Is Peyton Manning Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?

In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : There's been some of this discussion locally.  Apparently the issue is that while the nerve should regenerate itself, there's no timetable on that although many expected it to happen by now.  I think the colts probably move forward without any expectations for Manning this year, but if the nerves start to take, then he comes back.  If he can't come back and the prospects aren't good for next year, then I think he needs to hang it up.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Problem is if Colts start out say 0-4, why rush Manning to come back. No matter how good he is he would be walking on to a team mid season for the 1st time, can't expect him to come out 12-0 even though that schedule is pretty forgiving.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

My most sincere hope is that he returns a little too quickly...stiff neck and and injured nerves and all...then continues to take a brutal pounding because of that terrible OL in Indy...so we can all watch him wretch on the field as he leads the sad Dolts to a mediocre season and the Dolts fans know the bad taste of ignominious and foreseeable hopelessness and defeat.

You hicks in Indy can thank your hero-worship over Crag Face No Neck for forcing that clown Irsay's hand and mortgaging the franchise's future because of the brinks robbery about to happen...lmao! Oh yeah, Polian the whining genus...LMAO! But you hicks will take it....you don't know any better...LMAO!

Looks like the Bradley basketball team will have an even bigger  following from here on out...it'll be the only thing to do in Indy.....entertainment capital of the tea party

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I read some of the fan responses and there doesn't seem to be any panic.  A lot of head scratching though trying to figure out what's going on.  No hand wringing though which surprised me. 
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

Gary, I think we are all expecting some more information on this, but the question really is how much more information is there to provide? 

If, in fact, this is about the regeneration of nerves where there really is no absolute timetable (although there seems to be some expectation that it would have occurred by now) what more really can be said?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

I've had a similar situation as Crag Face No Neck.. I actually lost the use of my right arm, a complete loss of strength, for over a year as well as several related episodes of a lack of feeling from the tips of my fingers to my shoulders...two bad discs in my cervical spine impinging on a nerve...and eventual injury to the nerve...yes, from playing football in high school years ago....many, many visits to my neuro-surgeon (at the brigham, so you know they know what they are doing) and a long procedure, hours and hours of rehab....it took a full year of hard work to regain full use of my arm and regenerate the nerves that were damaged...even now, when I tire my right hand will spasm shut and I have to force it back open with my other hand....Crag Face No Neck is NOT going to quickly come back, nor is he going to completely symptom free ever again....he's going to hopefully return, and then he'll be hit, again and again, especially after his neck is targeted by opposing defenses, which is a certainty.

He won't need shades because the future is not bright!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Hey, look, its puny little Davedsone who is so insecure that he can't handle an opposing view and so he reports those people to the mods.  You are and always will be a pathetic little man.  Own it.  As for Manning be "done", I think that is a little premature, but maybe you have some information from that pea sized brain of yours that no one else has that you'd like to share.  Or maybe now that you feel loud and proud, you just want to start sh*t.  Whatever it is davey, I am here, if for no other reason than to haunt you.  LOL!!!!!
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhhh you are hurt, and aren't going to bother rationalizing your way out of it.  Nice.  I'm not terribly insecure, actually, just sick of you and your blather.  And yeah, he is done.  He will get back on the field, but he will not be good, and it will not last.  And your team just bet the ranch on him.  Nice.  Guess we can both scratch the CLOTS off the "teams in the hunt for the playoffs" list.

Looking forward to your eventual departure......  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I would not and won't count Manning out until he retires.  If any one thinks this guy is not a competitor, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to talk to you about.  Manning will be back and he will still be good, count on it.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

How much for the bridge old man?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Ahhhhhhh you are hurt, and aren't going to bother rationalizing your way out of it.  Nice.  I'm not terribly insecure, actually, just sick of you and your blather.  And yeah, he is done.  He will get back on the field, but he will not be good, and it will not last.  And your team just bet the ranch on him.  Nice.  Guess we can both scratch the CLOTS off the "teams in the hunt for the playoffs" list. Looking forward to your eventual departure......  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Isn't it hilarious seeing "The Dog(gggg)" trying to take his frustrations over Peyton out on us?? How childish can you get...LOL!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : You probably shouldn't be on here continuing to troll, spam threads, calling people names and being combative. Probably not a good idea considering your history and your current Colts situation.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

But if I believe you are an idiot, it would be disingenuous for me to stop referring to you as such. 

Capiche?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Ahhhhhhh you are hurt, and aren't going to bother rationalizing your way out of it.  Nice.  I'm not terribly insecure, actually, just sick of you and your blather.  And yeah, he is done.  He will get back on the field, but he will not be good, and it will not last.  And your team just bet the ranch on him.  Nice.  Guess we can both scratch the CLOTS off the "teams in the hunt for the playoffs" list. Looking forward to your eventual departure......  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    Lots of speculation there davey.  So is this your professional opinion based on your vast medical background, or are you just playing Pats fan?  LOL.

Still here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The thing that Underpanties is ignoring is, the severity of the injury and the fact Manning is older now. So, it's more difficult to rebound from any serious injuries. If this was going on with Brady, I'd be very concerned.  I admit that. If you look at Manning and how he moves in the pocket, too, he has that sixth sense that Brady and all the greats do, but make no mistake, he's not agile and won't be any more agile as he ages. That means, even when the nerve endings settle back in, this is likely to be a concern on the disk from now until he retires. One hit can aggravate it and affect his throwing again.  This is why they are hiding how concerned they are in the front office, too. The arrogance of their fans shows what we always knew. You can't just say "oh, he'll be fine" when you know the injury, his age and the uncertainty of the current healing process. Their fans are so dumb.
    So you are suggesting, based on nothing, that I am not concerned about Manning's injury being permanent?  That's the old Russ I know. 

Look Carnac, I'm pretty realistic about this thing.  He may be done.  He may be back in a couple of games.  I am not a neurosurgeon so my speculation on what will happen (same as yours) has no real basis.  

The only option is to see how this plays out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? :      Isn't it hilarious seeing "The Dog(gggg)" trying to take his frustrations over Peyton out on us?? How childish can you get...LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Check out patty.  Now that Peyton is hurt, you've chosen not to ignore me.  Talk about childish. 

As for Davey, I'll trash all day every day or at any time I desire because he was too much of a baby to handle a different opinion. 

Welcome back TP - hey I am still waiting for you to answer those questions from a few months ago.  Have you come up with anything yet? 

LOL!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Lots of speculation there davey.  So is this your professional opinion based on your vast medical background, or are you just playing Pats fan?  LOL. Still here.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I have a medical opinion although not my own.  It is the opinion of my Dr. as I too have herniated disks in my neck.  Woke up one morning and couldn't move my arms.  They just didn't work.  That was over a year ago and they are still not right.
    I avoided surgery, so far, because I have stayed away from the things that caused the injury with the advise of my Dr.
    There is more involved than nerve regeneration.  Once you compromise a disc it places too much pressure on the corresponding disks and that makes them weaker and prone to more injury.
    If he were smart, which is debatable, he'd hang em up.
    It's no fun being a vegetable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

pezz - I was with you all the way with your informative and personal post although I have some different thoughts until you threw in the "if he were smart, which is debatable" line. 

After that it all turned to noise. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : I have a medical opinion although not my own.  It is the opinion of my Dr. as I too have herniated disks in my neck.  Woke up one morning and couldn't move my arms.  They just didn't work.  That was over a year ago and they are still not right. I avoided surgery, so far, because I have stayed away from the things that caused the injury with the advise of my Dr. There is more involved than nerve regeneration.  Once you compromise a disc it places too much pressure on the corresponding disks and that makes them weaker and prone to more injury. If he were smart, which is debatable, he'd hang em up. It's no fun being a vegetable.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Pezz and All...if "The Dog(gggg)", a/k/a UD6, wants to remain in his fantasy world, let's let him. Better that than having him end up in a psyche ward again, contemplating suicide.

Let's all take a step back, and let sleeping Dog(gggg)s lie.

LOL!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Stem cells and steroids is what he'll need. Nerves dont just magically grow back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]pezz - I was with you all the way with your informative and personal post although I have some different thoughts until you threw in the "if he were smart, which is debatable" line.  After that it all turned to noise. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Just sayin, and that goes for everyone with this injury.  You really have to swallow your pride and accept you can't do the kind of things you used too.
    Is he smart enough to do that?  I don't know.
    All I know is that it is very humbling and sometimes pride overcomes brains.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Is Peyton Manning Done

In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : What do you do for a living, Underpants? Let's see how genuine you can be. I know it will be hard for you.  It's highly comical to me I am an "idiot", yet I am so good at calling you out for being a total fraud as a Colts fan on a Pats board. Everyone is, actually.   You're a phony. "Polian will fix it."
    Not sure that being a colts fan on a pats board is fraudulent, but you thinking that fits into my perception of you. 

I work in Benefits.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I hope Manning is able to play again. He is one of the greats and has been a terrific rival. It's always disappointing to see great players have to give it up and even more so when it's due to injury.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? : Just sayin, and that goes for everyone with this injury.  You really have to swallow your pride and accept you can't do the kind of things you used too. Is he smart enough to do that?  I don't know. All I know is that it is very humbling and sometimes pride overcomes brains.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Pezz - I've had both of my ACL's reconstructed, and while the surgery itself may have been the same as a professional athlete, the rehab was not.  What may have been your decision and best for you may not be for Manning.  Further, the things they may do to rehab his condition may not be things that either you can afford or that your insurance may cover. 

You may very well be right.  Manning may be done, b/c if these nerves to regenerate as they expect, then Manning's arm will never be the same.  That said, I am sure the colts and manning will spare no expense or time or effort trying to figure how to make those nerves work properly again.