Is Randy Moss Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Is Randy Moss Done?

Here are some sobering, cold hard football facts that indicate that he is. If so, and if QB Ryan Mallett pans out, the trade of Moss to the Vikings for their third round pick in last Aprils' draft (which was used to select Mallett) could turn out to be one of the greatest swindles in NFL history: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3755_Time_to_admit_it%27s_over_for_Randy_Moss.html  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Re: Is Randy Moss Done?

Moss is a problem player for any team he goes to ,so a good fit for the jets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

overall he played well for the Pats - so I cannot complain there.

Since he has left he has had issues and probably will be done before his time.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

plyers not get traded for no reason something happened for them to let him go,lets see benifit for charity Kraft put on moss showed up wouldnt sit at the table and had head phones on at the bar the whole night and wouldnt even talk to his team mates.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

For another thing his attiude shows it all caused problems everywhere so just cause pats keep it quite doesnt mean he was a good teammate, not saying he didnt play good here yes he did but peoples attitude does not change and he showed that last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

MVPkilla:I couldn't agree more...I thought Moss was awesome as a Patriot & I REALLY HOPE that Bill brings him back for 2-3 years as a situational player splitting time opposite both Tate & Price to keep him fresh...I'd also love to see him installed in the offensive packages once it gets inside the opponents 30yd line to use as a redzone threat...I'd love to have him there as an option for Brady to find in or near the endzone....IF Moss could accept that type of a role on the team I believe he could have one heck of a twilight of a career...
    I think Bill & Brady still are close with Moss & the shortened offseason along with Moss's farmiliarity with the Pats offensive schemes would be a win win for both sides....
    Moss still has mad talent & if he can wrap his brain around the concept of just being a piece of the puzzle as opposed to the end all be all piece, than I think he'd be an increadable teammate till he hangs up his cleats...
    YES, that's a HUGE step for him but I pray he takes it.....& I pray Bill gives him the oppertunity to go out a Patriot!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

It was confirmed about the head phones and being a baby at that function.moving on now .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I was thinking 2-3 year contract to show Moss that he has a commitment fom the Patriots....I think that would speak volumes to Moss on his willingness to be a role player for the team...of course it would be incentive laiden based on attitude & willingness to accept his part in the offensive scheme,workouts,player prep & behind the scenes type senerios...it couldn't be based on performance because that would end up turning him into a mal-content because he wouldn't be on the field as much or have the ability to put up stats to reach those incentives if based on performance...A performance based incentive based on stats only would explode in the Pats face & be contradictory to what they would be trying to accomplish by bringing him back....I actually like the 3 year contract(while Brady is still there) with the option to void out if Moss fails to uphold his end of the contract...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

YES.  But like many declining athletes he will go down hurting his legacy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

The headphone/kraft charity event where Moss poorly represented himself was the summer before the season started last year & revolved around wanting to get a commitment from Kraft & a contract extension, which as we all know didn't happen....point being even though Moss screwed up, it was a result of his unhappiness of not getting a contract extension, in other words,business.....Moss's idea of giving what you get, which in his case was nothing....was he wrong to do that at a charity event,yeah, childish on his part but we all know Moss is an emotional/intrical individule that doesn't always choose the best way to express his feelings....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

It depends, if his terrible production is due to a decline in speed/skill then yes he is done and I don't want him here.

If he was pouting and playing mediocre due to contract issues, then Im ok with us bringing him back.

My one issue is that I doubt Moss will be fine with being a role player rather then the star player he was in 2007-2009.

This offense is headed in a different direction from what we saw in 2007 and I doubt moss would be happy with getting only, for example, 2-5 passes going his way per game. That plus the fact that he probably would have to come here for a rather cheap price makes me think that Moss has no chance of ever being a Patriot.

I really, REALLY doubt he would willingly come here for say a 1 year 2 million dollar deal where he would be a role player. His ego is too big for that to happen so I don't see it.

I don't want a cancer that he has the potential to become in this locker room. Our offense seemed to come alive after we dealt Moss to Minny, I don't want him taking reps/disrupting the flow of this new and very young offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In Response to Re: Is Randy Moss Done?:
    [QUOTE]That I agree with, he was under contract and should have set the world on fire to get himself a new deal rather then run his mouth. That is something we can agree on.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

which is another reason why I don't believe he comes back.

You said he showed signs that he wants to be here, there is actually articles about how he has publically stated he want to come back to NE, but my question would be, why didn't he perform at his best while under contract here?

Most players try to have great seasons in their contract year in order to get extensions/better money. Moss did the opposite, he looked as if he tanked the moment the season began. I won't say he was useless but he sure wasn't the Moss we came to know and love in 2007-2009.

Was it his pouting or is it that his skill level has just diminshed with old age? it could be both and the more I look at, the more I feel there is no reason to believe he will be back to play for our beloved NE Patriots.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Moss may or may not be back for God knows a number of reasons none of us know...however if he isn't brought back I really hope the patriots don't bring in any vetran recievers....I'd rather see the players we currently have on the roster get all the playing time they can with Brady & the first offense...I want to see what we have....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

For me this was never about Moss as a person.  Everything I know about his time in New England is that he was a good team mate.  It's about performance and predictabilty. 

Moss was and remains a one trick pony out run the coverage and catch the football and for years he ahd that talent in spades.  Much was made of the stretch the field thing.  That worked for two and half years but by the end of 2009, teams had figured out that they needed to roll a safety over top of him and one could see that at times he was having trouble getting separation. Fans said he was injured.  Maybe so but in 2010, it was clear that he was not getting separation, that Brady was too focused on him. 

Take the first YETS game in 2010.  Sure he made that spectacular catch over Revis, we all loved that and out went Revis from the game. We all cheered  In the second half the YETS single covered him with Cromartie and he caught nothing and we lost even though we had the lead and momentum at the end of the first half..  BB thought, "time to change things up" and off Moss goes to football Siberia where essentially he disappears both in Minny and Tennessee.  The New PATS offense goes on a tear and in the next YETS game, we kick their patooties.  They figured it out for the next game and executed beautifully but I still think the PATS offense is better now than it was with Moss in 2010.

Thus we come to now. What's changed with Moss besides he's older? If there is no season this year, he will thirty five for the next one that is indeed old for a receiver in this game. If the YETS sign him and lose, (I assume), Edwards, I think they will be weaker on balance. Edwards was effective for them last year, though of course they are more focused on Holmes. They will be weaker with Moss, not stronger. My two cents.

My guess is the YETS don't sign him unless they lose Edwards.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

Dessalines, I agree with much of what you are saying but I don't agree that RM was a one trick pony.  Yes, his vertical game was a major strength but he was also excellent in the red zone running the back line or doing corner fades.

I strongly believe that the problem was the major focus on RM by Brady (or the play calling/OC).  In a limited role, even with slightly diminished skills RM may still be quite effective.  His acceptance of a limited role (and salary) would be the larger question.  Training camp (if there is one) should answer that question.  It would also resolve whether last year's production was injury or loss-of-skills related. 

At this point I don't feel that the Pats offense is better without him.  They were pretty good with and without him.  How can replacing RM with two receivers that are basically rookies (Tate & Price) who have proved nothing yet make them a better offense?  Of course, this assumes that the training camps questions are resolved positively.  If not he gets cut.  No harm, no foul.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

[QUOTE]but my question would be, why didn't he perform at his best while under contract here? Most players try to have great seasons in their contract year in order to get extensions/better money. Moss did the opposite, he looked as if he tanked the moment the season began. I won't say he was useless but he sure wasn't the Moss we came to know and love in 2007-2009.Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

The reason is that Randy & BB & Brady knew what the direction the offense was heading...Moss was not going to be able to put up the numbers to warrant a big $$$ resigning contract, plain & simple.  So Randy knew that no matter how hard he worked, how hard he played, it wouldn't = a long term big $$$ contract.  BB & Moss talked at the beginning of the season as professionals and mutual friends to discuss this & BB was being generous to Randy to trade him (like Randy thought it would allow him to get a big $$$ contract) but at the sme time I think BB knew the truth (and kept it to himself) that it wasn't gonna happen in NE or from any other team & got the best deal for hte Patriots organization in the trade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I cannot believe all the Moss hate.  Moss and Perkins thrown under the buss as soon as they leave Btown.  Granted, Moss burned some bridges which I understand as to the hate.  As far as being done; however, no way.  Not even close to the player he used to be, but if he just learned to play a role versus being a numnber 1  WR, he would fit that role very well IMP.  Not a true burner anymore he can still stretch the field with the best of them, and as others stated - a great redzone threat.  Problem is would he be willing to play as a number 2-3 WR... not sure he'd accept that role just yet if ever. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Dessalines, I agree with much of what you are saying but I don't agree that RM was a one trick pony.  Yes, his vertical game was a major strength but he was also excellent in the red zone running the back line or doing corner fades. I strongly believe that the problem was the major focus on RM by Brady (or the play calling/OC).  In a limited role, even with slightly diminished skills RM may still be quite effective.  His acceptance of a limited role (and salary) would be the larger question.  Training camp (if there is one) should answer that question.  It would also resolve whether last year's production was injury or loss-of-skills related.  At this point I don't feel that the Pats offense is better without him.  They were pretty good with and without him.  How can replacing RM with two receivers that are basically rookies (Tate & Price) who have proved nothing yet make them a better offense?  Of course, this assumes that the training camps questions are resolved positively.  If not he gets cut.  No harm, no foul.
    Posted by jonbam[/QUOTE]

Okay jonbam, I'll take the one trick pony remark back but I still think the PATS offense after he was gone was better than it was going to be if he stayed and I think my comments about his decline over time are valid.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Randy Moss Done? : What? Who hates Moss and Perkins? For me, it was Perkins being a good defender and rebounder, but frustrating on offense, especially watch him take an hour to finish off a layup or drunk.  He also had terrible hands. Not a knock, but many Celts fans actually acted like he was Robert Parish in his prime because they attached the 17th banner with him on the floor. It's the same kind of logic Pats fan use when they see Seymour not on the field here and then proclaim he's worth 12 million per year.  Laughable. As for Moss, he'll be 34.  I don;t know what you want. The Pats rode that train as far as it would go and Moss blew it. Absolutely blew it and I totally believe he regrets what he did. Great player, future HOFer, gald he played here, thanks for the memories, enjoyed watching him play, thanks for 2007, etc.  Moving on from that and admitting certain players peaked here is not bashing.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    I agree with everything you just said.  There are some posts that just shyt on their heads though.  And trust me I do not want Moss back, but I won't say he's done either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I had no problem with him still he became a crying baby, his action on the feild not running hard  when he knew he wasnt getting the ball and his post game press conference was uncalled for.Actions mean more then words  sometimes.Iam not talking about any other year except for 2010 he was under contract should have kept his mouth shut and played like he wanted to be here,if he did that he probally would have had an extention.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

Brady was under contract as well but he got his money, and don't give me some B.S. about the QB being more important. Did Tom Brady lead the Patriots to the Super Bowl last year? Thought so.
    [QUOTE] He was still under contract and should have went out and played for a extention instead of being a moody b*tch he is when he doesnt get what he wants.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Brady didnt  going crying to the press and act like a baby he went out and did his job as normal.

25. This post has been removed.