is support for the patriots and support for the kraft's mutually exclusive?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: is support for the patriots and support for the kraft's mutually exclusive?

i think its hard not to like kraft, but noone is forcing you to like him and his family....however, this is not the year to show your dislike of them....its distasteful in my opinion

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: is support for the patriots and support for the kraft's mutually exclusive?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to is support for the patriots and support for the kraft's mutually exclusive? : No, but maybe you should expand.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Yes, please expand on your thought. I, like Rusty would like to know more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

"stand for" ???

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: is support for the patriots and support for the kraft's mutually exclusive?:
    [QUOTE]i'd rather not elaborate for fear that people will mislabel me and just to false conclusions. i will say that it has a lot to do with the kraft's either hypocrisy or ignorance regarding human rights for all people.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

Just looked up all that I could find on the Kraft's and can not even find anything that hints at anything concerning human rights. As a matter of fact In 1986, Kraft helped a minority business group acquire WNEV-TV, a CBS affiliate in Boston (now NBC affiliate WHDH-TV).

He also  is a member of a private equity group, which funded film, theatre, and television producer Scott Sanders' company, "Scott Sanders (who is black) Productions."[4]

The Krafts have donated over $100 million to a variety of philanthropic causes including education, child and women issues, healthcare, youth sports and American and Israeli causes. In 2011, the Krafts pledged $20 million to Partners HealthCare to launch the Kraft Family National Center for Leadership and Training in Community Health, an initiative designed to improve access to quality healthcare at community health centers throughout New England. Among the many institutions the Krafts have supported are Columbia University, Harvard Business School, Brandeis University, The College of the Holy Cross, Boston College, Tufts University, the Belmont Hill School, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston, and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.

So as you fail to qualify what you say about his issue on human rights I have to believe one you have no idea of whay you speak. 
    If you make an accusation you must back it up with FACTS sir. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I suspect I know what ricky is referring to but without knowing for certain it would be unfair for me to comment beyond what I'm about to say.  Robert and Myra Kraft have done extraordinary things philanthropically and their support is well-known and highly regarded.  I make no bones about my support of the Pats as a fan.  Similarly I make no bones about my support for the NE Patriot Foundation.  That is me and my choice.

ricky does not share my view and I respect his right not to do so, regardless of the basis for his disagreement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to is support for the patriots and support for the kraft's mutually exclusive?:
    [QUOTE]robert kraft has meant everything to the new england patriots. as an owner, though i would rather the team be run by the fans, he has been the best in the nfl. however, as people, i do not personally support robert or his wife myra and what they stand for. does this make me a bad patriots fan?
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]
    The fans can not run the team. They can have an ownership in stock just as the Packers do. However the Packer fans do not run the team. It is run by a Board of Directors who are not elected by the fans. The GBP stock is worthless and you can only purchase 200 shares.

Even if the fans could own the team Kraft is not giving up controlling interest. So at most you end up slightly better than the Packer fans and only if you had voting and profit sharing included. Then if they did go public you would have a lot of rich people looking to take over. That is why the GBP did what they did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]I suspect I know what ricky is referring to but without knowing for certain it would be unfair for me to comment beyond what I'm about to say.  Robert and Myra Kraft have done extraordinary things philanthropically and their support is well-known and highly regarded.  I make no bones about my support of the Pats as a fan.  Similarly I make no bones about my support for the NE Patriot Foundation.  That is me and my choice. ricky does not share my view and I respect his right not to do so, regardless of the basis for his disagreement.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

See I believe if you are going to hint at or say something you had better be able to man up and stand up for what you believe other wise shut up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is support for the patriots and support for the kraft's mutually exclusive? : See I believe if you are going to hint at or say something you had better be able to man up and stand up for what you believe other wise shut up.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Just for clarity sake, are you referring to my post or his?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

What, because they are Jewish?  Is THAT what you refer to?  Because if THAT is it, then yes, you are a total d1ck and useless loser.   I am not, by the way, Jewish and being defensive.  I'm Irish and therefore was BORN defensive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]What, because they are Jewish?  Is THAT what you refer to?  Because if THAT is it, then yes, you are a total d1ck and useless loser. 
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

i seriously hope its not a religion thing....it most likely isnt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Myra has been angel on their shoulder

February, 1, 2012
    Feb 1
    3:52
    PM ET

ESPN.com columnist Greg Garber today writes a touching piece on Myra Kraft and the role of her spirit in this Patriots Super Bowl run. The piece also includes a heartwarming video feature (above) with Robert Kraft and several Patriots talking about what Myra meant to them. Here's an excerpt from Garber:

Five years ago, Fortune Magazine estimated the (Kraft) family's worth at $1.3 billion. In the preceding four years alone, according to the Chronicle of Philanthropy, the Krafts gave more than $100 million to charity.

It's easy, (Myra) freely acknowledged, to write a check. It's another thing to put in the time. She was the first female president of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston, from 1995 to 2002. She was also the president of the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation and served on numerous boards. She was an irresistible force for New England arts and education, women's and U.S.-Israel issues, quality health care and children. After she got sick, she helped create the NFL's "Kick Cancer" campaign in 2010.

At the same time, she was a powerful influence on the Patriots' organization. She didn't often get involved with roster decisions, but in 1996, after the Patriots drafted Nebraska defensive tackle Christian Peter, Myra -- after learning of his history of violence against women -- asked Robert to reconsider. Demanded, actually. Peter was released, the first time in NFL history a drafted player was waived before training camp.

"She was a warrior, a tough young lady," said defensive tackle Vince Wilfork. "One of the biggest hearts you can imagine. The things she did for people, it went beyond camera and it wasn't all about the media. She just did a lot for people.

"She wanted to be out in the community. With people that make a difference, going to the YMCA, Boys & Girls Club, going to these shelters, all the type of places that need help. She was right in the middle of it. She branded us for life."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  as people, i do not personally support robert or his wife myra and what they stand for. does this make me a bad patriots fan"

Doesn't make you a bad fan but perhaps a bit delusional. This year Robert Kraft was crucial to saving the entire NFL season so I'd suggest you reconsider what he "stands for" a bit. One thing Kraft stood for was getting the players and NFL owners on the same page, and other owners and players stood for pride and scorched earth. Kraft getting a deal done helped a ton of working people who depend on the NFL to make a living. That fits into human rights wouldn't you say? 

So this year in particular I think you should reconsider what you think Kraft stands for. 

Also a bit of human compassion for the loss of a wife might be a good thing for you to contemplate (you didn't even mention Myra in the past tense). Myra was clearly dedicated to the community so rooting for the Pats you are kind of rooting for her this year since they have dedicated the season to her.

You do have the right to believe what you want and you're not a bad fan but I'm guessing you could use some rethinking on a couple of these issues. 

At the same time, if you believe differently by all means speak up here, I might argue with you but I'll defend to the hilt your right to do so, especially if you have put real thought into your positions. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I have a feeling the "human rights" issue is Palestinians.  OP, am I right?  Or if not, state your issue, please.  You put it here, man up and say what it is.  Or just delete the whole thread......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]I have a feeling the "human rights" issue is Palestinians.  OP, am I right?  Or if not, state your issue, please.  You put it here, man up and say what it is.  Or just delete the whole thread......

My thought too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]I have a feeling the "human rights" issue is Palestinians.  OP, am I right?  Or if not, state your issue, please.  You put it here, man up and say what it is.  Or just delete the whole thread......

Someone please enlighten me on this Palestinian human rights issue?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is support for the patriots and support for the kraft's mutually exclusive? : My thought too.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

Ditto

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is support for the patriots and support for the kraft's mutually exclusive? : Someone please enlighten me on this Palestinian human rights issue?
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]
    Apparently, they want more things.  I'm fairly pro Isreal, so I won't get into it.  Google is your best friend there.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thanks for bringing your Anti-Semitism to the board.  What are you doing tonight?  Painting swastikas or burning crosses

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

theres no such thing as a jew named ricky

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Don't care what you are or believe.  This man loves his wife, his family and his Patriots.  Can't ask for more than that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4716746/video-emotional-time-for-kraft