Is Maroney Running Better

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Is Maroney Running Better

because Vollmer is playing Left tackle?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Is Maroney Running Better

It may or may not have anything particularly to do with Vollmer, but it seemed to me in the Miami game that Maroney was taking a straighter line to the hole, hesitating less (although still hesitant at times) and showing better burst than I've seen in the recent past. There are people on this board who will tell you that Maroney at 100 % late in the season will be a key weapon in any playoff run the Pats might hope to make. With key games against stiff competition (and Green New Jersey) on the near horizon, now is as good a time as any to hope that's true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I believe its a combination of the line doing a better job opening holes, maroney running straight and possibly the vote of confidence from BB during the bye week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Either way this guy has showed us that if you give him a whole he will get a first down or at least get damn close.  I say we run all day on the Colts, take advantage of Sanders being out and take our buddy Peyton right out of the game.  Establish the run game and it will be that much easier to burn these young DBs when we need a score.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

From watching him the whole season I truly can't say I see much of a difference between 8 weeks ago and the past 3 weeks. He still looks like he hestitates, but it seems the O-line as a whole is getting much better at run blocking. Defenders aren't constantly in the backfield before he gets to the line of scrimmage. Yes I've seen him fighting for that extra yardage, but I don't see a whole lot of burst at the line still. He might just be picking his holes better. I don't know, all I know is his ypc are up which is good.

Sections
Shortcuts