In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to brazilnut's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

Tampa,has reportedly offered their 2014 first and second round picks for Revis.  Do Jets make this trade?

In a heart beat. 

I can't believe Tampa would offer that much.

Yeah, seems like a lot for a guy with a big salary (and ego) and coming off an ACL Injury.  

u forgot "who happens to be the best shut down corner since deon sanders"

im a big fan of revis, but he is not better than champ bailey in his prime.

oh yes he is...no one shuts down the opponents no 1 receiver one on one better since deon-he simply takes them out of the game plan or at the very least neutralizes them...and like deon not many qbs challenge him

no way was bailey revis's equal as a shut down corner-and revis plays at a time more favorable to the receivers where almost any close play is a flag 

Sure, except he grabs more jersey than any CB in the league and for some reason doesn't draw flags.

Face it, the guy lives off a rep from a great year in 2009.  He cheats and gets away with it.  Doesn't make him this otherworldly, consitent player and his zone coverage sucks. Christ, Welker toasted him on a route in 2011.

exactly. the guy gets away with more pushing and grabbing than any other cb in the league. im not saying revis wouldnt be able to play without doing that, but that obviously helps. i mean, just look at what that kind of stuff did to the colts back in the early 2000's. when corners are allowed to bump the receivers and grab them, it is so much harder on the qb.

jints is right that its impressive to be shut down corner in this day in age where there is so much more passing and more rules to hurt the cornerback's chances...but if you are getting away with riding the receiver down the field, it really isnt THAT impressive.

sure rusty....funny how u agree with "exactly" just like...well urself  ; )

how do you expect me to even have a civil conversation on here with you when you keep making these lame accusations? im not rusty, everyone with a brain knows that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Is Revis heade to Tampa Bay?

Tampa,has reportedly offered their 2014 first and second round picks for Revis.  Do Jets make this trade?

In a heart beat. 

Yeah, seems like a lot for a guy with a big salary (and ego) and coming off an ACL Injury.  

oh yes he is...no one shuts down the opponents no 1 receiver one on one better since deon-he simply takes them out of the game plan or at the very least neutralizes them...and like deon not many qbs challenge him

no way was bailey revis's equal as a shut down corner-and revis plays at a time more favorable to the receivers where almost any close play is a flag 

Sure, except he grabs more jersey than any CB in the league and for some reason doesn't draw flags.

Face it, the guy lives off a rep from a great year in 2009.  He cheats and gets away with it.  Doesn't make him this otherworldly, consitent player and his zone coverage sucks. Christ, Welker toasted him on a route in 2011.

of course while we are talking about grabbing, holding, hell MUGGING...lets talk about that early 2000 pats defense especially vs the colts...jeez they made the nj devils look like they had slippery fingers

see how "cheating" makes you great?

i am talking to u on both ur accounts here rusty so answer with either

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In a heart beat. 

of course while we are talking about grabbing, holding, hell MUGGING...lets talk about that early 2000 pats defense especially vs the colts...jeez they made the nj devils look like they had slippery fingers

wow....you are are so unbelievably dense

anyways, yes i eluded to the fact that its easier to play corner when you are allowed to be physical with the receiver. and yes, the pats had a big advantage against the colts when they were allowed to be physical with the colts receivers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In a heart beat. 

Of course he isn't. He hasn't even hit Ty Law level yet.   I honestly haven't seen a more overrated positional player in years. Jay Cutler and Darrelle Revis.  Each thinks they are better than they are and are totally overpaid to boot.

oh queenie dry up...revis is better by himself than ur whole current defensive backfield and ty law couldn't shine his jock as a pure cover one on one-the best since sanders as a shut down cb and the best in the business when healthy-takes the opponents top wr out of the game single-handedly

of course if he was a patriot we all know he would be the greatest cb in history and bellichick a genius for drafting him...right?

revis is very good, if you are going to ask who would I rather have on my team, revis or champ bailey in his prime, id take bailey in his prime every time. same goes with ty law, ty law changed games because you not only had to be fearful of him picking you off, you had to fear him taking it to the house. much like sanders, but sanders is in a class of his own obviously. i just think you would be foolish to want revis over champ bailey in his prime or even ty law in his prime.

not even close-sanders is in a class by himself but only b/c he did it for longer and was on great teams...if revis returns healthy and has 4-5 more yrs like he was he will be in deon territory

bailey at least u have a slight argument-ty law? he isn't in the same area code that is how much better revis is than he was...and doing it with today's rules against the receivers with the speed and atleticism they have? no contest- law would be further compromised and exposed

u guys only mention law b/c he was a patriot he doesnt really belong in this discussion atall

he may be a jet and it's painful for u to say but revis has no peer today as a one on one shut down cb

revis will never be in sanders' category, sorry to burst your bubble. and 2nd, law was great because he made alot of his big plays in the playoffs, against the best of the best. picking off peyton three times in one game, etc...

also i dont give a sh.it if hes a jet, revis is a great player, im not afraid to admit that.....but you just overrate him.

ty law doesnt belong in this conversation and would only be here on a pats board nowhere else-sorry to burst ur bubble

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In a heart beat. 

exactly. the guy gets away with more pushing and grabbing than any other cb in the league. im not saying revis wouldnt be able to play without doing that, but that obviously helps. i mean, just look at what that kind of stuff did to the colts back in the early 2000's. when corners are allowed to bump the receivers and grab them, it is so much harder on the qb.

jints is right that its impressive to be shut down corner in this day in age where there is so much more passing and more rules to hurt the cornerback's chances...but if you are getting away with riding the receiver down the field, it really isnt THAT impressive.

sure rusty....funny how u agree with "exactly" just like...well urself  ; )

how do you expect me to even have a civil conversation on here with you when you keep making these lame accusations? im not rusty, everyone with a brain knows that.

exactly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In a heart beat. 

wow....you are are so unbelievably dense

anyways, yes i eluded to the fact that its easier to play corner when you are allowed to be physical with the receiver. and yes, the pats had a big advantage against the colts when they were allowed to be physical with the colts receivers.

exactly   :  )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In a heart beat. 

jets take a 12 mil cap hit i believe if tehy trrade him. shoudl let him walk next year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In a heart beat. 

Of course he isn't. He hasn't even hit Ty Law level yet.   I honestly haven't seen a more overrated positional player in years. Jay Cutler and Darrelle Revis.  Each thinks they are better than they are and are totally overpaid to boot.

oh queenie dry up...revis is better by himself than ur whole current defensive backfield and ty law couldn't shine his jock as a pure cover one on one-the best since sanders as a shut down cb and the best in the business when healthy-takes the opponents top wr out of the game single-handedly

of course if he was a patriot we all know he would be the greatest cb in history and bellichick a genius for drafting him...right?

revis is very good, if you are going to ask who would I rather have on my team, revis or champ bailey in his prime, id take bailey in his prime every time. same goes with ty law, ty law changed games because you not only had to be fearful of him picking you off, you had to fear him taking it to the house. much like sanders, but sanders is in a class of his own obviously. i just think you would be foolish to want revis over champ bailey in his prime or even ty law in his prime.

not even close-sanders is in a class by himself but only b/c he did it for longer and was on great teams...if revis returns healthy and has 4-5 more yrs like he was he will be in deon territory

bailey at least u have a slight argument-ty law? he isn't in the same area code that is how much better revis is than he was...and doing it with today's rules against the receivers with the speed and atleticism they have? no contest- law would be further compromised and exposed

u guys only mention law b/c he was a patriot he doesnt really belong in this discussion atall

he may be a jet and it's painful for u to say but revis has no peer today as a one on one shut down cb

Went too far here. Revis is a great corner, but will never be a Deion sanders. Sorry, no comparison. I see a lot of similarities between law and revis. In fact, I would consider them on the same level. Champ bailey just a step below both. 

obviously you have some type of a man crush on revis. I don't understand why other than you hate the pats more than you like the jets. Nothing else to explain why a giants fan lives on a pats board. Still very weird. 

Your analysis and contribution sometimes are good here, but more often than not, your just waiting in the wings until a poster says something you don't like then it gives you reason to proclaim how great the giants are and rub the 2 sb's in our faces. that is really your true motivation for being here..,to gloat. 

It gets old. Great job! You beat us, congrats ...does that make you feel better about yourself ?

Sections
Shortcuts