Is Matt Light Done at LT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Is Matt Light Done at LT

Will SeaBass take the job away from Light? He's younger, stronger, faster, and much bigger, has good instincts, can get up the field on screens and throw wicked blocks etc. Seems like a spectacular catch (pun intended) Matt Light is no slouch, but the best guys are getting past him more often, hitting Brady on the blind side causing fumbles. Maybe they move Light to the other side? Whats Light's contract status?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Re: Is Matt Light Done at LT

If SeaBass can scale up and tail whip(puns intended) Freeney next week, he will have hooked onto the LT position for a long time....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Matt is still better, but he better get his butt back in there. If Vollmer has the hot hand going into the playoffs, we know coach could very well leave him in the starting line-up. As a fan, I'd hate to see a healthy Matt Light on the sidelines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Is Matt Light Done at LT:
    Matt is still better, but he better get his butt back in there. If Vollmer has the hot hand going into the playoffs, we know coach could very well leave him in the starting line-up. As a fan, I'd hate to see a healthy Matt Light on the sidelines.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan

Why would Light be on the sideline? He can play right tackle and kick Kazcur inside. The most likely result in my opinion is that they do not offer Mankins big money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

It all depends on how Vollmer plays until ML gets back.

He did well against a tough Miami D but how will he handle the speed and quickness of Freeney?

Only time will tell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

In Response to Re: Is Matt Light Done at LT : Why would Light be on the sideline? He can play right tackle and kick Kazcur inside. The most likely result in my opinion is that they do not offer Mankins big money.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Agree about Light at RT... I just hope we pay "enough" to keep Mankins.  I believe he and SeaBass have a lot to do with Maroney's success as of late and Brady's health on the blindside.

Oh yeah... 0 tackles for Porter lined up against Bassy for most of the game says a lot

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jason4444444. Show Jason4444444's posts

I think that Seabass is the LT of the future. He also started out as a TE and the pats worked him at both tackle positions so he is versitle and a monster. When Light comes back this will be a great problem to have. Plus having an athletic lineman in Seabass lined up at TE would greatly help the running game. (They did this a couple times earlier in the season but actually still put light on the outside with Seasbass inside him with a 6 man line.) Maybe we get the worst player on the line out of there in Stephen Neal. My only thought is having ManChild and Seabass as the left side of the line for years to come would be a reasuring. Light on the right side gives Brady a chance to see the speed rushers that blow by him. Sign Mankins and we have a great O line for a while. (I also hope Koppen is alright becuase Dan Connolly is no Koppen) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

In Response to Re: Is Matt Light Done at LT : Agree about Light at RT... I just hope we pay "enough" to keep Mankins.  I believe he and SeaBass have a lot to do with Maroney's success as of late and Brady's health on the blindside. Oh yeah... 0 tackles for Porter lined up against Bassy for most of the game says a lot
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard

You've made some good points! I agree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Since I started this thread it's a question being asked more and more, especially with Light ready to return. Today we'll see if he gets back in. SeaBass kept Freeney without a sack and no other LT has managed that this year. He had a sack in EVERY other game. SO, I ask again, Is Matt Light done at left tackle???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

No, hang, Light's not done at left tackle.

My guess is that Belichick will move the kid around a little to see where his strength lies. Give Bass props for going toe-to-toe with Freeney, but he's raw, and elite pass rushers break down film, too. We're all getting a little carried away with Vollmer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Yeah, I'd say the job is Seabass' now. Belichick wasn't afraid to kick Bledsoe to the curb for Brady so he certainly won't balk at this move. Light doen't strike me as the type of guy that will have a problem with the position change either.

Sections
Shortcuts