Is Legarrette Blount still of interest to the Pat's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Is Legarrette Blount still of interest to the Pat's?

I thought he had a very good season--a big body that made defenses think run when he was on the field. He is probably not looking for big money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Is Legarrette Blount still of interest to the Pat's?

I think it's going to be a "wait and see" kind of thing with him.  Maybe after the draft/rookie free agency period in May they'll decide. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

THey are probably waiting for his bubble of millions of dollars bursts, then sign for very friendly team contract.

RBs that are not named Adrian Peterson not getting big money deals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots' system is almost always to wait. The first couple of days, all of the really bad deals will be made for hot players.  Then all of the prices of the remaining players come down.  Some of the remaining players become bargains. 

They let Aqib Talib go to Denver, which sounds bad, but then Revis was cut loose.  That's when the Pats didn't wait.

Boy can Blount run when he's healthy, but he's aged.  He may boomerang back here at a reasonable price.  Since Baltimore has picked another receiver, Edelman may boomerang also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ridley is better, time for Ridley to be the RB he's capable of being. Hold on to it and the job is yours, Stev.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I do think having Blount on the team is certainly worth it. He found a way to get to another level and it would be a shame if he did not do it here. You dont break the bank but I hope he stays.

Add a really good C and not have to start a good backup as your main guy. Perhaps upgrade starting RG as well. And upgrade #2 TE with a good all around TE (not a Hern type) with maybe a slight emphasis on blocking and let's have an aggressive offense that can run decently against the best front sevens and still have a top 3 passing team.

Yes, there is legitimate interest in Blount here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

He can run when he has blocking so can Ridley and Vereen. None of them is the problem except for holding onto the ball better.

No blocks no yards though I think Vereen has the speed to turn the corner almost on his own.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He can run when he has blocking so can Ridley and Vereen. None of them is the problem except for holding onto the ball better.

No blocks no yards though I think Vereen has the speed to turn the corner almost on his own.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Ridley doesn't need great blocking, Vareen is a scatback, not a real RB.