Is the Jets Window on Imaginary Super Bowls Closing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

ESPN analyst Elwood P. Dowd says the Jets, and especially Rex Ryan, must stay ungrounded in order to continue making winning Super Bowl predictions and winning imaginary Super Bowls. 

"With Rex, that window's going to close at some point," Dowd says. "Think back to 2009, we thought Rex could make these predictions every year, but that was before 
    we found he had other interests like feet and, most notably, it was before Sanchez. If anyone can bring an imagination crashing down to reality, it's that guy. You'd have to pretend he isn't leading your team a lot in order to pretend you can win a Super Bowl. That kind of focus is very difficult to maintain." 

"There's talk about Joe Montana maybe being a Jet. Other times, Rex Ryan has wondered if Mike Ditka might be available. They need to have a real productive 
    imaginary free agent period this year to help out Rex Ryan and maybe get him a couple more Super Bowl rings." 

When pressed for comment, Rex Ryan chuckled, seemingly to himself and said, "We are having a great season and I see no reason why we can't win another Super Bowl. In fact, I see us winning the Super Bowl through at least 2017." He then pointed to an imaginary glass case and said, "I keep my rings here. The three I've predicted with the Jets and at least two from when I should have coached the Chargers."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Is the Jets Window on Imaginary Super Bowls Closing?

love the title, it's so true.  Rex will have them storming windmills by the end of the season.  He'll be singing the "impossible dream" by December in pre-game ra-ra's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

They have serious depth/talent issues at OL, TE, RB, OLB, and Safety.  I only say safety because Smith is horrible, Leohnard is a solid player.  And i'm being kind to the WR position, to think some Jets fans considered it upgraded coming into this season. Ouch.  Pats have their own issues, but they should be really well setup on the OL in the coming seasons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Is the Jets Window on Imaginary Super Bowls Closing?:
    Is the Jets Window on Imaginary Super Bowls Closing? ESPN analyst Elwood P. Dowd says the Jets, and especially Rex Ryan, must stay ungrounded in order to continue making winning Super Bowl predictions and winning imaginary Super Bowls.  "With Rex, that window's going to close at some point," Dowd says. "Think back to 2009, we thought Rex could make these predictions every year, but that was before  we found he had other interests like feet and, most notably, it was before Sanchez. If anyone can bring an imagination crashing down to reality, it's that guy.  You'd have to pretend he isn't leading your team a lot in order to pretend you can win a Super Bowl. That kind of focus is very difficult to maintain."  "There's talk about Joe Montana maybe being a Jet. Other times, Rex Ryan has wondered if Mike Ditka might be available. They need to have a real productive  imaginary free agent period this year to help out Rex Ryan  and maybe get him a couple more Super Bowl rings."  When pressed for comment, Rex Ryan chuckled, seemingly to himself and said, "We are having a great season and I see no reason why we can't win another Super Bowl.  In fact, I see us winning the Super Bowl through at least 2017." He then pointed to an imaginary glass case and said, "I keep my rings here. The three I've predicted  with the Jets and at least two from when I should have coached the Chargers."
    Posted by EnochRoot

They already won their Super Bowls last January and the September before that.  Two-time defending champions!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

At some point, they stop enjoying it, and turn on him.  I'm thinking after next season.  This year they will lick their wounds and but into one more wild prediction.  Next year, they will find a way to fail again, and he is done.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Both their offensive and defensive lines are not as good as in the past two years.  They maxed out the cap and as a result churn more higher profile players.  Sanchez is good but streaky and prone to dumb plays.  We are spoiled here with Brady....possibly the greatest Patriot ever by virtue of his 3 SB wins.  Brady is awesome in key drives.....I wonder if they have a stat for 2nd half drives either when a team is down and needs a score or something to that nature.  He is great at those.  How many times has he gone 7 for 7 with the game on the line? Many times.  Sanchez, I'm sure he has had a couple, but he's more like Thursday night .... incompletions down the stretch.  No comparison.  Yes the Jet's window is closing as it always does.  Their recipe for sucess leaves them with up and and down seasons.  Patriots business model is built for year to year consistency.  This is attributable to the Krafts (and their business model) and Belichick all being on the same page together.  Add in Brady and you have championship caliber consistency.  For the naysayers who would argue we haven't won since the '04 season I say '06 ..blew that Colts game...if we won it would have been title 4; '07..... need I say more.  I could realistically say that we could...could of had 5 titles.  This is all once in a lifetime folks....Krafts, BB and Brady.  

Jet's don't have that....never will.  Rex is their Bobby Valentine.  He will reach a point there and they will go the other way. "Now let's go eat a F#@KEN snack!"  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Rex Ryans shelf life as a head coach is reaching its smelly stage ,  for all the reasons posted in "rex Ryan...movie star..." thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In Response to Re: Is the Jets Window on Imaginary Super Bowls Closing?:
    Both their offensive and defensive lines are not as good as in the past two years.  They maxed out the cap and as a result churn more higher profile players.  Sanchez is good but streaky and prone to dumb plays.  We are spoiled here with Brady....possibly the greatest Patriot ever by virtue of his 3 SB wins.  Brady is awesome in key drives.....I wonder if they have a stat for 2nd half drives either when a team is down and needs a score or something to that nature.  He is great at those.  How many times has he gone 7 for 7 with the game on the line? Many times.  Sanchez, I'm sure he has had a couple, but he's more like Thursday night .... incompletions down the stretch.  No comparison.  Yes the Jet's window is closing as it always does.  Their recipe for sucess leaves them with up and and down seasons.  Patriots business model is built for year to year consistency.  This is attributable to the Krafts (and their business model) and Belichick all being on the same page together.  Add in Brady and you have championship caliber consistency.  For the naysayers who would argue we haven't won since the '04 season I say '06 ..blew that Colts game...if we won it would have been title 4; '07..... need I say more.  I could realistically say that we could...could of had 5 titles.  This is all once in a lifetime folks....Krafts, BB and Brady.   Jet's don't have that....never will.  Rex is their Bobby Valentine.  He will reach a point there and they will go the other way. "Now let's go eat a F#@KEN snack!"  
    Posted by schwank

Amen.  Even before 2007, the Pats were two plays away from what could have been 5 rings in 6 years; the Champ Bailey interception in Denver and any one of about 6 plays in the second half that AFC championship game in Indy.  The Pats  contend every year, largely because of Brady, & more Pats fans should appreciate this.  The Pats have a real SB window, and it closes whenever Brady retires.

The difference between Pats fans and Jets fans is that the Jets fans consider two consecutive trips to the AFC championship game to be a major success.  The expectations here are so high, that anything short of Superbowl win is considered a failure.

The Jets will go as far as their defense will carry them.  Don't think this team is quite good enough to win it all (this year or ever) with Sanchez is at the helm; he is a mediocre NFL QB.  As shown in the Jets loss to Denver, he's not even a good game manager.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Parody. It ain't that serious.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Nah, they have at least another three years to accomplish that goal! lol Welcome back Enoch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The window for "imaginary" Super Bowls will always be open for Jets fans and the team's current HC, Rex Ryan.  Getting to and winning the SB is one thing to have as a team goal, it is another when you say you will "WIN" the SB even before the season begins.  If anything may be closing, it is the opportunity for the team as it is constituted now being in a position to win a SB.  For all the moves the Jets have made to put together a team capable of winning a SB goes to show how difficult it actually is to even get to that game.  The fact the Pats made it to the SB 4 times in a 7 year stretch is incredible and it may be a while before we see a team do that again. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

"Turn out the lights, the party's over."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Contrast the Jets with the Steelers who could include match the Patriots' four SB appearances in seven years - Steelers have already been there three times in five years! Really, not in any imaginary world that Rex Ryan seems to live in!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

As much as I hate the Jets and their loud mouth coach, their problem is not their coach, it's their quarterback. Until they get that figured out, they'll never win a thing. Honestly I think Rex is not a bad coach; his team plays hard for him, players want to go there, his defense is well put together and they win DESPITE a lack of offense and QB. Not easy to do. If he kept his mouth shut a little more, he probably would be better received outside of NY. When I think of some of the dopes that have coached some of these teams in the AFC East over the last ten years (and there's been a lot of them) he's one of the better ones.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

As long as there are football fans in NJ, there will always be imaginary Super Bowls

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

funny and creative title enoch.. thumbs way up!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The NY Jets.......Good seats still available.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I don't believe there ever was a window!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Rex guarantees an undee-feeted season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

it was never a window.......it was more like a peephole.................

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Lol...  toe-tally hilarious .

Response to Re: Is the Jets Window on Imaginary Super Bowls Closing?:
     Rex guarantees an undee-feeted season.
    Posted by bostatewarrior

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

The Jets' window for imaginary SB's might stay open longer if they had an imaginary SB-caliber QB.  The D is solid enough, but until that O improves, they'll just be another Tampa Ball - oh wait, they've won a SB - never mind.

Sections
Shortcuts