onto that old saw about how "the better team didn't win today," until it became painfully obvious that the better team had been winning. Then he tried the "sensitive guy" approach, baring his soul through his tears for all the world to see -- and we did see.

Didn't work out so well.

Now we're responding to threads about who is or is not a "scapegoat."

I don't really care one way or the other about Terry . . .

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Sherry . . .

What's her name?

Mary?

Whatever . . .

Rhodes.

Green New Jersey is a three-ring circus that exists, primarily, to entertain fans of actual NFL teams who, if they behave themselves and eat all their vegetables, will be allowed to watch their favorite team stomp the Jests once every few years.

Unless, of course, they happen to be Pats fans . . .  in which case they enjoy this privilege on a regular basis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Is Kerry Rhodes the Latest Jets' Scapegoat?:
    [QUOTE]Ryan and Green New Jerey took their stand and shot their bolt early in the season.

RESPONSE: Its' a damn good thing for Jets' fans that they had their SB in  week two, cause they're obviously going to miss the real one, for the 41st consecutive season. 

I guess you could give them some credit for that, if you buy into the notion that Ryan knew what he had and realized he couldn't compete over the long haul -- and that one win over the Pats might give him at least a scintilla of credibility and help his bosses and the fans overlook the fact that his team blows donut holes and he's epically out of his depth as a head coach.

RESPONSE: Harsh words, Mike. After all, T-Rex has managed to go 4-6 thus far, and still has an outside chance of finishing the season at 7-9...LOL!!

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe that Ryan is like most coaches of any sport at any level -- and suffers from the same fundamental flaw that plagues all arrested adolescents -- he simply doesn't understand that he doesn't understand. We saw Ryan earlier in the season hanging onto that old saw about how "the better team didn't win today," until it became painfully obvious that the better team had been winning. Then he tried the "sensitive guy" approach, baring his soul through his tears for all the world to see -- and we did see. Didn't work out so well. Now we're responding to threads about who is or is not a "scapegoat."

RESPONSE: You've nailed it!! Rex knew that he had a .500 team at best. So, he took an "act as if you are" approach. In other words, if you're not what you want to be, act as if you are...and some day you might get there. So, Rex became arrogant and bombastic. When the losses came, T-Rex tried to explain them away with the "they were lucky cause we're the better team" ploy.
         But, as more losses piled up, that quickly grew old...which led to the dumb, whimpish "tears for all the world to see" motivational ploy. Can you even imagine a BB or a Bill Parcells stooping to this?
         Now, he's trying to take one of his most respected players in the locker room, and "scapegoat" him for all his teams' ills. The hope here is that the Jets' players will be instilled with fear to perform better collectively, because if it can happen to Kerry, it can happen to anyone...and also to light a fire under Rhode's backside...perhaps taking a page from BB, who used a similar ploy to motivate Adalius Thomas.
         Truth is, Rex is becoming rather entertaining. Remember Cam Cameron, a/k/a "Mr. Fail Fast First", in Miami? T-Rex is moving into fail fast first territory, with statements such as "not every player will be treated the same...but every player will be treated fairly." Hummm...OK, Rex.      

I don't really care one way or the other about Terry . . . ummmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . Sherry . . . What's her name? Mary? Whatever . . . Rhodes. Green New Jersey is a three-ring circus that exists, primarily, to entertain fans of actual NFL teams who, if they behave themselves and eat all their vegetables, will be allowed to watch their favorite team stomp the Jests once every few years. Unless, of course, they happen to be Pats fans . . .  in which case they enjoy this privilege on a regular basis.

RESPONSE: Now Mike, lets' be nice. After all, it is Thanksgiving. So let us give thanks for the NY Jets, for the years of laughs and football bloopers that they have provided each and every one of us...and, with T-Rex at the helm, the hits just keep on coming...LOL!! Heres' the latest article on Rhodes, in which, once again, T-Rex firmly shoved his foot in his own mouth: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/11/26/2009-11-26_kerry_rhodes_benched_ouster.html

Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Mike!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' a great article that every Jets' fans should have read to them (as we know, most Jets' fans can't read). To answer the question of. "Whats' wrong with the Jets?", check out this article from the NY Jets Examiner, written by Tyson Rauch: 

"Surprise, surprise, surprise ... the New York Jets lose 6 out of 7 games and now all kinds of actions are being taken by the coaching staff. From Rex Ryan getting more involved on the offensive side of the ball, to the benching of Kerry Rhodes, the Jets are finally trying to right their ship. Here is a question, why weren’t any of these moves made when there was still a chance to save the season? Was it not obvious to anyone within the Jets organization that Mark Sanchez was struggling with ball security issues? Did the Jets coaching staff not see the lackluster play of Kerry Rhodes on game tape? And furthermore are these the only measures being taken to salvage the 2009 season?

The Jets have become a team that appears to be way too complacent and comfortable in their environment. Gang Green walks and talks like they have accomplished something in the NFL, meanwhile they are headed for another mediocre season. Rex Ryan needs to grab control of his team and start making all of his players accountable for their actions. Ryan needs to cut out this “swagger” act and make this a hard working, physical football team like the one he described in his introductory press conference. No more brash statements, no more predictions, no more requests for fan support. Just shut up and get your team ready to play some tough blue collar football. The time has come to crack the whip and make life miserable for these players until they understand what it takes to win in the National Football League. You are not going to go all out on every pass route? Hit the bench. You are not going to sell out on every tackle? Hit the bench. You are going to be careless with the football? Hit the bench.

The Jets are a team full of talented, well-paid players. Now is the time to make them earn their paychecks on and off the field. Are you up to the task Coach Ryan?"

Well said...and spot on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I love the post, and I don' t like to nitpick (well -- we both know that's not true), but it's MUCH funnier if you simply say "This is an article all Jests fans should have read to them . . . " and never imply at all that a Green New Jersey fan would ever be capable of anything as complex as reading.

Trust me on this.