Is Rob Gronkowski bound to be the best TE in the NFL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Is Rob Gronkowski bound to be the best TE in the NFL?

By the end of next year?  2-3 years?  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Is Rob Gronkowski bound to be the best TE in the NFL?

He already is IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rob Gronkowski bound to be the best TE in the NFL?:
    He already is IMO
    Posted by tcal2-

... I'll accept that argument.  He's only getting better...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I wouldn't say he is the best yet but he's one of the top 3 all around TE's this year. It's hard to believe someone can be such a complete player between being a force on the line as well as catching the ball. If he can continue to develop there is no doubt in my mind that he will be the best all around TE which is scary since Hernandez has the potential to develop into the best hybrid (WR/TE) TE in the league within a couple of years too

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Rediculous.... the guys rookie year and you ask if he is to be the best ever. Get a life doofus.Yell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he looks it. Forget about Witten now

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

Brady is not throwing to him enough

watch the replays..

Gronkowski is open downfield consistently...Brady needs to target him more

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Brady is not throwing to him enough

In Response to Brady is not throwing to him enough:
    watch the replays.. Gronkowski is open downfield consistently...Brady needs to target him more
    Posted by carbonflow

he is still a rookie and Brady still has Welker or Branch to look for. Gronk will put his work in and get his looks, which will increase the more he comes through with big plays. Gronk also has another amazing rookie TE in Hernandez who has more YAC potential down in the open field. But honestly Gronk has shown that in 2-3 years his name could be up there with guys like Clark.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

2 more TD's and a few nice blocks, like the one on Woodhead's TD run.  The dude is the complete package.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Watching some of his highlights after we drafted him I couldn't believe what I was seeing; a guy that is huge, athletic, fast and strong. So far it has all transferred to the big leagues...hope he can stay healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

If you factor in Gronkowski's blocking ability as well as Receiver and Yards after catch he already is the best. He won't get the respect this year because he's a rookie but the media is going to be Bleauing him next year. This guy is the next Mark Bavaro and he's only a rookie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

To me, he is.  Let's see if he can stay healthy.  Should be one of the best, for sure.  More importantly, He and Hernandez gave this team what it needed on offense, and Gronk is certainly the most COMPLETE tight end I have seen.  His block on the Woodhead run for a TD was MANLY.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

He will be perfect for the cold weather in Foxboro in January.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rob Gronkowski bound to be the best TE in the NFL?:
    If you factor in Gronkowski's blocking ability as well as Receiver and Yards after catch he already is the best. He won't get the respect this year because he's a rookie but the media is going to be Bleauing him next year. This guy is the next Mark Bavaro and he's only a rookie.
    Posted by Rerun85

He up their but Gates has become a really solid blocker over the past few seasons and we know he the best receiving TE. So as of now i think Gates is better but Gronk is so young and will get a lot better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Red zone? Yes. 

All-around? I think we need to stop living in the moment. I wouldn't take him over Dallas Clark, Jason Witten or Antonio Gates.  

Sections
Shortcuts