Is Peyton Manning Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Is Peyton Manning Done?

As the Peyton neck injury drama lingers, more detailed information is coming out regarding the nature of his injury. For football fans and, especially Colts' fans, the news is not good. The following excerpts are from an article in the IndyStar entitled, "Nothing is Certain When Dealing With Nerve Injuries": 

"Peyton Manning's pain not go away any time soon. A doctor familiar with neck surgeries said there isn't a clear-cut timetable for recovery from such procedures and it's not a given the damaged nerve will ever heal.

That the Indianapolis Colts four-time NFLMVP quarterback is experiencing weakness in his throwing arm so far removed from a May 23 surgery suggests the nerve hasn't healed, said Dr. Neel Anand, director of Orthopedic Spine Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

"The nerve was injured in some fashion, he has some weakness and now you're waiting for that nerve to recover," Anand said Tuesday. "Depending on the extent of the injury, it could take six weeks, it could take two years. And there's no guarantee it will come back... 

Manning, 35, had what was described as a "minimally invasive" surgery in Chicago to remove part of a bulging disk. He had a similar surgery in March 2010 to alleviate pain from a different pinched nerve.

But his latest recovery hasn't been as smooth as the first.

"If all things went well with the (recent) surgery, he should be very much healed," Anand said. "So if he hasn't, I'd think that particular condition has gotten worse or he has a new condition, he's got a new disk (problem) elsewhere. That would make the most sense.

"But we really don't know how bad (the damaged nerve) was to begin with."

It's also more common for an athlete with one neck problem to develop another.

"I always tell patients it's like having four tires on the car," the doctor said. "If your one tire went bad, you know the other three aren't that good. They all are around the same number of miles and took the same hits. http://www.indystar.com/article/20110907/SPORTS03/109070334/Unnerving-development

The bottom line appears to be that Peyton's neck problems are dissimilar to a sprained ankle, or a torn ACL. With time, a QB can return to health. But this, especially for a 35 year old QB, may be something that lingers indefinitely.    

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?

In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?:
    [QUOTE]Dude, will you seriously stop posting these threads. You have like 3 of them open and if you are Commie Contrarian as well, then you have a lot more than that. Thanks, Rational Pats Fans
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You...a rational Pats' fan? LOL!!!

Anytime anyone in any way criticizes the Patriots, you, and the other koolaid guzzlers out there, personally attack him by calling him an idiot, moron,  troll, and so on. 

Let me remind  you, oh self proclaimed Rational One...this is a discussion forum on the Patriots. It's a place where folks get to air their opinions on the Patriots.

You have started a tread meant to personally attack and insult Babe Parilli because he's of the opinion that the Pats have done a lousy job of drafting from 2006-09. Based on that, he feels that BB isn't a very good GM. 

After seeing all the draft busts from 2006-09, it's not even debatable that the Pats have blown a golden opportunity to replentish and re-stock their roster with good young talent during those years. Yet you, Mr. Rational, refuse to acknowledge it.

As for repeating themes...look whose talking. You constantly repeat yourself in your posts, and your continual rude replies to the other posters are growing tiresome. 

Grow up, Rusty. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duc749Rider. Show Duc749Rider's posts

Who cares about the Colts?  Enough already. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares about the Colts?  Enough already. 
    Posted by Duc749Rider[/QUOTE]

Nobody is forcing you to read, or respond.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : How many attention grabbing threads do you need on the same topic? Maybe a repitition of statements, which is really another way of saying consistently accurate, wouldn't be needed if the troll work was less?

RESPONSE: I have no idea what you're talking about.

What will people like you and others do when NE doesn't have BB and Brady anymore?

RESPONSE: "People like me"?? You mean, objective people? When BB and Brady retire, what will I do? Probably the same things that I do now. What will you be doing, when they're gone? Stop...don't answer that question. I don't think I want to know. 

Will you be in an insane asylum?

RESPONSE: Are you in one, now?? LOL!!!  

We know Babe Parilli will, because the next GM/head coach and QB won't be as good as this.

RESPONSE: Huh?? How do you know how good Hoyer or Mallett may become? How do you know that the Pats' won't be able to find another great coach after BB steps down?  

You have the same Gomer based threads on here. One is enough.

RESPONSE: Oh...that's right...you're The King. Forgive me, Your Highness.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

If you claim to represent rational Pats' fans, the, based on your last post, I think it's time for them to find a new representative. Geez!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Let me just say I would be somewhat dissapointed if Mannings career were to end in that fashion...As much as I hated him after 06', I have came around a while ago and admitted that this guy is P-Money...and one of the best ever.

As much as we want him to lose, its fun watching the guy do his thing and I would miss watching him play.

Watching NFL netowrk last night, i saw Gruden making comment on the "the Sherriff" and spoke about visiting Colts camp years ago and being blown away that Peyton runs the practices. ( we all pretty much knew Dungy was there for defense and couldnt teach Peyton squat) but to run his own practices?!?! You can see him calling out each situation before the play(what Bill does here) and telling guys after each play, ok lets try this, you go under the backer and you do this....He is a true field veteran rivaled only by one guy, Brady and is masterful at getting his team into the best play on every play and I will miss him if his career is over. I hope he gets it together, but if its that serious, he should hange them up, rather then get hurt long term w/ a neck injury.

Good Luck Goober!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

"Manning, 35, had what was described as a "minimally invasive" surgery in Chicago"  Bears fan Doctor must have been a bit disgruntled about that Super Bowl Loss....    jk

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

[QUOTE]Let me just say I would be somewhat dissapointed if Mannings career were to end in that fashion...

How much of his new contract was Guaranteed?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I hope not but it doesn't look good for him.  I always like the competition between him and Brady. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Modern medicine cannot continually create miracles. At some point everyone is done. Peyton seems to be heading down that track. The question is really how much is left in the tank, how much can he come back without relapse again?

Has he added to the game? Vastly! In 1998 I hung a picture of him in his UTenn uniform with the quote "I study the game. I know the game". He impressed me back then with his approach to game study and mastery.

Best to him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Rusty has a point TP, you're obsessed with Indianapolis. You always attribute it to them being a top rival of New England but I don't see you starting threads about the Steelers or Ravens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty has a point TP, you're obsessed with Indianapolis. You always attribute it to them being a top rival of New England but I don't see you starting threads about the Steelers or Ravens.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

The Patriots have owned the Steelers throughout the decade...save in 2008, when Tom Brady was injured. The Ravens defense is old and tired. Joe Flacco isn't even on par with Mark Sanchez as a QB.

The Colts have been the Pats' top competition for the past decade. Peyton Manning is one of the games' greatest players. What happens to him, in my view, is big news. If it isn't to you, no one is forcing you to read the posts in this thread, or to respond.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty has a point TP, you're obsessed with Indianapolis. You always attribute it to them being a top rival of New England but I don't see you starting threads about the Steelers or Ravens.

I think this is more about TP's disdain for UD6.  Had there been Steeler/Raven trolls posting a ridiculously large number of comments, I think TP would be on their case too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Have you seen Manning's latest commercial? He looks incredibly stiff!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I have to commend UD6 for not taking the bait on this one.  TP, you just look like a tool. lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : I think this is more about TP's disdain for UD6.  Had there been Steeler/Raven trolls posting a ridiculously large number of comments, I think TP would be on their case too.
    Posted by dastardly[/QUOTE]

Could be. I do enjoy giving the business to ol' UD...LOL!!

But...that's wasn't the purpose here. The chance that Peyton Manning could be done is big news.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Well, he is done, for week one that is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I would not and won't count Manning out until he retires.  If any one thinks this guy is not a competitor, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to talk to you about.  Manning will be back and he will still be good, count on it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

[QUOTE]I have to commend UD6 for not taking the bait on this one.  TP, you just look like a tool. lol
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Speaking of UD6, anyone notice he hasn't been around here much lately?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Same can be said for Rusty w/ the Jets , No

He had updated evry day as to every little injury they incurred and hoped that the train would be derailed for every setback...

And thats his opinion too, but I get tired of watching Russ put up all this Jets inof and he gets no slack for it, and turns a lot of good threads into pissing contests w/trolls he claims not to like but cant resist going back and forth. and yes, I agree w/Texas pats it is big news..not sure about multiple threads, but since when is that new?  We have stupid Randy MOss posts because of a comment made about something not going to happen...they will moce to next page if ignored....stop whining and move on or dont read like Tex suggested

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I would not and won't count Manning out until he retires.  If any one thinks this guy is not a competitor, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to talk to you about.  Manning will be back and he will still be good, count on it.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

If the damaged nerve doesn't heal, he won't be back, no matter how much will power he has. It's not the type of injury where you can do some ungodly amount of rehab to recover. That was one of the points made in the article, that I set out in my initial post.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Thanks for your input Jay. I didn't really need to hear you whine about my whine. Apologies to TP for my initial post....

Sections
Shortcuts