Is Peyton Manning Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?

Following Sunday's disgraceful performance in Houston, Colts' coach Jim Caldwell was optimistic, saying that the loss featured a bunch of "correctible mistakes".

Okay, Jim...are there any mistakes that aren't "correctible"?? In any event,  Caldwell has failed to elaborate how he plans to correct these "correctible mistakes"...or even name what these mistakes are. Here's a list of what Caldwell might be referring to when he talks about "correctible mistakes":

1.) @18to88: Kerry Collins taking sacks is not correctable. It's who he is. Can't re-train a guy that old to release ball early

2.) @19gatsby88: mistakenly falling down an elevator shaft...

3.) @jp23mc: Pulling Kerry Collins out of retirement?

Err...Jim...here's a list of non-correctible mistakes:

1.) Staying with losers like Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter as back-ups, instead of grooming a guy who had the ability to do things on the field, other than carry a clipboard;

2.) Failing to medically evaluate a 35 year old star QB with neck and spinal issues...prior to signing him to a franchise crippling contract;

3.) Hiring a head coach who can't coach;
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/27944/so-what-kind-of-mistake-is-not-correctable

LOL!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's a great SI article which details everything you want to know about the severity of Peyton Manning's medical problems: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/will_carroll/09/06/peyton.manning.neck/index.html?sct=nfl_bf1_a8

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Peyton Manning is trying everything possible to salvage his career. He reportedly flew to Europe to have an experimental stem cell procedure done, that has not approved of in the U.S..: http://sports.yahoo.com/sportsminute

Folks...these type of things aren't done by patients, unless and until they're desperate. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Well, Manning just did a big ad for stem cell therapy. Social conservatives had made this a big issue in US politics but Manning's actions just endorsed it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done?:
    [QUOTE]Dude, will you seriously stop posting these threads. You have like 3 of them open and if you are Commie Contrarian as well, then you have a lot more than that. Thanks, Rational Pats Fans
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]seriously king, do you call my name when you're with your wife or mistress or prostitute as well? jeez.. everything reminds you of me, everyone reminds you of me.. the moderators remind you of me, whats your deal man? what do you find so irresistible about the commie comrade?

the post was great, i learned something. i hope peyton's done for this year but would hope he fully recovers and can come back to be competitive next year as we beat him AGAIN at his best!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

dude is SoOoOo Annoying!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]dude is SoOoOo Annoying!!
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

ReeGzUSMC:

Agreed...thank you for your service to our great country. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Peyton Manning Done? :      ReeGzUSMC:      Agreed...thank you for your service to our great country. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the appreciation, kind sir!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

As far as the Andrew Luck pool, I think the Clots are going to have a hard time out sucking Seattle, KC and San Fran.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Speaking of Seattle....It kind of bums me out to see someone like Sidney Rice take the $ and head there...He had what it took to be a top 10-15 WR in the NFL....now he will play there (when he's not hurt) with T. Jackson chuckin Lollipop passes and you wont hear much about him....Sad story...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]As far as the Andrew Luck pool, I think the Clots are going to have a hard time out sucking Seattle, KC and San Fran.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

We'll soon find out. The Luckless Bowl is scheduled to be played in week 5, between the Chiefs and Colts, in Indy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Peyton Manning.  Why does that name sound familiar?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I think Denver is in the running for Luck

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think Denver is in the running for Luck
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, Rock.

Many Colts' supporters are still in "Denial" about the state of Manning's career. Crazies, like "The Dog(gggg)", and the writers at the IndyStar, won't give up the ghost. For example, check out this bit of nonsense by Bob Kravitz: http://www.indystar.com/article/20110923/SPORTS15/109230335/Kravitz-Now-isn-t-time-grab-Next-Quarterback

In the above article, Kravitz recommends that the Colts' pass on finding their QB of the future, and wait for the triumphant return of the "Great Horseface". Then, when Mr. Wonderful returns, the Colts should go out and sign several veterans to surround the "Wonderful One". Kravitz ridiculously compares the Colts situation with Manning to that in Denver with John Elway, in John's fading days. 

Here's a sampling of what Colts' fans think of the "Kravitz Plan":

1.) Sorry Kravitz, but this exact article should have been written about 4 years ago. Most casual fans could see how flawed the "build from the draft" and dont spend money in free agency philosophy was. This team has had several terrible flaws for years, and Polian felt the way to "fix" them was to throw in a bunch of late round draft picks or undrafted rookies in there to correct the problems... Which is exactly why there is such a backlash at Bill Polian. A competent GM would have gone "all out" for Manning a couple years ago, not after he's going to be 37 with a career threatening neck injury...even if the Colts were to implore your strategy, according to your previous article you seem to think Jim Caldwell is the man to "lead" them... That right there is a joke, and if you can't see that, then I question your sanity...;

2.) Manning has three or four good years left? Really? (After three surgeries in a year+). The Colts need to build a defense/running game to get him a second SB title? Really? (and a whole lot more). They owe it to him? (As if $26 million in a rehab year and $64 million for the next four isn't enough). The Colts should ask Manning to follow the "Elway model" and defer to a running game? (he's nothing like Elway at this stage of his career)...and the best one of all...
    Bringing in a future star QB (like a Luck) now is a bad idea because it might"hurt Peyton's feelings" and force him to go somewhere else? Huh???

Now is DEFINITELY time to get "the next quarterback." The Colts should scout college quarterbacks more this year than they ever have, and take the right guy if he is available in next year's draft.

3.) Right now, nobody knows if Peyton will ever take another snap-the guy has had three surgeries in a year, for cryin' out loud. And with this year's team being lucky to win more than a couple of games, we should get a top five pick, and be able to get a real player. If/when Peyton does come back, he holds a clipboard for a year or two-big deal, he's learning the offense the whole time, and from one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game, no less. The Colts have let this QB situation go on for entirely too long-the time to do something about it is NOW;

4.) Kravitz shows that he is an idiot. The Colts had better draft Luck in order to prepare for 2012...Peyton coming back is NOT a given. Folks need to realize that the Colts need more than just a QB, they need to get rid of their idiot coach before anything can change;

5.) Now isn't the time? When *is* the time? When we are down to tag teaming Painter and McAfee at qb? (Or are we waiting for Marshall Manning to grow up?);

6.) Think how radical spinal fusion surgery is. It is a last ditched attempt to give someone a normal life. It is not something done to comeback and be blind-sided by a 300 pound defensive end. If the surgery fails in that environment, the only recourse is a lifetime in a wheel chair. Manning has enough money and a ring; whatever else is out there is not worth the risk. Peyton is smart enough to know he is done;

7.) "Kravitz: Now isn't the time to grab The Next Quarterback". Yeah, that Peyton Manning experiment didn't work out well at all......(roll of eyes) Why would the Colts want to get their hands on the best collegiate QB to come out in the last 10 years? Bob, what makes you, or anyone think Manning will take another snap in this league? Funny how he brings up Denver as an example of QB ineptitude (since Elway left) and in the same breath says we shouldn't consider Luck or Jones to fill the gap left by Manning. He makes as much sense as an Irsay tweet.
    Wasn't he just saying a couple days ago we should go get Brett Favre??;

8.) Peyton will not play another snap- ever!! He jobbed the Colts into a huge contract knowing that he wouldn't be ready for this season. He is 35, just had his 3rd neck surgery in a year and a half, and will follow in his brother's footsteps having a career-ending injury. However, congrats to the Colts front office for putting all of their eggs in one broken basket.

9.) So, Let me get this right. Don't draft a high quality quarerback until Peyton Manning has retired - even if one is available? That's a recipe for disaster;

10.) The next coach of the Colts is already here - PM. Ditch Caldwell, sign PM as coach and draft Luck as QB playing for one the greatest QBs to ever move into the coach's seat. Speaking as someone whose family is in the medical field, PM will never take another snap.

11.) Kravitz...One day you say that the Colts need to find a replacement for Manning and the next you write just the opposite. I think I will go with what a female dental assistant told me when I was in the chair yesterday afternoon being worked on. She said that Manning will not be the same after spinal fusion surgery and that his field of vision will be limited. If that is the case, he will get sacked more than a 20 lb. bag of Idaho potatoes each game he plays in;

12.) Who says Peyton has 3-4 more good years? Does Kravitz have inside information he isn't sharing with us? My sources -- and yes, they are credible -- say Manning is unlikely to take another snap. If that's the case, I wonder if Kravitz would want to retract this article.

LOL!!!     

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Did Manning have fusion done?  That's not good for someone who's needing to move his head around.

Caldwell doesn't look like a coach at all.  He has that dear in the headlights going on.

I would have to agree with you on draft choices and FAs.  If the Colts haven't done it yet what in the world makes Kravitz think that they will ever do it?

for the most part a silly article.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Gary -
    Yes - fusion. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

yeah - its an unfortunate loss.  Shaq has taken his place.  oh well. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Good orgainizations get rid of a player a year too soon, rather than a year too late.  We'll see which catagory the Colts fall into.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Good organizations get rid of a player a year too soon, rather than a year too late.  We'll see which catagory the Colts fall into.
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

We've already seen.

Despite his neck condition, the Colts chose to sign Manning to a multi-year mega-deal. Either this was done out by a Colts' front office who acted while in "Denial" and/or out of sentimentality, it was done without first having their medical staff perform a thorough examination of Manning, or the Colts' medical staff mis-diagnosed Manning, and misled management. 

Heads should roll in the front office or medical staff over this.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I have previously questioned whether the Colts' medical staff was incompetent for failing to timely and properly diagnose Peyton Manning's neck injury...which might have caused Colts management to decide to sign the "Great Horseface" to his multi-year mega deal. 

With injuries to the team mounting, it would appear that the Colts' medical staff needs to be replaced. Why? Because of lists like these:

Peyton Manning - done for the season (neck injury)

Melvin Bullitt - done for the season (shoulder injury)

Gary Brackett - done for the season (shoulder injury) 

Anthony Gonzalez - probably will never play again (too brittle) 

Eric Foster - done for the season (dislocated ankle)

Fili Moala - out indefinitely (ankle injury)

Ernie Sims - out indefinitely (knee injury)

Kerry Collins - out indefinitely (some sort of concussion like head injury)

Ryan Diem - out indefinitely (ankle injury) 

Drake Nevis - injury to be determined (back tightness)

Anthony Castonzo injury to be determined (ankle injury)

Benjamin Ijalana injury on IR (knee injury)
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/10/4/2468625/with-the-colts-injuries-piling-up-its-time-for-a-new-strength-and

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

For those delusional folks (hello, Dog(gggg)!) who still think that Peyton Manning will be coming back next year, as good as new:

08:04 AM ET 10.06 |
    Peyton Manning's workout regimen these days includes, at its most strenuous, power walking. Manning, meanwhile, isn't saying much. Which isn't new. He's closed himself off as he's aged; most teammates didn't know that his wife, Ashley, was pregnant until after she delivered twins last March and they read about it in the newspaper. And while in the past he typically responded to text messages quickly, his replies lately have been tardy and terse. ... "I assume it's driving him crazy," says Jim Sorgi, Manning's close friend and former backup. "I texted him a few times. He was down. He doesn't let it show. He keeps his frustrations to himself. But there's a different mojo about him. His texts are short."

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/310132-a-frustrated-and-down-manning-emerges?eref=sihp&sct=hp_bf2_a4#ixzz1a1AM3jUN 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It looks like Peyton Manning will soon be placed on IR...now that he's given the team permission to do so. Talk about the tail wagging the dog(gggg)...LOL!!!
    http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2011/10/06/why-is-manning-still-on-active-roster/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

m, now there's an option makes sense, but, that's not FOX M.O.
    dont think so 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Peyton is done: http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/10/24/2509984/chris-collinsworth-hints-that-peyton-mannings-injury-could-be-far

Furthermore, even if the Colts end up with the top overall pick, there's no guarantee that Andrew Luck will make himself available to them. There's talk that he intends to pull what John Elway pulled on Jim Irsay's Dad, Robert, back in 1983: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82344884/article/scout-2012-draft-could-be-a-manning-thing-all-over-again.