is mike reiss maurkice pouncey's agent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: is mike reiss maurkice pouncey's agent?

why we need another center, he is rated pretty high though

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

artie and Kansas, as a Pouncey supporter myself.  He is a rare center with size and str.  He can play both guard spots.  He is similar to Mangold on the jets.  He can hold the point of attack against NTs and with all the new 3-4 Ds that is important and Koppen cannot do that at all.  He is second to Graham OLB as my 1st rd choice and by far the most likely not to be a bust that we can grab, that is if he lasts to us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: is mike reiss maurkice pouncey's agent?:
    [QUOTE]why we need another center, he is rated pretty high though
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Because Koppen has trouble opening holes in the running game so if the top C is still available in the 2nd why not? He could play either C or G so you have insurance for either Neal or Koppen and can see which position he could take over in the future.

Frankly I couldn't care if we take Pouncey or Veldheer or Vladmire but I would like to grab atleast one of them with a 2nd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

PatsEng, I would be shocked if he made it out of the 1st, infact not sure he is going to last to 22, he is that good IMHO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

He might also be an insurance policy if we cannot resign Mankins for the next few seasons. Extremely talented, but will be an un-sexy pick. Something like what Browns did in 09 with Alex Mack, who proved his worth by helping Harrison run three consecutive 100 yard games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

The center is a high priority position is this draft and if the Pats have the chance to grab Pouncey they should. It would go along way in the run game and pass protection/screen game. I'll ask this, why were the jets good last season? QB?~no WRs?~no, TE?~no.....it was there oline doing everything well making Sanchez and Thomas better players>>>>also a tenacious defense didn't hurt. So upgrade the oline with 22nd and all defense in the second round and fill more holes on day three wr,te,ot, punter. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

I'm with Reiss on drafting Pouncey as well..... Sure we need D but if Tom puts up 27+ points per game we can still win many many more then we lose

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I don't read Reiss anymore.  After the last time, I found myself sitting on fences with a view slanted in management's favor.  I had to spend 6 weeks in sex rehab to get over it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think this would be a great first round pick.  A solid center.  The offensive line needs fresh blood.  Don't forget about watching Manning in the Superbowl.  He was on his backside a lot.  If the Patriots don't take this guy, the colts will.  He is a safe pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

my point wasnt really if pouncey is a good player or not. i havent studied game film on him like you guys all seem to have, but he sounds like a good prospect and probably will be a good pro. my point was just that its annoying that reiss is so publicly calling for him to be drafted and that he mentions the guy in every column. and his views are generally so conservative and bland that its sort of weird to see him so adamant about this player. i was just wondering what his motives are on that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

well that's a very smart pick, although I think there's a bigger need to go D with 22 and Pouncey won't be a sexy pick I wouldn't be opposed to it.  He gives you flexibility to what they can do with the OL.  It's all about protecting the franchise.  Reiss might be a bit to excited about one prospect but he picked a very good one.  Problem is I don't think he makes it to the Pats, because he can play OG and C teams like the Steelers, 49rs, Giants probably take him.  If he makes it pass the Steelers we have a chance at him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

As always too tough to tell what is going to happen but as far as the type of player he is he would be a solid pick that would solidify this line for years to come.  Not sure he is even there at 22 and that is the only way we get him as I don't see us moving up to get him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

If BB beleives he can get a decent DL and DE/OLB in the 2nd round then I am fine with him going for Pouncey (whether moving up or stay at 22). Pouncey would be the 3rd BC Center the pats take in the draft after Woody and Koppen. Both have done well in Scanechia's system.

But you never know what BB will do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

In Response to is mike reiss maurkice pouncey's agent?:
    [QUOTE]its getting annoying how he is lobbying for the pats to draft him in every column. i think he is angling for the "i told you so" prediction, seeing as how center seems to be one of the lower needs on this team but BB never does what anyone expects in the draft. anyway i generally like the guy as a reporter but his man love for pouncey is just getting repetitive and predictable. 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Reiss has said that he sees Pouncey a safe pick given the Pats' slot at # 22.  It's his opinion only, and I doubt he is looking to set himself to look smart or to say told ya so.  Reiss isn't prone to hyperbole or an overinflated ego like some current Globe scribes that will remain nameless. 

Do I want the Pats to draft Pouncey?  They could use an OL, but I hope they don't.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is mike reiss maurkice pouncey's agent? : If BB beleives he can get a decent DL and DE/OLB in the 2nd round then I am fine with him going for Pouncey (whether moving up or stay at 22). Pouncey would be the 3rd BC Center the pats take in the draft after Woody and Koppen. Both have done well in Scanechia's system. But you never know what BB will do.
    Posted by Patriots1970[/QUOTE]

Pouncey along with his twin brother play at Florida.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think the Pats would be smart to draft one more interior lineman. Pouncey could as easily be a guard as he could be a center.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sapper1. Show sapper1's posts

I think it would be a good pick,but don't think he'll be there...already taken. Maurkice can play center, along with both guards positions. Graded out every week high. Would be an excellent pick though... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I would be very happy with Pouncey as I watched him play at the U of F for his career and he got better and better each of his years at Florida. I like Koppen and he has value as a trade piece,he isn't the best run blocker but is very adept at pass protection for a center.However who cares who they select so long as that person is NFL ready for the upcoming season.Especially with the #22 pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

If Pouncey goes early, that increases our chance of landing a big name on defense.  Could this be another Wilfork year??