Is Shanahan gone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Is Shanahan gone?

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

TC is knowledgeable and sane for the most part but when it comes to BB he has a case of Rustyitis

Thats what happens when your coach/talent evaluator gets you to 5 super bowls, 7 afc championship games, and the most wins in the league over that time....which is 13 years by the way. 

Hey I'm bored, tell me what happened to your Giants this year. Babe says you guys have a better GM then BB, so did coaching fail? Coughlin seems like one heck of a coach to me. Did you guys cut Eli or something?

TC you really just don't quite get this. BRADY got us to 5 SBs. BRADY, not f'n BB! BB was not getting us to 5 SBs without the GOAT QB. Without Brady, BB is a career loser HC. Fact!

Eli is hot and cold; always has been. When he's hot he's as good as just about anybody. We have Brady, he's good year after year. It's that simple.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Truechamp, I love Belichick...seriously I do, but Belichick is on record as saying he's made more mistakes than anyone and he's right. As much as I love him I'm not going to pretend he's built this team to a Championship level over the last five years, because he hasn't. And it's ok, there is no one I'd rather have, but to pretend that some of these players are better than they are is silly too me. To pretend that we didn't have more draft selections over the last five years than anyone - when we did - and did as well as we should of is BS too me. And to think we signed nearly 100 free agents (for over 100 million) in that time span, yet have to bring guys in during the regular season from taco bell, is poor in my mind. Would I hire Belichick as a GM if I was starting an organization? If it meant he would be my head coach, yup. If it meant he would only be the GM, nope.

"You can't say he's built this team to a championship level for the last 5 years"???? Um, yes, yes we can say that because it is a fact. We played in 2 championships in the last 5 years. You can't just say it didn't happen.We all saw the games. So, of course he's built championship caliber teams.

Brady. That is all.

TC is knowledgeable and sane for the most part but when it comes to BB he has a case of Rustyitis

Thats what happens when your coach/talent evaluator gets you to 5 super bowls, 7 afc championship games, and the most wins in the league over that time....which is 13 years by the way. 

Hey I'm bored, tell me what happened to your Giants this year. Babe says you guys have a better GM then BB, so did coaching fail? Coughlin seems like one heck of a coach to me. Did you guys cut Eli or something?

no one is saying the Pats didn't accomplish these things; the argument is why and who had the most to do with it. And in this I agree with Babe and always have: Tom Brady and Bill Bellichick the COACH do-not BB the GM...to me he is like I said earlier a near legendary DC-an all time HC- an average GM...why this is so hard to understand or swallow is beyond me...

So, what happened to the giants?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

BB drafted Brady so arguing that Brady carried us to 7 AFC championships and 5 SBs as a shot at BB is dumb.  Babe will try and spin this of course by saying it was luck or that it was only because of Rehbein, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.  Belichick had final say on personnel decisions and Brady was drafted.  The guy who makes the greatest draft pick in NFL history and whose team has won more SBs and games than any other team in the cap era is an average GM.  Hilarious

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Remember all the naysaying negative nancies (aka the "objective fans") were telling us this was the year that all the chickens were coming home to roost with BB's bad personnel decisions yet here we are with a chance to clinch another first round bye.  Now those same fans just default to their tried and true excuse that it's just Brady and that BB has no idea what he is doing.  Funny how that keeps happening every year.  LMAO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Remember all the naysaying negative nancies (aka the "objective fans") were telling us this was the year that all the chickens were coming home to roost with BB's bad personnel decisions yet here we are with a chance to clinch another first round bye.  Now those same fans just default to their tried and true excuse that it's just Brady and that BB has no idea what he is doing.  Funny how that keeps happening every year.  LMAO.

Yeah, but it's also the same guys saying the same things. Sooner or later you realize when 1 guy has 17,000 posts, and 16,500 of them are trying tell all who will listen that BB is a bad GM, then you know what he is.

I almost feel guilty beating up on babe today...almost.  The 32 draft picks thread was a bad one for him, funny stuff!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Yeah, but it's also the same guys saying the same things. Sooner or later you realize when 1 guy has 17,000 posts, and 16,500 of them are trying tell all who will listen that BB is a bad GM, then you know what he is.

I almost feel guilty beating up on babe today...almost.  The 32 draft picks thread was a bad one for him, funny stuff!

he never said bad he said average

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Still no enlightenment on the fall of your gints? Same great QB, same great coach, same great GM.....just like the Patriots.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

BB drafted Brady so arguing that Brady carried us to 7 AFC championships and 5 SBs as a shot at BB is dumb.  Babe will try and spin this of course by saying it was luck or that it was only because of Rehbein, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.  Belichick had final say on personnel decisions and Brady was drafted.  The guy who makes the greatest draft pick in NFL history and whose team has won more SBs and games than any other team in the cap era is an average GM.  Hilarious

PCM ur reaching a bit here. First off that "sign off on all" thing is a bit weak. Bellichick was convinced to draft Brady-he didn't go find him and he wasn't going to draft him-he also didn't play him till he was forced to by injury-if he thought Brady was going to be half of what he became he wouldn't have had waited till the 6th Rd and risk someone taking him. Being honest the football gods smiled on him big time. It's also factual that Bill Parcells made the Pats winners from losers and that he had a hand in building the 01-04 Pats especially the D-once they aged and left the Pats D has not been anything to brag about and melts in the clutch and Bellichick has been spotty-to put it kindly-at drafting db and pass rushers and he has been horrid on wr...ie: he didn't exactly build the SB teams...and no one has managed to explain his record with and without Tom Brady where the comparison is stark...the Pats benefit greatly from Bill Bellichick the COACH as he and Tom Brady make up for the average ability of Bill Bellichick the GM...i asked a question TC never answered maybe u will: would u hire Bellichick to build ur team as a GM ONLY not to coach it? Can u say yes and justify it based on his record of drafting and signing players?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Still no enlightenment on the fall of your gints? Same great QB, same great coach, same great GM.....just like the Patriots.

I can't give u one hard and fast reason....got to see how the off season plays out but I will say the injuries to key players, some bad luck and indifference / complacency which equals underachieving...what the percentage if each and what needs to be done we will see...personally I think a shake up at OC and DC might be needed...us it time for Coughlin to go? I don't believe so but it has to be asked...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I can't give u one hard and fast reason....got to see how the off season plays out but I will say the injuries to key players, some bad luck and indifference / complacency which equals underachieving...what the percentage if each and what needs to be done we will see...personally I think a shake up at OC and DC might be needed...us it time for Coughlin to go? I don't believe so but it has to be asked...

How do you think BB has been able keep his team a playoff contender for the last 13 years? We see other super bowl champions fall off every other season. Is Brady just that much better then Eli, Peyton, Brees, Ben,, and Rogers? Or could it be possible there is more to team building then just one player. I mean this is isn't golf. This isn't the nba. It takes over 40 guys on sunday to get a win in this sport.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

It appears that this thread has morphed into a referendum on Belicheck and Brady. Both will one day find themselves in Canton. Tom Brady owes a lot of his success to Belicheck who saw potential in him, drafted him when every other team passed on him more than 5 times and then worked with him over a two year period to develop his game. Those that are suggesting that the last decade the Patriots success is largely due to Brady alone aren't seeing the entire picture. While I won't argue that he hasn't been chief among the many reasons. It is Belicheck who has behind the scenes, been the architect of what is now a model franchise and one that continues to be a serious Superbowl contender more that a decade after winning it's first. All in the salary cap era....

When Kraft hired Belicheck and annointed him the overseer of all things football, he did so chiefly because of Belicnecks command of the complexity of the salary cap and his very high IQ And his abilily to articulate his vision of the ideal model of a football operation in detail. Belicheck's role in the building of this team's infrastructure cannot be underscored. Has he made mistakes of coarse he has, but his body of work since taking the reins is second to none and first ballot hall of fame worthy.

Brady has been and will continue to be a driving force in leading this team on and off the field. An asset that Belicheck more than any of us understands the value of. If this year hasn't changed the perception of many among regarding Belichecks competence. I give you 2001 when we won with arguably the least talented team to win a Superbowl...11-5 without Brady and 11-4 this year dispite losing the heart of the defense and two all pro tightends. In the NFL you can't win with smoke and mirrors...the Patriots under the leadership of Belicheck understand the value of all 53 guys on the roster and Brady indeed makes us a Superbowl worthy team, but it's his supporting cast that makes us a playoff worthy team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

^ Nice hot air contribution; but in the end, it was luck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No. As long as Brady is great, BB will not have to answer for his mediocre team-building skills. Brady is still great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Like BB, Shanahan benefited from one of the luckiest draft picks in history.

Which draft pick?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

It appears that this thread has morphed into a referendum on Belicheck and Brady. Both will one day find themselves in Canton. Tom Brady owes a lot of his success to Belicheck who saw potential in him, drafted him when every other team passed on him more than 5 times and then worked with him over a two year period to develop his game. Those that are suggesting that the last decade the Patriots success is largely due to Brady alone aren't seeing the entire picture. While I won't argue that he hasn't been chief among the many reasons. It is Belicheck who has behind the scenes, been the architect of what is now a model franchise and one that continues to be a serious Superbowl contender more that a decade after winning it's first. All in the salary cap era....

When Kraft hired Belicheck and annointed him the overseer of all things football, he did so chiefly because of Belicnecks command of the complexity of the salary cap and his very high IQ And his abilily to articulate his vision of the ideal model of a football operation in detail. Belicheck's role in the building of this team's infrastructure cannot be underscored. Has he made mistakes of coarse he has, but his body of work since taking the reins is second to none and first ballot hall of fame worthy.

Brady has been and will continue to be a driving force in leading this team on and off the field. An asset that Belicheck more than any of us understands the value of. If this year hasn't changed the perception of many among regarding Belichecks competence. I give you 2001 when we won with arguably the least talented team to win a Superbowl...11-5 without Brady and 11-4 this year dispite losing the heart of the defense and two all pro tightends. In the NFL you can't win with smoke and mirrors...the Patriots under the leadership of Belicheck understand the value of all 53 guys on the roster and Brady indeed makes us a Superbowl worthy team, but it's his supporting cast that makes us a playoff worthy team. 

Beantowne

Your articulation of the reasons behind the Pats success and BB's role in it is quite concise and effective. Thanks!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

If one measure of the sucess of a GM is to acquire rookies via the draft and discards from other teams that can contribute in year 1 than this is a superlative year for BB the GM.

Sections
Shortcuts