Is Peyton Manning Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?

In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Pot, this is kettle.  Blah, blah, blah.  I don't have to "believe" you're an idiot, you prove it with every post child.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

gr82...you and others need to cut "The Dog(gggg)", a/k/a UD6, some slack. This man/child is still in shock over the fact that his hero is done. He's taking out his pain and frustrations on us...capiche??

LOL!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

As you know, I think that Manninmg's career, not just his season, is over. Apparently, some Colts fans, Joe Addai, and doctors are thinking along the same lines:

1.) Bill Polian gets a lot of credit for putting the Colts together but he really blew this one. He should've drafted a REAL backup QB a few years ago in case this day would come. Sort of like Steve Young was groomed to replace Joe Montana or Aaron Rogers replacing Brett Farve. Instead he got a couple of busters just to carry notepads.

2.) I still feel Manning's career is over;

3.) “…The contract pays Manning $26.4 million the first year….”
    The nice thing is the Colts got one for the price of five.

4.) "It kind of puts you down a little bit," Addai said. "A hamstring, you kind of go work on it, get a massage, rub it down, stretch it. Nerve injury, you can do a lot of things, but you really can't do anything about it."

Colts fans are hoping that's not true, that Thursday's surgery and subsequent rehabilitation will, in the long run, effect the needed repair.

Manning's agent, Tom Condon, declined to comment.

5.) Dr. Anders Cohen, chief of neurosurgery at the Brooklyn Hospital Center, concurred. He said this kind of procedure requires at least a three-month recovery period. "Surgeons initially tried a less invasive approach, but the single-level anterior fusion he just underwent is a more definitive procedure that will correct the problem but requires a longer healing process," Cohen said. "It's highly unlikely that he will play this year.

So...if all these comments have al least some validity, why don't the Colts give up the ghost already...and open up a roster spot by putting Petyon on IR?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I wonder if all the seats at their place are already sold out...if not, that might explain why they are sounding like he MIGHT play again this year, just to keep fan interest strong in what is sure to be an awful season for that team...

All I know is that when we lost Brady, we still won 11 games with a backup....how will the sons of Polian do? (PFFFFFTTTTTT)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I really don't feel sorry for him.  He was a top draft pick, first contract was huge, played for a long time, 3 big contracts and HUGE amount of endorsements, he worked it all for everything he could and did well.  He got his Superbowl, accolades, a bunch of records, worldwide adoration, and now he has a golden opportunity to exit with all of that shiny glow intact and NOT be Brett Favre.  Dang, that's tough luck.  Poor guy.  Maybe it's just time.  He isn't going to die, he is just going to stop playing football.  His career has lasted a long time, and has been lucrative and rewarding.  O.K if he hangs it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

If so, that is a shame. He was a top five all time Qb for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]If so, that is a shame. He was a top five all time Qb for sure.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

I grant you that Peyton is a Hall of Famer, but, a "top 5 QB all-time"??? To me, Manning isn't even in the top 10. Here's my top 13 (you've got to keep in mind that the "older" QBs never had the luxury of playing under the Polian Passing rules...nor were they afforded the protections that QBs are today):

1.) Joe Montana;

2.) Tom Brady;

3.) Bart Starr;

4.) John Unitas;

5.) John Elway;

6.) Otto Graham;

7.) Sammy Baugh;

8.) Brett Favre;

9.) Roger Staubach;

10.) Fran Tarkenton;

11.) Dan Marino;

12.) Terry Bradshaw;

13.) Peyton Manning

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? :      I grant you that Peyton is a Hall of Famer, but, a "top 5 QB all-time"??? To me, Manning isn't even in the top 10. Here's my top 13 (you've got to keep in mind that the "older" QBs never had the luxury of playing under the Polian Passing rules...nor were they afforded the protections that QBs are today): 1.) Joe Montana; 2.) Tom Brady; 3.) Bart Starr; 4.) John Unitas; 5.) John Elway; 6.) Otto Graham; 7.) Sammy Baugh; 8.) Brett Favre; 9.) Roger Staubach; 10.) Fran Tarkenton; 11.) Dan Marino; 12.) Terry Bradshaw; 13.) Peyton Manning
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Not a bad list. At this point I would argue Brady is a bit better than Montana. Starr, Elway, Graham, Baugh, Favre, and Tarkenton could be lower and Manning should be about 5th. Young, and Aikman should be in there somewhere. Bradshaw is the least of those names.

I would go with....

Brady
    Montana
    Unitas
    Young
    Manning
    Staubach
    Starr
    Favre
    Marino
    Elway
    Graham
    Baugh
    Aikman
    Tarkenton
    Bradshaw

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Not a bad list. At this point I would argue Brady is a bit better than Montana. Starr, Elway, Graham, Baugh, Favre, and Tarkenton could be lower and Manning should be about 5th. Young, and Aikman should be in there somewhere. Bradshaw is the least of those names. I would go with.... Brady Montana Unitas Young Manning Staubach Starr Favre Marino Elway Graham Baugh Aikman Tarkenton Bradshaw
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Steve Young at #4???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Next time y'all read one of The Dog(gggg)'s, a/k/a UD6's ugly posts, keep in mind the 5 stages of grief that people are prone to go through. Thus far, he's only experienced the first two:

1.) Denial: Where The Dog(gggg) says that, "There's no evidence that Peyton will miss the season. He may miss a few games, and will return as good as new";

2.) Anger: "That no good side-winder, TexasPat!!"  

3.) Bargaining;

4.) Depression;

5.) Acceptance.

Let's try to do what we can to help our canine friend through his time of need.

LOL!!!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]     Next time y'all read one of The Dog(gggg)'s, a/k/a UD6's ugly posts, keep in mind the 5 stages of grief that people are prone to go through:   1.) Denial; 2.) Anger; 3.) Bargaining; 4.) Depression; 5.) Acceptance.      Let's try to do what we can to help our canine friend through his time of need.      LOL!!!  

How long is that going to take????? LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? :      Steve Young at #4???

Sure. Young has the highest passer rating in history before they changed the contact rules and PR has risen significantly. He like Staubach had a number of years cut from their career (for different reasons) and are relatively high on total stats but would be much higher if those years were there. Again, like Staubach, Young could run as well as pick you apart through the air. Phenomenal QB. But I understand why others might not rate him as high.

When I rate QBs I have a stronger emphasis on how well they took care of the ball than most. It is an extremely important aspect of playing that position that I feel is not given the weight it should by just about everybody. Young took care of the ball well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]     Next time y'all read one of The Dog(gggg)'s, a/k/a UD6's ugly posts, keep in mind the 5 stages of grief that people are prone to go through:   1.) Denial; 2.) Anger; 3.) Bargaining; 4.) Depression; 5.) Acceptance.      Let's try to do what we can to help our canine friend through his time of need.      LOL!!!  

Dog is typical of an Indy fan. The greatest sports thing to ever happen there (and one of the very very few) is Manning. They obcess over him.  It's understandable. Brady is just one of a number of phenomenal all-time greats Boston has to it's credit. It is entirely apples and oranges delving into the sports psyche of a Boston fan vs an Indy fan. Manning is their world.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : How long is that going to take????? LOL
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

The recovery time on this sort of thing is analogous to that of Peyton's neck injury, Rock. It's at least 4 months, but completely unpredictable. 

I don't pretend to be a therapist...but, based of what we've seen from our canine friend thus far, I'm afraid that the prognosis is not good.

LOL!!!      

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

WOOOOOOOOO...SNAPS!
    LMAO

To paraphrase DeNiro to Pesci in "GOODFELLAS" ,

"Encinitas just told Dogg to go "F" himself!!...WHATS THE WORLD COMIN' TOO!!!!????"

LMAO...great post Encinitas

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

It doesn't look good for him. I wonder how accurate theis video is?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/es-6947721/sport_science_manning_surgery/

He looked pretty stiff in the Best Buy/Sony commercial.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Sorry Tex, must disagree.  Compassion is not going over to the Indy site to laugh at Dolt fans.  Underpuppy has been the longest running loser troll show on this site.  Making fun of him defending the greatest choke artist of all time, while said choker was playing, was mildly amusing.  Making fun of him now that his horsefaced hero is headed to the glue factory is downright hilarious. Puppy should finish his grieving elsewhere, then rally behind Peyton's real talent....licking white goo off his chin in the Double Stuff League.  
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]
    What is actually hilarious is your inability to quash my presence or actually provide anything meaningful through your poorly composed posts - either the one above or the many before it.  Maybe its that brown gooey stuff on your fingers that comes from your compulsive desire to stick your hands down your diaper that limits your ability to write more effectively, or maybe you just don't have what it takes. 

Toodles. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? :      I grant you that Peyton is a Hall of Famer, but, a "top 5 QB all-time"??? To me, Manning isn't even in the top 10. Here's my top 13 (you've got to keep in mind that the "older" QBs never had the luxury of playing under the Polian Passing rules...nor were they afforded the protections that QBs are today): 1.) Joe Montana; 2.) Tom Brady; 3.) Bart Starr; 4.) John Unitas; 5.) John Elway; 6.) Otto Graham; 7.) Sammy Baugh; 8.) Brett Favre; 9.) Roger Staubach; 10.) Fran Tarkenton; 11.) Dan Marino; 12.) Terry Bradshaw; 13.) Peyton Manning

Wow, TP. Pouting below Marino? Bradshaw and Tarkenton?

Think Johnny U. was better than Starr. I'd say Montana and TB are tied at least.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Sorry Tex, must disagree.  Compassion is not going over to the Indy site to laugh at Dolt fans.  Underpuppy has been the longest running loser troll show on this site.  Making fun of him defending the greatest choke artist of all time, while said choker was playing, was mildly amusing.  Making fun of him now that his horsefaced hero is headed to the glue factory is downright hilarious. Puppy should finish his grieving elsewhere, then rally behind Peyton's real talent....licking white goo off his chin in the Double Stuff League.  
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Encinitas and All:

Why do you continue to take UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)", seriously? He's a proven liar, never gives a straight answer to a question, constantly misrepresents what others say, and misdirects (by his own admission) discussions, when it becomes clear that he's losing the debate.

Furthermore, as I've mentioned in previous posts, where's your compassion? Y'all know what a difficult time "The Dog(gggg)" is currently going through, trying to cope with the loss of a loved one...his God, and hero, Peyton Manning. From his past few posts, it appears that he's wavering in the wasteland between the first two stages of grief, Denial and Anger. 

Guys...let's cut our canine friend a little slack, shall we?? By showing him some compassion, perhaps he'll avoid another trip to the psyche ward, learn to come to terms with the loss of Peyton, and go on to live a normal, well adjusted life. 

LOL!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Sure. Young has the highest passer rating in history before they changed the contact rules and PR has risen significantly. He like Staubach had a number of years cut from their career (for different reasons) and are relatively high on total stats but would be much higher if those years were there. Again, like Staubach, Young could run as well as pick you apart through the air. Phenomenal QB. But I understand why others might not rate him as high. When I rate QBs I have a stronger emphasis on how well they took care of the ball than most. It is an extremely important aspect of playing that position that I feel is not given the weight it should by just about everybody. Young took care of the ball well.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I rate Young lower because his stats are skewed. He had more talent than even Montana. Ricky Watters, Rice, Taylor, Jones, Rathman. That is as elite as it gets. And he was consistently outplayed by Aikman in big games. 

And I pulled hard for Young. I hated the Cowboys. Aikman was cooler, and probably would have had better stats if he had the offense that Young had. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : I rate Young lower because his stats are skewed. He had more talent than even Montana. Ricky Watters, Rice, Taylor, Jones, Rathman. That is as elite as it gets. And he was consistently outplayed by Aikman in big games.  And I pulled hard for Young. I hated the Cowboys. Aikman was cooler, and probably would have had better stats if he had the offense that Young had. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but there's a question about the length of his run as a great QB. Remember, he toiled in the USFL, then in Tampa, for three years...before coming to the 49ers in 1987, where he served as Joe Montana's caddy for 4 years. In 1991, he evenually took over, and played 8 years as their starter.

Granted, several of those years were great years. But, when you factor in the talent he had around him, the fact that he only led his team to one championship, and, relatively speaking, his short run of dominance, there's no way he belongs among the top 10 QBs of all-time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Young

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : What is actually hilarious is your inability to quash my presence or actually provide anything meaningful through your poorly composed posts - either the one above or the many before it.  Maybe its that brown gooey stuff on your fingers that comes from your compulsive desire to stick your hands down your diaper that limits your ability to write more effectively, or maybe you just don't have what it takes.  Toodles. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Gee Dogg, I thought you didn't like to have conversations that degraded down into the mire?  Oh yeah, that's right - someone does it to you it's a bad thing; you do it, it's okay - I see, typical hypocrite troll as usual.  Give you credit for consistency, but being a consistent idiot isn't much of a calling.  Toodles back at you child - enjoy your happy meal lunch during the Indy-Houston game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Gee Dogg, I thought you didn't like to have conversations that degraded down into the mire?  Oh yeah, that's right - someone does it to you it's a bad thing; you do it, it's okay - I see, typical hypocrite troll as usual.  Give you credit for consistency, but being a consistent idiot isn't much of a calling.  Toodles back at you child - enjoy your happy meal lunch during the Indy-Houston game.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

gr82:

Again, where's your compassion? Though it's common knowledge that Peyton Manning won't play today, "The Dog(gggg)" is going through Denial. Once he sees Kerry Collins behind center, he'll either fantasize that Collins is really Peyton in disguise, or realize the truth. This dose of reality could mean another trip to the psyche ward.

So please...be gentle with him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? :      Encinitas and All:       Why do you continue to take UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)", seriously? He's a proven liar, never gives a straight answer to a question, constantly misrepresents what others say, and misdirects (by his own admission) discussions, when it becomes clear that he's losing the debate.      Furthermore, as I've mentioned in previous posts, where's your compassion? Y'all know what a difficult time "The Dog(gggg) is currently going through, trying to cope with the loss of a loved one...his God, and hero, Peyton Manning. From his past few posts, it appears that he's wavering in the wasteland between the first two stages of grief, Denial and Anger.       Guys...let's cut our canine friend a little slack, shall we?? By showing him some compassion, perhaps he'll avoid another trip to the psyche ward, learn to come to terms with the loss of Peyton, and go on to live a normal, well adjusted life. 
    TP - face it, buddy. You are one shtty chef. Got to be able to stir to hope to get any kind of worthy stew.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : TP - face it, buddy. You are one shtty chef. Got to be able to stir to hope to get any kind of worthy stew.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Hey UD - looking at a quick 10-0 hole here - what is your prediction for the rest of the game?