Is San Francisco becoming the Boston of the early 2000's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Is San Francisco becoming the Boston of the early 2000's?

Two World Series', and now a Super Bowl appearance in the past three years. A victory in two weeks along with a young team with a lot of good draft picks could mean a similar dominance in the coming years. Boston has had one of the greatest runs for any city over the past 12 years. My fear is that all of it is winding down at the same time. Of all the teams, the Patriots are still the biggest threat to win, but it also seems stange that among all the teams--injuries seem to be playing a biggr and bigger role. Look at the Red Sox and Celtics. Age is coming on, time to get ahead of this, which means opening the check books OR committing totally to rebuilding, which does not go well in this city. The Patriots are the closest. We need a big WR, sign Talib, and get SOMETHING resembling a pass rush. Osi? The Sox and Celtics are further away, and have deeper needs IMO. The Bruins I know nothing about because I've never been a hockey fan. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Is San Francisco becoming the Boston of the early 2000's?

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Two World Series', and now a Super Bowl appearance in the past three years. A victory in two weeks along with a young team with a lot of good draft picks could mean a similar dominance in the coming years. Boston has had one of the greatest runs for any city over the past 12 years. My fear is that all of it is winding down at the same time. Of all the teams, the Patriots are still the biggest threat to win, but it also seems stange that among all the teams--injuries seem to be playing a biggr and bigger role. Look at the Red Sox and Celtics. Age is coming on, time to get ahead of this, which means opening the check books OR committing totally to rebuilding, which does not go well in this city. The Patriots are the closest. We need a big WR, sign Talib, and get SOMETHING resembling a pass rush. Osi? The Sox and Celtics are further away, and have deeper needs IMO. The Bruins I know nothing about because I've never been a hockey fan. 

Do they have a hockey and basketball team that will also win championships?  What the city of Boston did will never be repeated.  Boston was the 1st city to win championships in all 4 major sports in less than 10 years. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Do they have a hockey and basketball team that will also win championships?  What the city of Boston did will never be repeated.  Boston was the 1st city to win championships in all 4 major sports in less than 10 years. 

True, but the main thrust of my question is in the idea that having been at the top, I'm concerned that all the teams are deteriorating at once, with the Patriots still being the obvious strongest. If things go back to "normal" around Boston, it's going to result in a big letdown, and we're already seeing the backlash of it in the complaining of the past 15 hours on here. So many championships around here, it's almost expected, and you're a bum if you don't win it. But you're right in that a city like SF is at a disadvantage because of having only two teams that really challenge for a championship of any kind. I'm just saying combined with the two they have since 2010, they have the makings of bringing home 2-3 more trophies in the near future with only two teams in the running. Boston brought in 7 with 4 teams. But be that as it may, I hope they beat the Ravens.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The big difference for the Boston sports teams within the past decade is that they currently have owners who care about winning and are willing to spend the money.  As long as the Krafts are the owners of the Patriots they should be successful.  Although, they definitely need to find a replacement for Brady soon.  Not sure how many good years he has left.   The Red Sox owners proved they were very interested in winning and spent the money necessary to win.  They were very successful in their first few years of owning the Red Sox.  The current Celtics owners are also interested in winning and unlike the prior owners care about winning.  They proved this by winning a championship within five years of owning the Celtics. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

The big difference for the Boston sports teams within the past decade is that they currently have owners who care about winning and are willing to spend the money.  As long as the Krafts are the owners of the Patriots they should be successful.  Although, they definitely need to find a replacement for Brady soon.  Not sure how many good years he has left.   The Red Sox owners proved they were very interested in winning and spent the money necessary to win.  They were very successful in their first few years of owning the Red Sox.  The current Celtics owners are also interested in winning and unlike the prior owners care about winning.  They proved this by winning a championship within five years of owning the Celtics. 

kraft spends money?

Sections
Shortcuts