is the colts rein over?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

is the colts rein over?

i dont know how many of you watched the colts game cuz it was on at the same time as the pats, but i had it on my laptop.  while i would say that the colts got out played and the texans deserved to win, i have never seen so many close calls go against the colts.  perhaps the league has decided to let go of the "pretty" boy (and i use the term loosely because he could be the mascot)?  did you know that the colts went something like 2 1/2 seasons without an offensive PI call against a WR?  ya, i have a feeling they wont get all that ticky tack bullshjt anymore

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: is the colts rein over?

No, their reign is not over. As long as #18 is back there, they'll be in every ballgame.

I still think they'll win the division this year but my God, that run defense looks horrible. That, and the lack of a balanced offense will lead to their demise. You just can't ask Peyton to drop back 57 times to pass, especially when your line is porous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

one game, and that was a game against a division rival. They'll be fine. I full expect them to beat up on the Giants next week. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: is the colts rein over?:
    one game, and that was a game against a division rival. They'll be fine. I full expect them to beat up on the Giants next week. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

not talking about their talent at all.  all im talking about is calls that seem to go their way more often than not did not happen in the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: is the colts rein over? : not talking about their talent at all.  all im talking about is calls that seem to go their way more often than not did not happen in the game.
    Posted by flutie66

As good a quaterback at Big Head Manning is the Colts have won the close games by way of the almighty REF! and that is a clear fact.

Im my opinion they will still win games but not another Super Bowl. When Manning gets stressed he is like Bret Farve and chokes. Their defense looked beat up and slow, to me their time and window has passed.

Many have said the same for the Patriots but after seeing the offense they have today, if that can get fine tuned Brady just has too many weapons to call on tha tare all serious threats. If Fred Taylor stays healthy and can get 70 to 100 yards a game this could get very interresting

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

To judge Indy's defense on one game is silly.  I must say though that the way they were run on in the 2nd half was amazing.  An 8yd run was a short run.  Houston also has a FB who did a great job of picking up the right blocks to spring the RB for those extra 5 plus yards.  However, it is one game.

There are 3 top officiating crews in the NFL and this was one of them.  Guess what happens when the return home?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm not going to prognosticate the demise of  the Colts any time soon but the fact is most of the guys who were the bread and butter of this team last year are the same guys playing that role 6 or 7 years ago (Manning, Clark, Wayne, Mathis, Freeney, etc).  Which tells you the Colts are getting older, and their "great drafting" has been grossly overimbelished. 

They walked a very fine line last year, and beat the odds on winning alot of very close games.  I know the talking heads thought they were going to win 15 or 16 games this year but anyone who saw last year knows that they cannot play the same way and expect the same results.  The odds were bound to catch up to them.  Close games can be decided by a single call, spot of the ball, lucky bounce whatever and playing games that close allows for very little error.

It's the first game of the season so I will wait for some context but I would guess the Colts are a roughly an 11 win team and will contend. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Shen - by virtue of the same players playing this year as did last year, yes the team is older, but I don't know if that means they are old.  On defense, I believe we have 2 players that are 30 or older -Brackett and Freeney (both 30). 

What I saw on the run d was that the Texans cut back on runs very effectively.  In typical colts fashion, the colts overpursued the blocking scheme allowing the running back to cut back to a field void of defensive players.  It seemed there were only 2 or 3 players that were available to make a play and not until the RB had at least 6-8 yards. 

That said, also in typical fashion - The colts lack of size causes them to frequently get blown off the ball and it happened again yesterday. 

the colts made a game of it in the first half and overcame a number of mistakes, but Houston controlled the second half and the Collie fumble at the 5 yd line after a 40 yd catch (or more) did not help. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Oh - and I forgot to mention, our Oline has more holes than swiss cheese.  Its a wonder Manning is actually still alive today. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I certainly hope not ...I want them to continue to choke and lose the the big game. It would svck if all of a sudden they became good in pressure games and win those games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I am wondering what the line will be set at against the Gints next week? Vegas won't go overboard but the money might take over. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I heard that Brandon Jacobs needed an IV this morning after salivating so much from watching film of the Colts run defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Oh - and I forgot to mention, our Oline has more holes than swiss cheese.  Its a wonder Manning is actually still alive today. 
    Posted by Indylove

And who pointed this out while the media hammered a sturdy O Line here for months?

Gomer is in danger of going down. Wait until they playe a better D.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

The Colts seem to suffer from a multiple personality disorder.  Sometimes awesome, sometimes unbelievably bad.  Very little in-between.  I think they were so concerned protecting against the pass that they couldn't attack the runner at the line of scrimmage.  It's hard to tackle when you're on your heels and back-pedalling.  Unfortunately, they seem to correct their problems and will still finish 10-5 and host at least 1 playoff game.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I expect the Colts will be in the mix when the dust clears in four months, but it has long been an article of faith that the way to derail the Colts is to control the clock and play keep-away, and the Texans just did that with something called Arian Foster . . .  whom I freely admit I had never heard of until this morning. I also saw pressure on old friend Peyton Manning -- another unheard of thing. After the game, Manning offered all the usual cliches . . .  "all our mistakes are correctable," and he's probably right, but early indications are that the division may not be the cakewalk to which Indy has become accustomed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

I heard that Brandon Jacobs needed an IV this morning after salivating so much from watching film of the Colts run defense.
    Posted by harleyroadking

Got a little dehydrated, you think? 

At Jacobs' size, he should always get yards against the colts, but I don't know if he is enough of a speedster to get away like Houston's back did. 

I am very hopeful that this was just an overpursuit problem that is correctable.  It doesn't mean that the colts will be good at run defense, but maybe they can keep what happened yesterday from happening again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

The Colts seem to suffer from a multiple personality disorder.  Sometimes awesome, sometimes unbelievably bad.  Very little in-between.  I think they were so concerned protecting against the pass that they couldn't attack the runner at the line of scrimmage.  It's hard to tackle when you're on your heels and back-pedalling.  Unfortunately, they seem to correct their problems and will still finish 10-5 and host at least 1 playoff game.    
    Posted by MarcW1

Marc - the first misconception about the colts defense is that they are good all around.  They aren't and never have been.  They are designed to defend with a lead.  They are not smash mouthers like the pats were in their heyday or like Baltimore or Pittsburgh or the Jets. 

If they get into a situation like they did yesterday, its almost to difficult to work their way out of it.  They managed last year vs. the dolphins, and had Collie not fumbled at the 5 after a big catch, they might have still been in the game.  But - collie did fumble and the Texans went on a 90 yard drive by again punishing the colts d. 

I am concerned.  I am also concerned about the oline.  I think the oline can figure it out.  They'll never be good, but they'll be good enough.  However, if Indy doesn't play with a lead, they are easily beatable by ground and pound. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

I expect the Colts will be in the mix when the dust clears in four months, but it has long been an article of faith that the way to derail the Colts is to control the clock and play keep-away, and the Texans just did that with something called Arian Foster . . .  whom I freely admit I had never heard of until this morning. I also saw pressure on old friend Peyton Manning -- another unheard of thing. After the game, Manning offered all the usual cliches . . .  "all our mistakes are correctable," and he's probably right, but early indications are that the division may not be the cakewalk to which Indy has become accustomed.
    Posted by p-mike

Did you not pay attention last year when he put up a buck twenty and 2 tds on your pats last year?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

I didn't know the Colts had a reign?  they've won 1 SB and for the most part have been playoff disappointments, that's a reign?  Remember Pittsburgh has won 2 SB in the same time frame. The only thing the Colts have over the Pats is they have a Freeney rushing the passer, but is this the same Freeney.

Colts are in the mix but they certainly aren't the team to beat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

The Colts could easily be 0-2 after next week, the Giants will run all over them and can get a strong pass rush.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Relax ...first contest of the year and to be best of my knowledge  last year's games are pretty much in the record books.

This is purely an endeavor of "What have you done for me lately"

as in the here and now...2010

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

what reign???  no really so they won their division a few times...comeon...   they have always been over-hyped like the jests are now...

gomer is in for a long season and houston showed you can run on them... they are in trouble

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Not that it matters to any of you but while certainly concerned, I am going to use the past as a guide for me here. 

9/21/2009 - Indy at Mia - Miami - 239 yds rushing.  Colts won. 

The colts did not win this time.  No team can allow that many rushing yards and ever expect to win.  But it has happened.  And, had it not been for Collie's fumble at the Houston 9, the colts may have been down only 3 or 7 with 2/3 of the 4th Q to go.  

Amongst all of the bad, there is reason for optimism.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Funny... one regular season game and this string starts with a presumption the Colts are done.  Well, taking the same track, the Pats are on their way to another dynastic string of SB victories, right?

Sections
Shortcuts