Is Peyton Manning Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?

Who cares...I DO!!!!!...LMFAO...I am reveling in the Manning Family sadness....oh, how I LUV me some Manning family pain....talk about Schadenfreude! It doesn't get any better then this, unless, of course, we can get a retirement out of Crag Face No Neck and the firings of the Polian Clan and Caldwell the Zomboid all in the same post season...talk about a TRIFECTA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I bet he's gonna want out of there when they clean house.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

Here are a couple of questions.  Would Peyton want to play behind that offensive line this late in his career?  Would it make more sense for Peyton to take that 28 million (1st years salary) without getting hit then walking away (retire)?  Sounds like a good plan if I say so myself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?:
    [QUOTE]     For those delusional folks (hello, Dog(gggg)!) who still think that Peyton Manning will be coming back next year, as good as new: 08:04 AM ET 10.06 | Peyton Manning 's workout regimen these days includes, at its most strenuous, power walking . Manning, meanwhile, isn't saying much. Which isn't new. He's closed himself off as he's aged; most teammates didn't know that his wife, Ashley, was pregnant until after she delivered twins last March and they read about it in the newspaper. And while in the past he typically responded to text messages quickly, his replies lately have been tardy and terse. ... "I assume it's driving him crazy," says Jim Sorgi , Manning's close friend and former backup. "I texted him a few times. He was down. He doesn't let it show. He keeps his frustrations to himself. But there's a different mojo about him. His texts are short." Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/310132-a-frustrated-and-down-manning-emerges?eref=sihp&sct=hp_bf2_a4#ixzz1a1AM3jUN  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Manning is probably down because he sees the writing on the wall. The team aged quickly. He just had a career ending injury, even if he comes back from it. 

Even with Manning, this team looks like a 5-6 win team. 

He won't be able to take them to the playoffs next season. 

And I don't know too many teams that would bet the house on a guy with a fused neck. It just isn't an injury that football players play with.

My neck hurts just thinking about him taking a high shot and having his neck actually break.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Wonder who will be in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes at the end of the year?

Tennessee?
    Denver?
    Washington?
    Philly?
    Minny?
    Seattle?
    Arizona?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]I have to commend UD6 for not taking the bait on this one.  TP, you just look like a tool. lol
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME????  YOU JUST SAID SOMEONE LOOKED LIKE A TOOL???????????????????????????????????? Oh, wow.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Manning is probably down because he sees the writing on the wall. The team aged quickly. He just had a career ending injury, even if he comes back from it.  Even with Manning, this team looks like a 5-6 win team.  He won't be able to take them to the playoffs next season.  And I don't know too many teams that would bet the house on a guy with a fused neck. It just isn't an injury that football players play with. My neck hurts just thinking about him taking a high shot and having his neck actually break.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Oh, no..."Z"! According to "The Dog(gggg), the Colts would have been a SB contender this year, with a healthy Manning.

LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Wonder who will be in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes at the end of the year? Tennessee? Denver? Washington? Philly? Minny? Seattle? Arizona?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Manning is done. Any team that forks over significant compensation for him now is "Carson Palmer crazy". This from Phillip Wilson of the IndyStar:

"Much has been made of what the Colts should do if they get the No. 1 pick. They think it disrespectful to suggest Manning should be dealt or released from his contract (there’s an escape clause in the four-time NFL MVP’s deal that kicks in come February, if I’m not mistaken. If the Colts don’t pay up, he can become a free agent). We should hopefully know more by then if Manning can play again. **I’ve exhausted every avenue reminding fans that Manning’s return from three neck surgeries in 19 months is not a lock. We hope so, sure, but that’s all it is, hope. Anybody who tells you with certainty that Manning will be back as his old self is just trying to convince themselves it will happen because it’s just not that clear. That’s why I’ve advocated taking QB Andrew Luck, and not trading him, because if the Stanford QB is as good as many think he is, his selection ensures the future of the franchise beyond Manning...Manning doesn’t want to lose his job or retire, sure, but if it’s beyond his control then the Colts must act accordingly. Remember, if Manning can’t come back and get it done, and the Colts don’t take Luck, we could have a new era of losing football because of another wrong decision. We’re back to where we are now, without a QB to lead this team. We’ve seen enough to know we don’t want a repeat." http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2011/10/24/heads-will-roll-probably-at-seasons-end/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

As I've been repeatedly saying for months now, Peyton Manning is done: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/03/peyton-manning-says-his-neck-still-hasnt-healed/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I bet he ends up in Washington next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

A Tribute to #18

My portrait shot for Gatorade.  17-years-old

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

I have always thougth that those Manning boys had long necks.  Maybe too long to be playin a sport of hard contact.  If ole Payton knows whats right for his future he should just walk away and retire and still live a life relatively pain free. 
         Just read that Sweetness(Payton) article in SI about his years after beating the Pats in 86.  He had a big bottle of pain killers ready to go at all times and he would mix a little tylenol or alcohol to aviod the pain.  He also died at a young age.  So from one Payton to another walk away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

I think Peyton is done also with that type of injury. The sport is much too dangerous to continue. The medical and surgical team should have an opinion out soon for his sake that the healing will take place effectively enough and allowing him a normal life - out of football as a player. Thats tough for him and his fans. Colt Nation has already has conceded to the facts. I have not reviewed the actual medical report.

I will miss him as one of the greats of all time. The competitive excitement he brings as a foe, especially to us Pats fans will be missed. Peyton was foolish 'not to' sign on for the year because I'd think even he did not know about the healing process until up to the second operation, but yet decent enough of a man to sign for one year and the remaining contract on team option. I would not pretend to guess that he knew all along he was not able to play again. Peyton is not that type of person. I will miss his competitive play and spirit.

Go into a happy retirement Peyton, you have nothing more to prove to anyone.
    Wishing Peyton a Blessed and happy future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yep.  It's over, seems like the risks outweigh the rewards.  If he gets back on the field, it's probably 5 games TOPS before someone clobbers him and he hurts it.  I'm guessing time will give him the opportunity to look at it rationally and just hang it up.  My guess is the Clots won't pay the $28 million.  I think they cut him loose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I have always thougth that those Manning boys had long necks.  Maybe too long to be playin a sport of hard contact.  If ole Payton knows whats right for his future he should just walk away and retire and still live a life relatively pain free.       Just read that Sweetness(Payton) article in SI about his years after beating the Pats in 86.  He had a big bottle of pain killers ready to go at all times and he would mix a little tylenol or alcohol to aviod the pain.  He also died at a young age.  So from one Payton to another walk away.
    Posted by RedSoxvsGiants[/QUOTE]

This is one of those posts that the patriot nation should have removed as quickly as possible, because if you embrace this poster, you embrace his comments.  And nothing could be dumber than saying a guy with a long neck shouldn't play football because it might be too rough, particularly regarding a player who's played 13 consecutive NFL seasons without missing a game due to injury. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Yep.  It's over, seems like the risks outweigh the rewards.  If he gets back on the field, it's probably 5 games TOPS before someone clobbers him and he hurts it.  I'm guessing time will give him the opportunity to look at it rationally and just hang it up.  My guess is the Clots won't pay the $28 million.  I think they cut him loose.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

The assumption is that the fusion and the nerve regeneration should take care of all of that.  No guarantee that it does, but that's the idea. 

The real issue today is that the fusion does not appear to be "taking" as it should be and the nerve regeneration is slower than maybe anticipated.  

Manning very well could be done. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Sucks that he won't be able to walk away on his own terms but he's accomplished enough.  He's a first ballot hall of famer and one of the all time greats.  Just call it a career, Peyton.  Your long term health is way more important.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]     I completely agree with those posts above which advise Peyton to retire, whether he's able to play again or not. His injury is of the type that it's too risky for him to continue to try to play.       But, I don't believe that Peyton will even have that option. His neck hasn't healed, despite all the radical treatment procedures. The Manning Era in Indy is done: http://www.indystar.com/article/20111104/SPORTS03/111040331/Kravitz-Peyton-Manning-era-over-      I hate to bring this up, my friends...but how much longer will it be before we'll have to deal with the end of the Brady Era?     

Hi TP3 Hopefully not by injury. Could Brady go the way of Joe Montana? That new LA Franchise maybe doable in 3 years would be appealing to him for 2 years. Sounds sacreligious but we never know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I completely agree with those posts above which advise Peyton to retire, whether he's able to play again or not. His injury is of the type that it's too risky for him to continue to try to play. 

But, I don't believe that Peyton will even have that option. His neck hasn't healed, despite all the radical treatment procedures. The Manning Era in Indy is done: http://www.indystar.com/article/20111104/SPORTS03/111040331/Kravitz-Peyton-Manning-era-over-

I hate to bring this up, my friends...but how much longer will it be before we'll have to deal with the end of the Brady Era?     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

As I've said since the preseason, Peyton Manning is done: http://www.indystar.com/article/20111129/SPORTS03/111290309/Colts-notebook-Polian-wants-know-who-said-Manning-done-

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Modern medicine cannot continually create miracles. At some point everyone is done. Peyton seems to be heading down that track. The question is really how much is left in the tank, how much can he come back without relapse again? Has he added to the game? Vastly! In 1998 I hung a picture of him in his UTenn uniform with the quote "I study the game. I know the game". He impressed me back then with his approach to game study and mastery. Best to him.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]
    Maybe, for acccuracy, you should cross out the words " the game" in the "I study the game..." quote and replace it with the words "TV commercials".

Granted he's one of the all time greats on the field but I really got sick of seeing him pitching everything under the sun, as if he needed the money. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

If there's still any doubt as to  whether Peyton Manning is done, there's this:

Image: Colts quarterback Peyton Manning (© Jason O. Watson/US Presswire)
    Manning's slow healing reportedly indicates he will never play again.

Four-time NFL MVP Peyton Manning has hit a plateau in his rehabilitation from neck surgery, and the slow rate at which the nerves in his arm are healing indicate he will not play again, Yahoo! Sports reported Monday, citing two sources.

Manning's future with the Indianapolis Colts has dominated headlines in recent weeks, with team owner Jim Irsay facing a decision on whether to pay $28 million to retain the star quarterback.

The 35-year-old began throwing in December after the fused vertebrae in his neck healed as expected, but he has not shown any improvement in the velocity of his passes.

The two sources feared Manning would never show improvement again.

Further, two league-affiliated doctors told the website that it could take a year before Manning knows if he will be able to return and said they would recommend Irsay let go of him.

With Manning sidelined for the entire 2011 season, the Colts finished 2-14 and will select first in April's draft. Most expect the team to select Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with that top pick.

The team will owe Manning a $28 million roster bonus if he is still with the team March 8, leading many league observers to conclude the Colts cannot afford both quarterbacks.

Earlier Monday, Irsay told reporters that he wanted to shift the focus away from Manning this week in the lead up to Super Bowl XLVI between the Giants and Patriots in Indianapolis on Sunday: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-indianapolis-colts-neck-injury-slow-progress-may-never-play-again-013012

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Apparently, Peyton has not given up the ghost on his playing career. He claims that he's very encouraged by what his doctors have told him, and he plans to play next season. This in direct contrast to what the media reported, earlier today...discussed above.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/31/peyton-manning-very-encouraged-with-rehab-plans-to-play-in-2012/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Is Peyton Manning Done?:
    [QUOTE]     As the Peyton neck injury drama lingers, more detailed information is coming out regarding the nature of his injury. For football fans and, especially Colts' fans, the news is not good. The following excerpts are from an article in the IndyStar entitled, "Nothing is Certain When Dealing With Nerve Injuries":  "Peyton Manning's pain not go away any time soon. A doctor familiar with neck surgeries said there isn't a clear-cut timetable for recovery from such procedures and it's not a given the damaged nerve will ever heal. That the Indianapolis Colts four-time NFL MVP quarterback is experiencing weakness in his throwing arm so far removed from a May 23 surgery suggests the nerve hasn't healed, said Dr. Neel Anand, director of Orthopedic Spine Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. "The nerve was injured in some fashion, he has some weakness and now you're waiting for that nerve to recover," Anand said Tuesday. "Depending on the extent of the injury, it could take six weeks, it could take two years. And there's no guarantee it will come back...  Manning, 35, had what was described as a "minimally invasive" surgery in Chicago to remove part of a bulging disk. He had a similar surgery in March 2010 to alleviate pain from a different pinched nerve. But his latest recovery hasn't been as smooth as the first. "If all things went well with the (recent) surgery, he should be very much healed," Anand said. "So if he hasn't, I'd think that particular condition has gotten worse or he has a new condition, he's got a new disk (problem) elsewhere. That would make the most sense. "But we really don't know how bad (the damaged nerve) was to begin with." It's also more common for an athlete with one neck problem to develop another. "I always tell patients it's like having four tires on the car," the doctor said. "If your one tire went bad, you know the other three aren't that good. They all are around the same number of miles and took the same hits. http://www.indystar.com/article/20110907/SPORTS03/109070334/Unnerving-development      The bottom line appears to be that Peyton's neck problems are dissimilar to a sprained ankle, or a torn ACL. With time, a QB can return to health. But this, especially for a 35 year old QB, may be something that lingers indefinitely.    

I noticed he was constantly shaking his head "no" as he answered questions today about his recovery in the affirmative.  Typical physical tell of someone lying.

So I will say he is "done" - done like a Kardashian bun, if you get my drift.