Is MacDaniels to blame for our Offensive Ineptness?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Is MacDaniels to blame for our Offensive Ineptness?

He's one for three in 3 games since returning, including the Superbowl. I remember last February thinking that he had a lousy game-plan for the Giants. I felt the sale way last Sunday with Arizona. What do you think?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Is MacDaniels to blame for our Offensive Ineptness?

We all have short memories.  A lot of us never liked McD.  Frankly, it's pretty darned hard for an OC/DC to please fans anyways.  We'll always come up with something to moan about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

neither are top tier oc's. i'll take mcdaniels over obrian however.

yeah i felt bb and mcd lost that game on game management decisons and offense.

one of the many mistakes: why did mcd call short plays going down the filed for most of the remaining minutes when we needed 2 tds and a stop (resulting in running out of time to complete the comeback)?

there is no reason a top of teh league franchise shouldnt have one of the best oc's in the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

The answer to your question is- YES.

Not a fan of McD right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

The answer to your question is- YES.

Not a fan of McD right now.

DISCONBOBULATION!  That's the only word that comes to mind that I can post.

No ryme, reason, or rythm.  No adjustments until too late.  Whether play calling or execution or both, no sinc whatsoever. 

Did not put the Pats in the position to win, as if it were execution, he should have established a rythm and then gone to a run happy Offense  to control the clock.  Instead it was run, pass, run  in the first 3 quarters and no points.  ugh 

No adjustment after he saw Brady getting killed.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

where was the unpredictability?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

patsfans76,

Not sure about all that.  We caught the league by surprise at the beginning of the 07 season, and what I can remember is that the Patriots started showing some signs of problems mid season? Although we beath the giants during the regular seaon, I was worried after that particular game. When we played them again in the SB, I thought the Giants matched up well against the patriots....

They did the two things to keep them in the game, harrass brady and cover.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PetesCall's comment:

He's one for three in 3 games since returning, including the Superbowl. I remember last February thinking that he had a lousy game-plan for the Giants. I felt the sale way last Sunday with Arizona. What do you think?

He doesn't block, throw, catch or kick does he?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Where are all the Billy O'Brien haters now?? LOL!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

You don't think that Josh McDaniels' offense is predictable? Read this: http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20120919-patriots-journal-cards-coordinator-says-pats-tipped-their-plays.ece  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

McDaniels is way overrated.  This is same guy who drafted Tebow in first round and obviously did Bradford no favors.  He was not a genius in 2007 by any stretch of the imagination.  What happened was you had a hall of fame receiver and hall of fame qb hooking up--along w/a slot receiver that was unknown and unstoppable.  He showed his genius in the super bowl that year by not adjusting at half time. And now he is taking Welker out of the scheme to force balls to Lloyd and Edelman.  I mean--seriously, Edelman?  I don't hate the guy or anything--but there is no way he should be playing in front of Welker unless he grew to 6'4", cut his 40 time down to 4.3 and changed his last name to Moss.  The ridiculous idea that he is a "better blocker" than Welker gets him more snaps???????????  Since when did we pay our wr's to block?  I know it is a part of the game--but no one has ever questioned Welker's toughness and blocking---but what we pay him to do is get open and catch the ball---and Welker still does that better than ANYONE on the team.  In camp the reports were that Welker was uncoverable----suddenly he is a slouch?  I dont buy it.  Maybe we should sign some more worthless fb's and/or castoffs from that high powered offense in St. Louis that McDumbells had.  Our defense is younger--stick to the no-huddle offense and let Brady make the decisions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

You don't think that Josh McDaniels' offense is predictable? Read this: http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20120919-patriots-journal-cards-coordinator-says-pats-tipped-their-plays.ece  

That claim was debunked pretty badly by Mike Reiss.  The Patriots ran out of the shotgun and passed from under center a lot for the first 3 quarters.  Only when they went full shotgun/no-huddle in the 4th were they obviously passing and that was when they scored the most points.  The DC is just blowing smoke.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4730297/looking-closer-at-brady-tipping-plays

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Although several plays were questionable.....how can you not blame most of the offensive problems on the OL?? I don't care how many talented weapons we have, and how good a play you have called, if you are getting dominated in the trenches, you are going to lose. This is not rocket science.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He is to blame after week 2, but if they hang 34 on Baltimore he'll be a genius again, at least until the next loss. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

McDaniels certainly did not pan out as a head coach that is for sure. He started in Denver 6-0 and went 5-17 in his next 22 before getting fired. He also is, as some other people have pointed out, the guy who thought Tim Tebow was worth a first round draft pick.

As a coordinator, he had one amazing year here (2007) and one very surprising year (2008 with Cassell in for Brady). However, last year, the Rams had the worst offense in the NFL (last in points, 31st in yards). 

I think it is too early to make the call on how good he real is. He definitely has weapons with this team, but the season will tell us if he can make the most of them or not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Man ...alot of negativity for McD........I like him as an offensive coordinator.......I see alot more dynamics this year with him than we had with O'brien. I think there has been alot of carryover of negativity with that one loss. The team just didn't execute alot of plays....no sense of urgency...alot of drops.....bad penalties.  I think they know they can't play like that with the Ravens so I expect a better performance this week. Will it be enough? I guess we'll see. I hope they go with alot of screens. Last year Ray Lewis was winded by the end of the game it seemed...one year older and slower now.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from montanatim. Show montanatim's posts

In response to PetesCall's comment:

He's the same jackwagon who drafted Tebow, also if BB was not our coach there is not one fan who would like his arrogant, annoying ways, boston fans would hate him, sure its only been two games but they are about to be 1-2. Watching the fall of Rome--Brady aka Happy feet looks scared because you could combine Thomas, Vollmer, Cannon, and Solder and still have a crappy offensive lineman.  Also, great job on trading a draft pick for super scrub Salas. When is the last time you heard players saying they had a crappy week of practice, what the h is going on?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Poor blocking and dropped passes, they fix that problem and the guy will be an offensive genius again.  The entire team agreed that the week's practice leading up to the game was bad, did you really think they were going to win EVERY game?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

It's the 2nd gm of the yr. The off will be a work in progress. As for Josh the only problem I ever had w/ him was the gm plan for the SB and that falls on the head coach BB. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

RUN THE DAMN BALL!!

(hee hee)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:

I was actually thinking about this last night when I was watching "turning point.

Hear me out. I like Joshy. He is a smart guy but maybe too smart for his own good. We all know he orchestrated the 2007 record breaking season, but was that success because of HIM or maybe a dynamic player like Moss n' Brady coming together to produce the magic???

When Randy Moss slowed down is when this offense started to suffer and only when we traded him and changed our philosophy to the TE offense did we get back on track. O'Brien is starting to look like a better coordinator than Josh. I didnt like the fact he didnt utilitze the RB's out the backfield but he kept the offense moving. 

Ok lets go back to 07' . By seasons end, teams had caught on and by time we got to the SB, we couldnt even score anymore. A measly 14 points!!!! 

Josh goes to Denver and has some success w/Orton n' Marshall. After a while, it goes stale and he goes from Darling to D*psh*it in matter of one year as he loses his job next season after the offense stalls yet again.

He goes to St.Louis where they have a 2nd year player in Bradford who lit it up his rookie season and showed a lot of promise. Under Joshy he regressed and had a horrible 2nd year and they didnt win many games and Joshy was allowed to just come aboard our team without any resistance to help in the playoffs where we struggled in the SB.

As I watched turning point last night, I saw that Bradford was back to normal and looked great his 1st 2 games so to me if you do the math, Joshy is Bad News for any offense. I think there is something about him that makes him predictable and his style has been figured out so to speak. Can we still win? sure, cuz we have # 12, but I never liked the move and now I have more reason not to. Hope we can win in spite of him anyway.

Thats my theory. Joshy is a bright guy  but his track record the last few years has shown HE is the problem with the offense not the solution.

well outlined.

Sections
Shortcuts