Is Lloyd Really Capable Of Being A Deep Threat? Fantasy vs. Reality

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Is Lloyd Really Capable Of Being A Deep Threat? Fantasy vs. Reality

Brandon Lloyd impresses during Patriots workout

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Is Lloyd Really Capable Of Being A Deep Threat? Fantasy vs. Reality:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Is Lloyd Really Capable Of Being A Deep Threat? Fantasy vs. Reality": This system doesnt fit him to a T. This system throws to the open man, relies on the 2 TE set, and throws more pooch screens than most any other team. Apparently they also want to establish more of a running game. This leads to Lloyds targets down, and when Lloyd hasn't been targeted enough, he has been a distraction. Don't look at coach McD, look at the other WR's in Lloyd's big years and his targets. I am concerned if Lloyd isn't targeted enough he turns into the Raider Randy Moss
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, Lloyd is a better WR than Welker talent wise. Welker's catches will diminish, Lloyd will get his share of catches. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

He is capable of the deep threat and so is Stallworth on the other side. When these two line up split wide defenses will have no choice but give the corners safty help. This opens the door for WW/Gronk/Hernandez/Gaffney/Branch.

As long as TB stays true to the open reciever and doesn't force it too much downfield, and.............Josh balances the run this team is going undefeated!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Is Lloyd Really Capable Of Being A Deep Threat? Fantasy vs. Reality:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Lloyd Really Capable Of Being A Deep Threat? Fantasy vs. Reality : Don't worry, Lloyd is a better WR than Welker talent wise. Welker's catches will diminish, Lloyd will get his share of catches.   
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

does this make Welker expendable?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I noticed this went from deep threat to concerns about character.  lloyd plays 'outside' the numbers and that's why he was brought in.  As far as a 'deep' threat, that'snot really a concern aslong as defenses cannot stack the middle of the field eg. Jets, Giants...

Now there have been posts saying he was mad about not getting the ball and burning bridges... well he singed for well under what the market dictated.  I think he came here to play a role on a winning team with a coach he knows that will use him accordingly.  He knows Tom throws to the open guy and with Welker, Gronk, and Hern he knows there's not too many to go around, but also knows he adds an element that the Pats have been lacking.

Only time will tell but considering his contract and desire to just win, I am sure he's going to be just fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]He is capable of the deep threat and so is Stallworth on the other side. When these two line up split wide defenses will have no choice but give the corners safty help. This opens the door for WW/Gronk/Hernandez/Gaffney/Branch. As long as TB stays true to the open reciever and doesn't force it too much downfield, and.............Josh balances the run this team is going undefeated!
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

there are times that i think he forces the ball, nothing that can be proven. Seems like he sometimes has gotten away from looking off his intended target...and forgets to use pump fake once in a while to get defenders to commit a certain direction/receiver

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't know if I'd call him a deep threat, because he doesn't have that type of speed and is more a long strider. I do think he has good size and production as of late - he should help out along the edges of the field do to his experience and length. I really don't care if he is a deep threat, just as long as he can create separation in his routes. Last year Brady had to fit the ball into some very tight coverages due to his receivers getting little separation - hopefully Lloy will help that.

I do worry that if things don't go right for Lloyd he will sulk and go into a funk, but I'm willing to bet he will be involved enough to not see that happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

lloyd catches everything, he makes some very difficult catches that the Patriots receivers have not been able to make much of the past 5 years. . He will have the best hands on the team next season. Excellent concentration, can catch the ball in traffic, has made numerous catches like the manningham catch in the super bowl.

9. This post has been removed.