Is Shanahan gone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Is Shanahan gone?

3-12.....Snyder fire him? Is it fair?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Is Shanahan gone?

been speculated if he stays. Offensive coaches and defensive coaches might be on the chopping block. May be a matter of $$$ that keeps him there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

been speculated if he stays. Offensive coaches and defensive coaches might be on the chopping block. May be a matter of $$$ that keeps him there.

[/QUOTE]

it ain't working between him and RG3 on any level which will probably mean the end for him...he hasn't done much there anyway overall

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Like BB, Shanahan benefited from one of the luckiest draft picks in history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Good thing Parcells drafted Brady, and the rest of our super bowl teams. BB always gets bad players, like Rodney, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Ted Washington, Vrabel, Branch, welker, Moss, Gronk, Hern, Mayo, nink, Mccourty, Vollmer, Solder, Mankins and just a whole bunch of bad players. Know what I mean?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

He did benefit from a guy named Elway, and heaven forbid a RB named Davis.

Without Davis neither Shanahan or Elway would have won a SB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Good thing Parcells drafted Brady, and the rest of our super bowl teams. BB always gets bad players, like Rodney, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Ted Washington, Vrabel, Branch, welker, Moss, Gronk, Hern, Mayo, nink, Mccourty, Vollmer, Solder, Mankins and just a whole bunch of bad players. Know what I mean?

[/QUOTE]

I never said BB hasn't made some good choices. He's like most, mediocre; he certainly isn't the best team-builder of all-time.

If Parcells had drafted Brady, he would have been just as luckyas BB was. Lucky is lucky.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Davis, like Brady, was a 6th round pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never said BB hasn't made some good choices. He's like most, mediocre; he certainly isn't the best team-builder of all-time.

If Parcells had drafted Brady, he would have been just as luckyas BB was. Lucky is lucky.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear ya. Bill Belichick isn't very good. He's just very lucky. You have a strong grasp of reality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear ya. Bill Belichick isn't very good. He's just very lucky. You have a strong grasp of reality.

[/QUOTE]

He's nothing special as a GM. That's been well shown. As a HC he's great. And yeah, Brady was probably the luckiest pick in NFL history. BB hit the Power-ball on that one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Davis is a RB they dont count.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Davis is a RB they dont count.

[/QUOTE]

Shanahan ran that guy into the ground.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sure did, also the O-Line was darn good too. I always felt like Shanahan was overated.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's nothing special as a GM. That's been well shown. As a HC he's great. And yeah, Brady was probably the luckiest pick in NFL history. BB hit the Power-ball on that one.

[/QUOTE]

Actually exactly opposite has been shown. He avoids paying top dollar contracts to unproven college players, instead signing value picks which allows him to build depth across the board. Perhaps you have noticed Brady is having his worst statistical season since 2002 and we have lost starters, pro bowl starters on offense and defense but we are about to be 12-4 and have our 4rth 1st round bye in a row.

If BB can't get good talent, then why do we have 4-7 pro bowlers on this team every year? Ahh, don't even answer that. His team building skills have been well documented. If you don't know,  it's because you don't care to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Listen listen truechamp...the positive to my negative...the yin to my yang, you don't have to go running into every thread ensuring every poster is guzzling Koolaide (damn near choking on the stuff). It's A Ok man! We (the people who want to be objective and may come off a tad bit negative) don't go running around responding to people in the midst of second round draft selection love fests! Do we? I mean if you wanted to sit down with say Ronny Brace for one of those cool yogurts at Orange Leaf (with all sorts of gummie bears on top) I wouldn't walk over and rain on your parade, now would I? Then again there is the chance Brace might eat me or I'd have to pick him up after a waitress accidently knocked him over by brushing up against him.

You get what I'm saying, right truestofchamps? Now go to the fridge and treat yourself to some eggnog and toast!! To the "where are they now?" draft selections of second round past!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Listen listen truechamp...the positive to my negative...the yin to my yang, you don't have to go running into every thread ensuring every poster is guzzling Koolaide (damn near choking on the stuff). It's A Ok man! We (the people who want to be objective and may come off a tad bit negative) don't go running around responding to people in the midst of second round draft selection love fests! Do we? I mean if you wanted to sit down with say Ronny Brace for one of those cool yogurts at Orange Leaf (with all sorts of gummie bears on top) I wouldn't walk over and rain on your parade, now would I? Then again there is the chance Brace might eat me or I'd have to pick him up after a waitress accidently knocked him over by brushing up against him.

You get what I'm saying, right truestofchamps? Now go to the fridge and treat yourself to some eggnog and toast!! To the "where are they now?" draft selections of second round past!

[/QUOTE]

You just keep fighting the good fight, and tell the tale of failure that is Bill Belichick....at least you and babe have each other! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Truechamp, I love Belichick...seriously I do, but Belichick is on record as saying he's made more mistakes than anyone and he's right. As much as I love him I'm not going to pretend he's built this team to a Championship level over the last five years, because he hasn't. And it's ok, there is no one I'd rather have, but to pretend that some of these players are better than they are is silly too me. To pretend that we didn't have more draft selections over the last five years than anyone - when we did - and did as well as we should of is BS too me. And to think we signed nearly 100 free agents (for over 100 million) in that time span, yet have to bring guys in during the regular season from taco bell, is poor in my mind. Would I hire Belichick as a GM if I was starting an organization? If it meant he would be my head coach, yup. If it meant he would only be the GM, nope.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Truechamp, I love Belichick...seriously I do, but Belichick is on record as saying he's made more mistakes than anyone and he's right. As much as I love him I'm not going to pretend he's built this team to a Championship level over the last five years, because he hasn't. And it's ok, there is no one I'd rather have, but to pretend that some of these players are better than they are is silly too me. To pretend that we didn't have more draft selections over the last five years than anyone - when we did - and did as well as we should of is BS too me. And to think we signed nearly 100 free agents (for over 100 million) in that time span, yet have to bring guys in during the regular season from taco bell, is poor in my mind. Would I hire Belichick as a GM if I was starting an organization? If it meant he would be my head coach, yup. If it meant he would only be the GM, nope.

[/QUOTE]

"You can't say he's built this team to a championship level for the last 5 years"???? Um, yes, yes we can say that because it is a fact. We played in 2 championships in the last 5 years. You can't just say it didn't happen.We all saw the games. So, of course he's built championship caliber teams.

And of course BB makes mistakes, but they all do. You 2 guys have taken your warped opinion to an irritational level. Your anger blinds you from truth. To sit here amd tell people that the Gronk pick is not great, or Mayo, etc. Etc. It shows that you are not being truthful with yourselves.  If BB is doing as well or better then almost all other GMs then he is great. If Ozzie newsome, and maybe the Rooneys are the only guys whom a case could be made for as being better, then isn't that phenomenal?  

Of course I realize this debate is a waste of time, anybody who would even consider trying to paint Gronkowski as being anything less then a great pick isn't worth the effort.. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!... bite him in his flabby ol' buttisimo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"You can't say he's built this team to a championship level for the last 5 years"???? Um, yes, yes we can say that because it is a fact. We played in 2 championships in the last 5 years. You can't just say it didn't happen.We all saw the games. So, of course he's built championship caliber teams.

And of course BB makes mistakes, but they all do. You 2 guys have taken your warped opinion to an irritational level. Your anger blinds you from truth. To sit here amd tell people that the Gronk pick is not great, or Mayo, etc. Etc. It shows that you are not being truthful with yourselves.  If BB is doing as well or better then almost all other GMs then he is great. If Ozzie newsome, and maybe the Rooneys are the only guys whom a case could be made for as being better, then isn't that phenomenal?  

Of course I realize this debate is a waste of time, anybody who would even consider trying to paint Gronkowski as being anything less then a great pick isn't worth the effort.. 

[/QUOTE]

That's why the naysayers have been employed as professional GM's in the NFL since, well, FOREVER, right guys?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

why the stupid cheap shot at Elway? He carried three crap teams to SB on his back...and as great as Davis was he had two great WR and a HOF TE to throw to...he was also that entire organizations heart and soul...what u trying to prop up Brady by cherry pick slagging Elway? Hell Brady might have one or no rings without Adam Vinitieri

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady. That is all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady. That is all.

[/QUOTE]

TC is knowledgeable and sane for the most part but when it comes to BB he has a case of Rustyitis

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady. That is all.

[/QUOTE]

TC is knowledgeable and sane for the most part but when it comes to BB he has a case of Rustyitis

[/QUOTE]

Thats what happens when your coach/talent evaluator gets you to 5 super bowls, 7 afc championship games, and the most wins in the league over that time....which is 13 years by the way. 

Hey I'm bored, tell me what happened to your Giants this year. Babe says you guys have a better GM then BB, so did coaching fail? Coughlin seems like one heck of a coach to me. Did you guys cut Eli or something?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady. That is all.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats what happens when your coach/talent evaluator gets you to 5 super bowls, 7 afc championship games, and the most wins in the league over that time....which is 13 years by the way. 

Hey I'm bored, tell me what happened to your Giants this year. Babe says you guys have a better GM then BB, so did coaching fail? Coughlin seems like one heck of a coach to me. Did you guys cut Eli or something?

[/QUOTE]

no one is saying the Pats didn't accomplish these things; the argument is why and who had the most to do with it. And in this I agree with Babe and always have: Tom Brady and Bill Bellichick the COACH do-not BB the GM...to me he is like I said earlier a near legendary DC-an all time HC- an average GM...why this is so hard to understand or swallow is beyond me...

Sections
Shortcuts