Is our forum going away? Or does this mean it will get better?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Is our forum going away? Or does this mean it will get better?

In response to toytrumpet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, Dottie, what will happen to the boards, any idea?  Just heard on WBZ TV news that the New York Times is selling the Boston Globe and Boston.com, as well as the Worcester Times.

[/QUOTE]

Seen this in the ask BDC forum. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Is our forum going away? Or does this mean it will get better?

@TFB I'll answer your question with absolutely no inside information. :) 

The answer would be any change in ownership like this does bring uncertainty. With that in mind, however, whoever runs the forum would not have an answer - or to put it another way you can't really know the true answer until it plays out. If I were running these online assets I would keep the forums but find ways of making more advertising and promos, such as local ticket availability, etc. 

I guess we'll find out...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

So, Dottie, what will happen to the boards, any idea?  Just heard on WBZ TV news that the New York Times is selling the Boston Globe and Boston.com, as well as the Worcester Times.

Seen this in the ask BDC forum. 

they should have asked her if she'll still have a job. anyway- if this forum does shut down let's make sure we hook up on NFL .com for our fantasy league

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTS - I guess we just carry on until one day we might not be able to get on, then we will have our answer.

NEGAME2 - good thinking!  We need a plan just in case.  Wonder how people feel about giving me their email info?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Print media is withering. I doubt the Globe would do anything other than expand it's online content, not reduce it, no matter who owns it.

Sections
Shortcuts