Is Russell Wilson changing the game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Is Russell Wilson changing the game?

Video on NFL . com.

1. Was that not a topic last post season with Kaepernick?

2. Was not a topic last season with Griffin III?

3. Was that not a topic two seasons ago with Newton?

4. If I looked at NFL articles from a few years ago and changed a few names, could I have a sidejob as an NFL writer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Is Russell Wilson changing the game?

I have already heard multiple times that Seattle is now a dynasty...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nah, he's just the best pro of that class. He's the smarter than Luck, has a bigger arm than Newton and he's just as athletic as RG3.

He's the most humbled, hardworking and has the most of the three too. RG3's ego got inflated, Luck is the most pampered QB I've seen since Peyton and Newton, like RG3, needs to be humbled.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

If Flacco is worth $20 million what is Wilson worth? Younger, smarter and less ego.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Wilson is unique in the Tarkenton mode. He scrambles to pass, he'll run as a last resort. People think Tarkenton was a runner, not true. He scrambled, always looking downfield, that why he lasted so long.
    Also kid has great intelligence, he's good. I like him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wilson is unique in the Tarkenton mode. He scrambles to pass, he'll run as a last resort. People think Tarkenton was a runner, not true. He scrambled, always looking downfield, that why he lasted so long.
    Also kid has great intelligence, he's good. I like him.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

When I see Wilson I always think what would have happened in Flutie actually got a chance to play in the NFL.

Very similar styles.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is called the "flavor of the week".  Next season when the Pats and the O, led by Brady, take off, it will be the return of the "pocket passer"!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When I see Wilson I always think what would have happened in Flutie actually got a chance to play in the NFL.

Very similar styles.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but Wilson is a better passer and a better scrambler. A better athlete all the way around.

i don't think Wilson is changing the game, but like others mentioned above, he brings the mobility factor that is hard to account for when you have a slow defense like Denver's or the pats Or an overly aggressive defense that doesn't contain and let's a guy like Wilson slip outside. 

Combine that style with a fierce defense and you have a winning combo. Lynch, Tate, Baldwin, harvin aren't bad to have either. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Video on NFL . com.

1. Was that not a topic last post season with Kaepernick?

2. Was not a topic last season with Griffin III?

3. Was that not a topic two seasons ago with Newton?

4. If I looked at NFL articles from a few years ago and changed a few names, could I have a sidejob as an NFL writer?

[/QUOTE]

I just don't think anyone should be confusing Wilson, or really any of these guys for "running quarterbacks". I mean they obviously all can run very very well, but unlike "running quarterbacks" of years past, these guys (at least a couple of them) appear to actually be quarterbacks who happen to be able to run too.

I never liked Mike Vick, I thought he wasn't a passer, I thought he was dumb and I thought he was very beatable. Donovan McNab played in a nice system and started out well before he just started to think it was all about him and his strong arm was going to win everything for him and his ego. Unfortunately for Donovan we all found out that making good decisions with the ball was more like a hobby for him, rather part of a job requirement.

All these new guys will rise and fall over the next few years...Luck, Kaepernick, RG3, Wilson, Newton...I can guarantee that. There will be injuries to their offenses, they will lose players, they will lose confidence, they will have to come back from devastating injuries, etc. We will find out who survives. It's why I like Brady so much - he has never really had a bad year - all the adversity that guy has faced over the years and he is still always in the discussion of being the best QB in the league. It's pretty amazing when you think about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I'll take Wilson over all of the new young guns, reason, he makes the plays when you absolutely need them. He keeps his poise. The good ones always do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The average football fan has the attention span of a mayfly.