Is Moss Gone by 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Is Moss Gone by 2011

Just cannot see him here past 2010. Two catches yesterday...

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

Re: Is Moss Gone by 2011

I think he will be gone but not because of his production. Both his catches were for TD's yesterday and in the NFL scoring is all that matters. I think Moss will leave because he will feel disrespected by not getting an extension done before the season is over thus signing in the offseason with the Indianapolis Colts. If that happens, Brady's TD record goes bye bye. Just a thought.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

It's pretty safe to say from Moss' comments that he wants to be paid what he was paid in his last contract. I can't see the Pats doing that so I think he leaves. Somebody will pay him but probably not us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think he will stay. 

New England is an excellent place in which to raise your family.  Indy is an OK city, but generally speaking, Indiana is dreadful.  Quality of life has to mean something to him at this point. 

He already has a lot of dough. 

He likes Brady. 

His teammates speak highly of him. 

He is on track to threaten Rice's records since he joined the Pats. 

He is building a HOF legacy in N.E.  That was not the case in Oakland, where he became radio-active.  Just 'cause Manning is a fantastic regular season QB does not ensure that Moss and Manning would make magic. Moss must know this, having experienced a couple of bad QB realtionships.

I didn't like his first-week rant, but it seems to have blown over. 

Make no mistake, two catches or ten, Moss opens the field for other plays.  As long as Brady doesn't reach to throw to Moss, good things can happen for that O, and Moss is an intregal part of why that is.  Lest we forget, he has led the league in TDs in each season he has played with Brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Is Moss Gone by 2011:
    [QUOTE]Just cannot see him here past 2010. Two catches yesterday... Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Yeah...two catches for two TDs. Moss is not the problem with this team. He has been sensational ever since the Pats stole him from the Raiders. That's not to say that he is without weaknesses, but he's still one of the best deep threats in the game.

In my view, the Pats should resign him. He's still got some good football in him...and he's earned it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It seems if they wanted him to stay, they would have offered him a contract.  That is the main point he's making as far as I can tell.  Since they didn't, he feels unwanted.  I would guess he is unwanted.  It's one of the things I don't quite understand.  Seems like they would at least say "hey, we won't be needing you after this date"  and not just say NOTHING.  Thats the Patriots for you, though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Is Moss Gone by 2011:
    [QUOTE]It seems if they wanted him to stay, they would have offered him a contract.  That is the main point he's making as far as I can tell.  Since they didn't, he feels unwanted.  I would guess he is unwanted.  It's one of the things I don't quite understand.  Seems like they would at least say "hey, we won't be needing you after this date"  and not just say NOTHING.  Thats the Patriots for you, though.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is a mystery. 

Remembering that rant he made in the late winter about Kraft not paying, do you think that is the reason for the silence?  Has Kraft been so successful for so long in the NFL that he can afford to let emotional statements stand in the way of the success Moss should help bring?  Is he wrong if he does, since it really is his team and he paid for the stadium?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

who knows they be working on something to present to him. weren't we all surprised when the news broke about TB's contract

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Is Moss Gone by 2011:
    [QUOTE]Just cannot see him here past 2010. Two catches yesterday... Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

That's a good thing. That means that other receivers are getting open because Welker and Moss are drawing coverage. Welker only had 6 catches, cut him because Aaron is clearly the better option. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Possibly, I think they offer him a contract but it won't be the highest in the NFL and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave to get more money.  I think he opens up the defense and without him or another premier deepthreat the offense isn't nearly as good. 

Sections
Shortcuts