Is Peyton Manning Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?

In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?:
    [QUOTE]Have you seen Manning's latest commercial? He looks incredibly stiff!
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

Yeah but he really has a great screen presence. He actually does a lot of self humbling roles with great cerbral humor.

" hey a mans gotta work"        loved it.

also, i will miss the Manning / Brady games. Every game was of importance.  better than Yanks / Sox  (19 season, maybe 7 playoffs).. yawn!  Duke / NC  its basketball for crying out loud.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He milked the Clots out of 28 million.  Point, Gomer.  He also probably got Polian fired doing it.  Point, Irsay.  He won't get the next payout, and the Clots had to throw the season to get the 1 draft pick.  Point, no one.  This team has lost the aura of being an elite organization with high standards. Now they just go diving for draft picks and blaming/firing coaches etc.  What a total meltdown.  They sold their souls to keep it going, and now it's time to pay.  I'm not sad.  Their character hasn't slipped, it has just been revealed.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's yet another report, indicating that Peyton Manning is done: OAKLAND CA - DECEMBER 26:  Peyton Manning #18 of the Indianapolis Colts leaves the field against the Oakland Raiders during an NFL game at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on December  26 2010 in Oakland California.  (Photo by Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images)

Yes, yes, yes... another report about Peyton Manning and his status with the Colts. Get used to them because more will surface. Peyton Manning's health and future in the NFL are the story this week, not some little game that is going to get played Sunday. Since everyone and their mother's mother has descended upon Indianapolis, as it is the site for Super Bowl XLVI, news about Manning will continue to percolate until... well, until we hear something definitive from either Manning himself or Colts owner Jim Irsay.

The first report last night came via Peter King of SI. He was working the pre-game show for the 2012 Pro Bowl, and he said that, according to Manning family friend Gil Brandt, Peyton still isn't healthy five months after spinal fusion surgery and it is doubtful he will ever play again.

Not long after, Amy Lawrence of ESPN tweeted this:

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Wow.  Talk about rehashing an old thread. 

It is both incredible and terribly sad how many people here celebrated Manning's injury and the possibility of his career's end.  Its completely unsurprising that in 8 hours since its reprisal everyone has avoided this thread like the plague.  Weak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

bump

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

These quotes are all from different posters and only from the first 3 pages of this thread.  Look at all the Patriots fans celebrating Manning's injury.  Oh wait Underdog is just trolling as usual.  Nothing to see here folks.  LMAO.

"He is a true field veteran rivaled only by one guy, Brady and is masterful at getting his team into the best play on every play and I will miss him if his career is over. I hope he gets it together, but if its that serious, he should hange them up, rather then get hurt long term w/ a neck injury."

"I hope not but it doesn't look good for him.  I always like the competition between him and Brady."

"Has he added to the game? Vastly! In 1998 I hung a picture of him in his UTenn uniform with the quote "I study the game. I know the game". He impressed me back then with his approach to game study and mastery.  Best to him."

"I would not and won't count Manning out until he retires.  If any one thinks this guy is not a competitor, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to talk to you about.  Manning will be back and he will still be good, count on it."

"I for one am sad if his career ends this way.  He is a gifted quarterback.  I do not know of another quarterback that can sit on the side lines, look at photos of the defense and make changes to exploit their weaknesses.  He has made the Colts a contender for many years.  He is good for the NFL.  As much as I hate when he has beaten the Patriots over the years, I do repect him as a player and a person."

"I wish Peyton the best. He's a dork, but he's a class dork."    

"Looks like he had another surgery on this past sunday and he is likely done for the season. I hate to see him go down like this. We are in a great run to see two great QB's fight it out year in year out."

"I've also heard on WEEI that Manning underwent a medical procedure this week and is done for the season. Sad, really."

"And I hope he is not done. Especially not done losing to the Pats. It is much sweeter to beat Manning than almost anyone else - Jets excepted. And that is in large part because he is SO GOOD. Like him or not he is."

"Bad news if true. I hope this isn't the end for Manning. He's one of those guys you love to "hate"(in the gamesmanship sense) because he is so good. But love him or not, he deserves all respect. I wish him all the best and hope I get the chance to see the Pats beat him again. Good luck, Peyton."

"I loathe the colts and seeing him pout when on the losing end against the Pats brings me much joy but I don't want to see him suffer an injury that could put him in a bad place."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

These quotes are all from different posters and only from the first 3 pages of this thread.  Look at all the Patriots fans celebrating Manning's injury.  Oh wait Underdog is just trolling as usual.  Nothing to see here folks.  LMAO.

"He is a true field veteran rivaled only by one guy, Brady and is masterful at getting his team into the best play on every play and I will miss him if his career is over. I hope he gets it together, but if its that serious, he should hange them up, rather then get hurt long term w/ a neck injury."

"I hope not but it doesn't look good for him.  I always like the competition between him and Brady."

"Has he added to the game? Vastly! In 1998 I hung a picture of him in his UTenn uniform with the quote "I study the game. I know the game". He impressed me back then with his approach to game study and mastery.  Best to him."

"I would not and won't count Manning out until he retires.  If any one thinks this guy is not a competitor, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to talk to you about.  Manning will be back and he will still be good, count on it."

"I for one am sad if his career ends this way.  He is a gifted quarterback.  I do not know of another quarterback that can sit on the side lines, look at photos of the defense and make changes to exploit their weaknesses.  He has made the Colts a contender for many years.  He is good for the NFL.  As much as I hate when he has beaten the Patriots over the years, I do repect him as a player and a person."

"Looks like he had another surgery on this past sunday and he is likely done for the season. I hate to see him go down like this. We are in a great run to see two great QB's fight it out year in year out."

"I've also heard on WEEI that Manning underwent a medical procedure this week and is done for the season. Sad, really."

"And I hope he is not done. Especially not done losing to the Pats. It is much sweeter to beat Manning than almost anyone else - Jets excepted. And that is in large part because he is SO GOOD. Like him or not he is."

"Bad news if true. I hope this isn't the end for Manning. He's one of those guys you love to "hate"(in the gamesmanship sense) because he is so good. But love him or not, he deserves all respect. I wish him all the best and hope I get the chance to see the Pats beat him again. Good luck, Peyton."

"I loathe the colts and seeing him pout when on the losing end against the Pats brings me much joy but I don't want to see him suffer an injury that could put him in a bad place."

[/QUOTE]

Read more.  There are plenty of people relishing the injury itself and as it related to colts fans.  Oh how wrong you all were. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

whether he is or not, the the glaring factsare, not the best QB in his era:

TB owns him, 10 wins to 4

TB 3 super bowl wins

pooting 1 super bowl win

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Read more.  There are plenty of people relishing the injury itself and as it related to colts fans.  Oh how wrong you all were. 

[/QUOTE]

PCM pretty easily pulled 11 quotes out that say differently.  Do the same.  Post these quotes of regulars on this board celebrating PM's injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TB 3 super bowl wins

pooting 1 super bowl win

[/QUOTE]

whoops - there you go with those team stats - soon to be 5 mvps vs. 2; 7 first team all pros to 2. 

But hey glaring facts are glaring facts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's better than ever! 

[/QUOTE]

You might regret necroing this thread.

Tongue Out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow.  Talk about rehashing an old thread. 

It is both incredible and terribly sad how many people here celebrated Manning's injury and the possibility of his career's end.  Its completely unsurprising that in 8 hours since its reprisal everyone has avoided this thread like the plague.  Weak.

[/QUOTE]

"I hope Manning is able to play again. He is one of the greats and has been a terrific rival. It's always disappointing to see great players have to give it up and even more so when it's due to injury."

I guess I'm not one of the folks you are talking about, troll.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TB 3 super bowl wins

pooting 1 super bowl win

[/QUOTE]

whoops - there you go with those team stats - soon to be 5 mvps vs. 2; 7 first team all pros to 2. 

[/QUOTE]

You are always the dishonest troll. You act as if MVP is won without teammates. Like Rusty, the only time you are being honest is when you're sleeping.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I hoped he would come back.  I did not doubt his ability to play after his neck injury.  I only feared for his long term health.  

Too bad the Colts didn't keep the guy who made it possible for the NFL to stay in Indy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TB 3 super bowl wins

pooting 1 super bowl win

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, MVP's rarely go to the MVP.  They are a popularity award.  Manning is not even close to being the MVP this year.  Without Manning, Bronco's still go to the play offs.

Carolina is watching if not for Newton.  Same with the Colts, without Luck.  Patriots without Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Will-Redd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TB 3 super bowl wins

pooting 1 super bowl win

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, MVP's rarely go to the MVP.  They are a popularity award.  Manning is not even close to being the MVP this year.  Without Manning, Bronco's still go to the play offs.

Carolina is watching if not for Newton.  Same with the Colts, without Luck.  Patriots without Brady.

[/QUOTE]
    So what you are saying is that there is no integrity in these votes, none?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TB 3 super bowl wins

pooting 1 super bowl win

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  I'm saying that over time and across most sports the MVP award has morphed from being for the athlete that made the biggest difference for his or her team to being a reward for individual accomplishments.  That is not bad for golf or singles tennis, but football is a team sport.

Peyton does not have the temperment to take this years Patriots Offense and team to the second best record in the AFC.  What Brady has done this year has been incredible.  Yet the talking heads on the NFL glorify Manning who has a really sweet cast around him and throw shade on Brady, saying he is "struggling".

So, I feel that there are several other players in the NFL that were more valuable to their team than Manning was to the Bronco's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TB 3 super bowl wins

pooting 1 super bowl win

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please, help yourself to all those MVPs and first team All Pro stuff.  You and Manning can have them.  No problem.  You're still an idiot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TB 3 super bowl wins

pooting 1 super bowl win

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  I'm saying that over time and across most sports the MVP award has morphed from being for the athlete that made the biggest difference for his or her team to being a reward for individual accomplishments.  That is not bad for golf or singles tennis, but football is a team sport.

Peyton does not have the temperment to take this years Patriots Offense and team to the second best record in the AFC.  What Brady has done this year has been incredible.  Yet the talking heads on the NFL glorify Manning who has a really sweet cast around him and throw shade on Brady, saying he is "struggling".

So, I feel that there are several other players in the NFL that were more valuable to their team than Manning was to the Bronco's.

[/QUOTE]
    Are you a psychologist?  You know that Manning doesn't have the temperment, huh?  How did you come to that conclusion? 

Did you know that in 2010 with a sweet cast Brady led his team to the best record and an MVP while throwing shade on Manning who was struggling with a cast of nobodys and an injured neck yet still made it to the playoffs.  Is that what you mean? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TB 3 super bowl wins

pooting 1 super bowl win

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please, help yourself to all those MVPs and first team All Pro stuff.  You and Manning can have them.  No problem.  You're still an idiot.

[/QUOTE]
    Had a heaping helping.  Cool  Have a happy day.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Well troll you succeeded in getting me to waste part of my day reading through this entire thread.  Guess what?  The number of people celebrating the injury was trivial.  In fact more people enjoyed ripping you than Manning.  There are more "pro-Manning" comments on the first 3 pages of this thread than there were negative ones in the entire 10 pages.  Face it troll you are a liar.  Why don't you actually produce some evidence for your claims if it was so obvious.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep the 1st quote is from me I believe. I saw what Rusty said. Basically laughing and celebrating injury like he always does. I respect a good rivalry and I have nothing bad to say about Manning but boy Tex, you said atleast 10 times on this thread that Manning is Done. Way to go man. next time can you just let things play out?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Just found my post and its nothing but class. Dont lump us all into one category pal. I could only imagine what gets said in the colts forum........thats if they have one..

Let me just say I would be somewhat dissapointed if Mannings career were to end in that fashion...As much as I hated him after 06', I have came around a while ago and admitted that this guy is P-Money...and one of the best ever.

As much as we want him to lose, its fun watching the guy do his thing and I would miss watching him play.

Watching NFL netowrk last night, i saw Gruden making comment on the "the Sherriff" and spoke about visiting Colts camp years ago and being blown away that Peyton runs the practices. ( we all pretty much knew Dungy was there for defense and couldnt teach Peyton squat) but to run his own practices?!?! You can see him calling out each situation before the play(what Bill does here) and telling guys after each play, ok lets try this, you go under the backer and you do this....He is a true field veteran rivaled only by one guy, Brady and is masterful at getting his team into the best play on every play and I will miss him if his career is over. I hope he gets it together, but if its that serious, he should hange them up, rather then get hurt long term w/ a neck injury.

Good Luck Goober!