Is NFL losing integrity of the game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Re: Is NFL losing integrity of the game?

I think there have been more games decided by the refs (not just normal penalties, but controversial ones), on the last play/last drive of the game, than any other season I can remember. 

When the refs and not the players are deciding who wins games that's never good for the integrity of the game.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Too many games are ending on controversial calls, is ruins the brand. last night was the prime example. 

Why were you acting like this after the "tuck rule" game or the Superbowl wins the refs handed you?  You dumb hypocrite!

I see you added the word dumb to your lexicon. How that GED coming along.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:

Integrity was lost as soon as Goodell and his NY cronies took over power in the NFL. After next Sunday, I'm done watching NFL football.

So because of a bad call, you are going to punish yourself by giving up football? Little dramatic don't ya think?

Yes the call sucked....but I highly doubt you'll stop watching the NFL over it....

Hard to believe, yes.  But I have stopped watching the NBA because of the Jordan rules.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

thats just it ...  the NFL doesn't care.   You can tell by the ridiculous explanation put out by blandino and then nothing.    Last word is proven false and they just clam up ...  Over.    Like who cares ...  "we have our position with a narrow pencildick line of inconsitent precedent busting  circular reasoning and we're fine with that..."   GFY NFL on your way down your slippery slope...  The league and Goodell are now a confirmed JOKE. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Football may be on it's last legs, as I stated when all those concussion lawsuits were being filed. All the rule changes supposedly made to ensure player safety were done to starve off these lawsuits. As a result, the NFL rule book is beginning to resemble the IRS Tax Code. 

The rules are so broad that no one really knows what's a foul and what isn't. Such a system is dangerous in the sense that it gives the refs a much greater opportunity to influence the outcome of games with their calls, with the broad and at times contradicting rules giving them cover to do whatever they like. Such was the case on that final call in Carolina. Clearly, Gronk was interfered with...but then you had the "uncatchable ball" rule, which gave the refs cover to change the call.

Now we're dealing with the Jonathan Martin situation, in which a 300 plus pound offensive lineman is claiming that he was "bullied" by another offensive lineman, creating a "hostile work environment." Just what the sport needs...lawyers, judges, and, eventually, politicians getting involved in legislating how teams should be run, and what constitutes proper conduct in the lockeroom.  

More and more articles are being written as to how football can never be made "safe", and that it's a bloodsport, harkening back to the gladiatorial games of ancient Rome:   http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/11/17/football-game-inherent-conflict/GkAXWtEoJWdjEoqH0dHIAJ/story.html   

Since approximately 75%of NFL players are black, can charges of black exploitation and racism be far behind?: 

Tex

This is not a racial issue. You seem to object to players asserting their rights to protection or suing to get that protection. I agree there are far too many frivolous lawsuits in the USA but the issue the players have is legitmate and it has nothing to do with race. It is simply about their health and asserting the rights that all citizens should enjoy. All citizens that work under dangerous conditions need all the protections they should have. If employers fail to provide those protections they have the right to sue. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Yes. In real worlrd times I am done with the Pats when BB and TB retire. For me the NFL has become a video game league. Who needs it? Game decisions are based on home field emotion. Come on, the product lost its zest for the adault market a decade ago. If it weren't TB and BB I couldn't care less about the Pats, Jets, or the entire NFL. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

Yes. In real worlrd times I am done with the Pats when BB and TB retire. For me the NFL has become a video game league. Who needs it? Game decisions are based on home field emotion. Come on, the product lost its zest for the adault market a decade ago. If it weren't TB and BB I couldn't care less about the Pats, Jets, or the entire NFL. 

I some what agree with this. If it's home, they call it, not on the road blah blah. Their drive for "partity" ie making more and more money is slowly a becoming their undoing. These past few seasons have shown it. It will crumble, and probably not very too far in the future. Wish it wasn't true, but maybe something better will be reborn. Usually, that's what happens. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

B-U-S-T-C-H-I-S-E

Nice comment Rusty!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Maybe football will go the way of boxing.  You need a team and a half just to get thru the seaon.  Picture the Pats without the injuries particularly on defense.  Who wins championships  more and more depends on who has less injuries.  And as th money gets bigger the show biz aspects get bigger which may lead to more corruption of the product, plus profs home field bias

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Happy Meal toys??  The NFL has officially jumped the shark.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Pats only call in NFL history in Jets game, now the call reversal last night, 49s lose on Brees sack and fumble overturned....How much more ref gifting of games before the league starts to lose credibility?

And the refs didn't call that leg whip on Cannon and then went on to score.  Disgusting stuff, I agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Football may be on it's last legs, as I stated when all those concussion lawsuits were being filed. All the rule changes supposedly made to ensure player safety were done to starve off these lawsuits. As a result, the NFL rule book is beginning to resemble the IRS Tax Code. 

The rules are so broad that no one really knows what's a foul and what isn't. Such a system is dangerous in the sense that it gives the refs a much greater opportunity to influence the outcome of games with their calls, with the broad and at times contradicting rules giving them cover to do whatever they like. Such was the case on that final call in Carolina. Clearly, Gronk was interfered with...but then you had the "uncatchable ball" rule, which gave the refs cover to change the call.

Now we're dealing with the Jonathan Martin situation, in which a 300 plus pound offensive lineman is claiming that he was "bullied" by another offensive lineman, creating a "hostile work environment." Just what the sport needs...lawyers, judges, and, eventually, politicians getting involved in legislating how teams should be run, and what constitutes proper conduct in the lockeroom.  

More and more articles are being written as to how football can never be made "safe", and that it's a bloodsport, harkening back to the gladiatorial games of ancient Rome:   http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/11/17/football-game-inherent-conflict/GkAXWtEoJWdjEoqH0dHIAJ/story.html   

Since approximately 75%of NFL players are black, can charges of black exploitation and racism be far behind?: 

Tex

This is not a racial issue. You seem to object to players asserting their rights to protection or suing to get that protection. I agree there are far too many frivolous lawsuits in the USA but the issue the players have is legitmate and it has nothing to do with race. It is simply about their health and asserting the rights that all citizens should enjoy. All citizens that work under dangerous conditions need all the protections they should have. If employers fail to provide those protections they have the right to sue. 

there is real truth here NYC.  It doesn't matter that current players may be complaining about not allowing players to play given the new protection rules.  NFL owners can only hope they continue to complain about such things well after they've retired. 

Owners are concerned about those players who reverse their mentality after retirement due to real cognitive and physical limitations.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Tex

[/QUOTE]
    there is real truth here NYC.  It doesn't matter that current players may be complaining about not allowing players to play given the new protection rules.  NFL owners can only hope they continue to complain about such things well after they've retired. 

Owners are concerned about those players who reverse their mentality after retirement due to real cognitive and physical limitations.

UD

Most industries have safety codes and practices that employers and employees must follow to ensure safety. The NFL and the Players Uniion were really late in establishing or even ackknowledging dangers to working in the NFL. In fact, we don't even use the word "worker" or "employee" and this is part of the problem. We call them "players and that word carries with it a carefree meaning. Now, we know that the NFL is not very carefree, rather it is quite dangerous. 

Thus, any workers code in the NFL should clearly state the dangers and mandate necessary protections as it is now doing with concussions. Furthermore, most industries where people have dangerous jobs offer lifetime protections, health care and testing after people leave the profession. Police officers and military are well known examples of this. The NFL is fortunately starting to implement this slowly and I hope the Players Union does it's part in advocating and encouraging players to seek treatment and education after their careers. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Tex

This is not a racial issue.

RESPONSE: I know that and you know that. But, will that stop the media from making it into a racial issue?

You seem to object to players asserting their rights to protection or suing to get that protection. I agree there are far too many frivolous lawsuits in the USA but the issue the players have is legitmate and it has nothing to do with race. It is simply about their health and asserting the rights that all citizens should enjoy.

RESPONSE: Oh pleeeassse spare me! Do you really think for a minute that these guys don't realize that they are playing a dangerous game, that is likely to take a toll on their health? Worse yet is this bullying nonsense.

All citizens that work under dangerous conditions need all the protections they should have. If employers fail to provide those protections they have the right to sue. 

RESPONSE: You're right. The game is too dangerous. Nothing can be done to make the game completely safe for players. So...we must abolish it. Right, NY??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

I tend to agree. But, it's not just that. The league can come up with all the "safety rules" they want...and there still will be injuries. The only way to starve off the injuries is to remove contact from the game. But, if and when that happens, the "sport" is no longer football.

You're right. Then, football will become nothing more than a video game.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Pats only call in NFL history in Jets game, now the call reversal last night, 49s lose on Brees sack and fumble overturned....How much more ref gifting of games before the league starts to lose credibility?

And the refs didn't call that leg whip on Cannon and then went on to score.  Disgusting stuff, I agree.

Hey Dog(gggggg)...or, judging by that goofy Gomez Adams looking photo of yours, should I just refer to you as Gomez...how's that Trent Richardson trade working for ya? 

LOL!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:

Tex

This is not a racial issue.

RESPONSE: I know that and you know that. But, will that stop the media from making it into a racial issue?

You seem to object to players asserting their rights to protection or suing to get that protection. I agree there are far too many frivolous lawsuits in the USA but the issue the players have is legitmate and it has nothing to do with race. It is simply about their health and asserting the rights that all citizens should enjoy.

RESPONSE: Oh pleeeassse spare me! Do you really think for a minute that these guys don't realize that they are playing a dangerous game, that is likely to take a toll on their health? Worse yet is this bullying nonsense.

All citizens that work under dangerous conditions need all the protections they should have. If employers fail to provide those protections they have the right to sue. 

RESPONSE: You're right. The game is too dangerous. Nothing can be done to make the game completely safe for players. So...we must abolish it. Right, NY??

Integrity won't be returned to the NFL until Brady and BB retire and the Brady Rules are retired and we can return football back to a man's sport and not have all these rules that were put in to protect Tom Brady.  Once Brady and BB ride into the sunset, and all you bandwagon fans go back in the hole you came out of in 2001, integrity to NFL football will be returned.

Mental Health and Delusional Disorder - WebMD

http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/delusional-disorder?page=3

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts