Is NFL losing integrity of the game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Is NFL losing integrity of the game?

Pats only call in NFL history in Jets game, now the call reversal last night, 49s lose on Brees sack and fumble overturned....How much more ref gifting of games before the league starts to lose credibility?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Is NFL losing integrity of the game?

The McCourty PI last night where he was being held my Olsen...

It really is getting unwatchable. Every game there is a monumental game changing call.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Hey..Leon just learned copy and paste function...that means your up to 4th grade level now? Bet your gonna put the gold star on mommies refrigerator...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Your words Leon - Consider the source and move on!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The McCourty PI last night where he was being held my Olsen...

It really is getting unwatchable. Every game there is a monumental game changing call.

[/QUOTE]

It is. I'm happy as a pig in you know what that people are starting to wake up a bit and see it. Somewhat of validation for myself who have been beating this drum for a long long time with zero agreement. I think I started a thread calling for an investigation after the Jets game, and got zero responses. This time, over 50 so far. People need to keep waking up, keep watching for funky stuff. Its not about the battle, but about the war. Need to start cross flowing with other teams who have gotten jam jobs the past few years and put pressure on the powers that be to do something about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Speaking of integrity or lack thereof, whatever happened to that guy that posted here about 200 times a day, told everyone else they had no job, no education and had a low IQ, would contradict himslef on every other post, would lie and then lie about the lie and question where fans of other teams were on a given day after demanding they leave.  I don't recall any of his oxidized metalalic names.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good morning Gang! I personally didn't see the controversial call at the end of the game. I was dreaming about the Jets vs Giants SB this year at Met Life stadium.

I did see the 1st half though and said out loud that the refs were trying to give the pats the game w some very questionable calls. I'm glad to hear that a call at the end of the game went against the pats for once.

With the Tuck Rule ,the other rule that escapes me that went FOR the pats it's about time the pats took one in the teeth.

Please STOP w the everybody hates the pats just once and try to losing with some dignity.The incessant whining every single time the pats lose MUST be stopped. Cowboy Up as you people like to say and take the loss like men.

So is everybody planning on having a productive day or will you all sit in here to complain the day away?

[/QUOTE]

That's how it works idiot. The refs give the Pats some calls earlier in the game so that they can screw them when the game is really on the line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Speaking of integrity or lack thereof, whatever happened to that guy that posted here about 200 times a day, told everyone else they had no job, no education and had a low IQ, would contradict himslef on every other post, would lie and then lie about the lie and question where fans of other teams were on a given day after demanding they leave.  I don't recall any of his oxidized metalalic names.

[/QUOTE]

He's here. Harvey Wallbanger. He's been banned 30 times or so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

The PROBLEM with the NFL is that Goodell is turning it from a democratically run organization into more of a dicatorship.  Furthermore, he is aligning with large metropolitan areas (New York & Los Angeles) to make sure to cater to these markets preferences. For example, most New Yorkers hate Bostons sports, so what does Goodell do??? He make sure to SCREW the Pats in primetime in an effort to appease the large market that is New York. HE also SCREWS them against a NEW YORK team (Jets game) earlier this season. Get the point? Got it? Good.

Integrity was lost as soon as Goodell and his NY cronies took over power in the NFL. After next Sunday, I'm done watching NFL football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

The integrity really only comes into question when they are NOT consistent with the interpretation of the rules.

If you blow the call just say hey we messed it up. We're human, oops.

Don't say it was the right call and then allow all of us to easily find a game with a near identical situation and penalty flag that was NOT picked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOu1dhzyYKw

That allows everyone to go hey NFL which is it, which game did the officials get it right in because according to you both sets of officials had it correct.

That is when and why they get integrity of the game questions asked.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The PROBLEM with the NFL is that Goodell is turning it from a democratically run organization into more of a dicatorship.  Furthermore, he is aligning with large metropolitan areas (New York & Los Angeles) to make sure to cater to these markets preferences. For example, most New Yorkers hate Bostons sports, so what does Goodell do??? He make sure to SCREW the Pats in primetime in an effort to appease the large market that is New York. HE also SCREWS them against a NEW YORK team (Jets game) earlier this season. Get the point? Got it? Good.

Integrity was lost as soon as Goodell and his NY cronies took over power in the NFL. After next Sunday, I'm done watching NFL football.

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty close too. I'll say it again, New York didn't even vote yea on the Declaration of freaking Independence. They were dunces then, they are dunces now. In the NFL case however, it's everywhere. List the teams that have been victimized in recent times. Its a fairly extensive list. It has playoff implications and probably a heck of a lot more than that. You are watching the biggest fraud in sports history every single week. It makes Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe saints in comparison. You cannot possibly let a huge billion dollar industry play out on a whim with no control. They have their profit margins and that's why the "competition" committee comes up with new rules to manipulate the league from year to year. Much like the kick block pushing rules they got a win out of. They don't sit back and basically let it ride. No, it's to big for that. To many unknowns operating in that fashion. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So because of a bad call, you are going to punish yourself by giving up football? Little dramatic don't ya think?

Yes the call sucked....but I highly doubt you'll stop watching the NFL over it....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Too many games are ending on controversial calls, is ruins the brand. last night was the prime example. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Imperfection is the nature of life. All people are imperfect. The NFL and its refs are imperfect. So, my expectation of the NFL are not high. 

Why am I a Pats fan? The Pats are a hard working, straightforward team, well coached, well owned with players who sacrifice for the team. I find that admirable. Furthermore, I actually learn from BB and TB how to approach situations outside of football. So, for me it is a profitable relationship. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The integrity really only comes into question when they are NOT consistent with the interpretation of the rules.

If you blow the call just say hey we messed it up. We're human, oops.

Don't say it was the right call and then allow all of us to easily find a game with a near identical situation and penalty flag that was NOT picked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOu1dhzyYKw

That allows everyone to go hey NFL which is it, which game did the officials get it right in because according to you both sets of officials had it correct.

That is when and why they get integrity of the game questions asked.

[/QUOTE]

good post...  The pass interference supercedes the interception because the play was not allowed to unfold correctly due to the interference....  

PLAIN as f'n day NFL...  There's your rule.  Now turn it around180 degrees... lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Reponse to the thread question- YES. 

NFL has to acknowlwdge mistakes, learn to say sorry, and pledge to do better. Instead we get a debacle of a dance to cover up obvious botched call. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The integrity is about gone.  Just as in politics.  Everyone is a crook and on the take.

Where does this Dean Blandino come from that is head of refs?  He wanted to be a ref but couldn't cut so Goodell makes him the head of the refs.  He is just a tool for Goodell.

I don't care much for the NFL anymore.  It's all scripted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Agreed, the league is becoming watered down and now has no integrity. THey are now UNFAIRLY targeting teams that have been conducting themselves with class for years, like the Pats  and 49ers. Really disgusting

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The first thing the NFl should do is admit a mistake instead of falling on the "shield"

Blandino is a jerk

The Refs struck for more money this year - boy are they not worth it.

1) The NfL has had a problem calling PI for years - and they are clueless on how to fix it. They dont even follow their own unwritten rules like " uncatchable."

2) the Nfl is also clueless on roughing the passer - a la "Brooks on Brees" and equally horrible call as he hit him with his arm in the collarbone and Brees slid down to hav his arm over the neck- again the league wont dmit to a lousy call and are looking at fining Brooks - ho stuoid is that

3) the policy on how they secretly tell refs what to call after getting secret memos from different teams is absurd (Like the Push by Jones in the Jets game , where even  the jets complained  and had the  non call on the tying FG)

All these things and more make people feel the games are fixed. the day i believe it, and just not think it sometimes, i will stop watching-

the problem is the NFL is getting to big for its britches and can now bully anybody they want- They want an 18 game schedule while talking about wanting greater saftey, they want thursday games which are unsafe. they want more playoff teams so we can have sub .500 teams in the playoffs. and start to over expose like the other pro leaugues. They flex games and then complain as they are having less fans at the games. They want to have games in England - and am not sure that is so great

I think Kraft is the best owner in sports - but he goes along with some of this - and I dont think most of it is so great

And the players are super human in size and strength - and injuries are becoming more and more part of the game and i dont know how they fix that. But we can see the beginnings or the liberal media that is beginning to say how barbaric football is

We have a Costas who gives us his philosphy on guns (and gets peevish when people didnt appreciate who he quoted) and other things - I dont want to hear it from him or anyone esle.

Lastly , former players are going to keep suing the NFL - when it may be the result of hits long before they even got to the NFL. they are gladiators and will have to assume the risk -but too many cannot manage money and most will be broke a few years out of the league. Then they pay the commissioner $24m a year-

The NFL has Problems which starts with P and rhymes with T which stands for Trouble

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

It has been ever since they manufactured P Mannings Superbowl, then Bettis's then E Mannings first Superbowl. It IS the NFLWWE!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

If the NFL "always wants to get the call right" replay should be available on all plays, especially those in the redzone and end zone that could dramatically affect the outcome of a game. It's easy, but the NFL can't make up its mind what it wants to do and just half azzes everything thing until enough of us gets fed up. Goodell will have the legacy of diminishing a once grat game by only partially trying to "fix" it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Football may be on it's last legs, as I stated when all those concussion lawsuits were being filed. All the rule changes supposedly made to ensure player safety were done to starve off these lawsuits. As a result, the NFL rule book is beginning to resemble the IRS Tax Code. 

The rules are so broad that no one really knows what's a foul and what isn't. Such a system is dangerous in the sense that it gives the refs a much greater opportunity to influence the outcome of games with their calls, with the broad and at times contradicting rules giving them cover to do whatever they like. Such was the case on that final call in Carolina. Clearly, Gronk was interfered with...but then you had the "uncatchable ball" rule, which gave the refs cover to change the call.

Now we're dealing with the Jonathan Martin situation, in which a 300 plus pound offensive lineman is claiming that he was "bullied" by another offensive lineman, creating a "hostile work environment." Just what the sport needs...lawyers, judges, and, eventually, politicians getting involved in legislating how teams should be run, and what constitutes proper conduct in the lockeroom.  

More and more articles are being written as to how football can never be made "safe", and that it's a bloodsport, harkening back to the gladiatorial games of ancient Rome:   http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/11/17/football-game-inherent-conflict/GkAXWtEoJWdjEoqH0dHIAJ/story.html   

Since approximately 75%of NFL players are black, can charges of black exploitation and racism be far behind?: 

Sections
Shortcuts