Is Sebastian Vollmer the new LT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

Is Sebastian Vollmer the new LT?

Can anyone tell me how he played.  I missed the game.  I saw this kid close up doing some shopping a couple months ago. He is a mountain of a man.  Made me feel small and I am 6'4 260lbs.  Would love to see him develop into out LT of the future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Re: Is Sebastian Vollmer the new LT?

I didn't get to view the game as I would have liked, but I would venture a guess that having your first start at LT resulting in a 59-0 victory for the Home Team might look plenty fine on a Resume. Attaboy, Sea-bass !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I like Matt  and it is good to know we have the left Tackle of the futur for the Pats!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wobbith. Show wobbith's posts

In Response to Is Sebastian Vollmer the new LT?:
    Can anyone tell me how he played.  I missed the game.  I saw this kid close up doing some shopping a couple months ago. He is a mountain of a man.  Made me feel small and I am 6'4 260lbs.  Would love to see him develop into out LT of the future.
    Posted by soxfan33928

Vollmer was awesome today.
    Brady even praised him in his postgame press conference.
    But the job belongs to Light until further notice.
    Vollmer will be a starter for someone next year, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

It's a good question? This is Matt's job but not as much as it was yesterday. It'll be interesting to see if they don't try to fit him in somehow.

Good game Sea-Bass

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

its matt light's job unless he has a couple really really bad games in a row... but its good to see we have a good backup LT who could take the job sooner or later

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

In Response to Re: Is Sebastian Vollmer the new LT?:
    If Vollmer does well Light will be moved to RT where he belongs
    Posted by ricky12684

Well I couldn't agree more! I think it is just like I said a couple of weeks ago, Matt will be replaced and then used as a back up maybe the right side. This guy (Sea-Bass) also threw a couple of tremendous shots out there leveling a guy and if you watch the replay (DVR) you will see him throw a block and then shift to the middle and open up a gaping hole that Maroney used for his TD run! Ef M.L.. I guess I owe Maroney an apology for calling him a dancer,maybe all he needed was some blocking to get him thru the line and into the Defensive back field where he is really dangerous.

Watching the Pats break huddle you see Vollmer and Mankins side by side they look like a dynamic duo, a powerhouse left side !

"Kick his bass Sea-Bass! "

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Vollmer looked very good, especially considering the conditions. He pulled and led Maroney through the hole on the TD run. He looked very mobile, if not agile, for a man of his size. If he continues to develop this way, the left side will be the Pats strong side with him and Mankins. Light may well move to the right side alongside Neal, with Kazcur becoming a swing man. That would give them great depth.
    Brady, et al, looked great yesterday. The conditions helped the Pats since they are used to playing in that weather every year. That's why they have the record they have in cold and snowy weather. Toss in the hapless play of the Titans and you have the blowout.
    I take the effort with a grain of salt, but I am encouraged that Brady was hitting his targets so consistently, which he had struggled to do since his great fourth quarter in the Buffalo game. The flea-flicker to Moss was a thing of beauty and a nearly perfect pass. BJGE sold the run completely and made a nice toss back to Brady in a crowd.
    The return of the screen game was nice to see, too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

I think that the media overstated the Pats advantage in snow games by saying that the Patriots are use to playing in snowy conditions.  The fact is, that most of the players are new (2yrs experience or less playing for this team).  Also, New England is not the only place where the weather is bad.  Therefore players on other teams should be use to playing in snowy weather too, when they play other teams like New York, Pittsburgh, Philly etc...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

The field condtions really slowed the game down, which benefited Vollmer.  The jury is out on Vollmer until we can see him under ideal playing conditions. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

its lights job this year when he is healthy.his contract is up after the season.which means he wont be back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Moss is right, Matt Light will be back at LT when healthy.

Sea-Bass has played LT and RT for the Pats so far.  Better idea is to start him at RT when Light comes back to give him experience.  He's a better option than Kazcur anyways.

Matt Light is signed through 2010 at a rather high cap figure of $5.5m for 2009 and around $5m for 2010.  Maybe they move Light to RT with Sea-Bass moving to LT in the offseason, even at that cap figure. 

S Neal is a FA after this season and they could possibly move Kaczur to RG as they both have cap figures around $3.5m and the Pats would just say goodby to Neal as he's 3 years older than Kaczur and has too many injury problems in recent years. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

New O Line

Can we afford Mankins...?

How about this for a line

LT; Vollmer

LG; Kaczur

CT; Koppen

RG; Neal

RT; Le Voir/Light (if he takes a discount) If not i think Le Voir is a great replacement as he is much bigger than Light and performed better than Kaczur at times last year in spot duty

Having two pass protecting tackles on the left side would be great for there blocking schemes on passing plays they could even switch up Vollmer and Kaczur to give the illusion of the run on passing downs 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

so far this past draft is lookg great for pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Free Agents on the O Line in 2010. I would like to see Mankins signed. The interesting thing is that the Pats signed Kazcur to a multi-year deal. I believe that Vollmer is the future, but we still have to see how well he plays against a very good defensive line (Indy, for example....with Mathis and Freeney healthy) under normal conditions. Either way having depth on an O Line that needs to protect Brady is a good thing. I also thought that Vollmer (after getting all SWC/Big 12 ?  honors) was rising during the draft on alot of boards. Some said the Cowpokes would have selected him with their 3rd round pick in the 2009 draft. I could see Light and Vollmer as the bookends (this year or in 2010). Does Kazcur become RG or is does he become depth for the O Line if that happens ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

one thing i noticed was that the few times when the titans got pressure on brady it was straight up the middle, never vollmer's man. they did give him help with a TE or RB on a lot of passing plays, but he seemed to hold up really well in the passing game. and in the run game he was very strong, which makes sense because its easier for rookies to pick up. i'm excited about the guy; i think he's going to be a cornerstone of the line for years to come.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

I'd like to keep Mankins as LG and try to upgrade the RG and RT positions this offseason. 
    Vollmer looks great -- I wasn't watching him -- but aside from a cheap headbutt on Brady, there was no pressure from TEN defense - and he had no penalties or obviously blown assignments.  when your team scores 59 points, Vollmer was good nuff to win by 59! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

Vollmer is the Teuton at Tackle, Frederick Barbarossa reincarnated. He is kampfbereit,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Vollmer handled Vanden-Bosch.

The Titans can still rush the passer, and they did get pressure on Brady. But Vollmer held his own against a very good edge rusher.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

when the pats drafted this kid, i had no idea who he was... did some research and fell in love with him when i saw this video

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I disagree with the notion that Light is entitled to LT position.  If there is one thing we have learned from BB over the years is that no one is guaranteed anything especially when returning from injury.  Just ask Drew Bledsoe if you don't believe me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Re: Is Sebastian Vollmer the new LT?:
    The field condtions really slowed the game down, which benefited Vollmer.  The jury is out on Vollmer until we can see him under ideal playing conditions. 
    Posted by gfkr2
    Strange IMO the field conditions affect every player the same, unless of course they play predominately in those conditions. Vollmer played admirably. He was pulling on both Maroney's run and Faulk's screen. He was consistantly 20 to 25 yards downfield blocking. For a big man he has great balance, foot work, the ability to run, plus he plays with an attitude. Matt  light is one of my favorite Patriots but Matt will have a difficult job returning to the left side. He will play on the right side as you pointed out.

Sections
Shortcuts