Is the Jets Defense really that much better then the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Is the Jets Defense really that much better then the Pats?

now i know the pats give up a ton of yards and everything but to me there is only one defensive stats that matters and thats points. the jets have 297 points against and the pats 306. now if you factor is all the garbage time points the pats have allowed they really may have ended up below the jets. i mean most talking heads would say the jets have a much better D but the points dont support that story.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Is the Jets Defense really that much better then the Pats?

Actually yards do matter because if you give up a lot of yards, that is more time the opposing offense is on the field. The more the other offense is on the field, the less time Brady is on the field. If we are to be beat in the playoffs, it will be a game where the other team has 35+ minutes of possession.

Now if this were the 2007 offense, it would be less of a problem because that offense had big play ability. This 2010 NE offense is tremendous at moving the ball, but only really in small chunks. Thats why time of possession is so critical, even more so now than past Pats offenses

Sections
Shortcuts