Is the Pats' offense carrying the defense AGAIN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Is the Pats' offense carrying the defense AGAIN?

In Response to Re: Is the Pats' offense carrying the defense AGAIN?:
    [QUOTE]...the value of time-of-possession cannot be underestimated. Whether the offense is actually carrying the defense or the other way around doesn't really matter. I look at it this way -- it is impossible for you to defeat me if I have the ball.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    Unless you are Tony Sparano and Bill Parcells' Dolphins, of course.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is the Pats' offense carrying the defense AGAIN? : Unless you are Tony Sparano and Bill Parcells' Dolphins, of course.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Huh?

I'm not following.

Do Sparano and Parcells know some secret alchemy for scoring without the ball thay they're not sharing with us?

And if they do, how is it that you are in the loop and we are not?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]We're talking about a team that was handed a gift against the Bills. If they lose that game, everyone would have the Ravens favorite by 10 points. The Pats are done, stick a fork in 'em. Belli-cheat luck ran out ever since the Giants changed their play calling in the Superbowl. The Ravens have a prolific offense. No reason to belive that an old and shaky NE defense can stop them. 2 years ago in Baltimore McGahee ran for over 100 yards in the first half. Look for that happening again. If you have McGahee on your fantasy team, start him. The Ravens defense steps up big when it has to. The book is out on Brady. The Jets aka Ravens North put out the blueprint. Ravens 31 - Patriots 17 (10 Pats points in junk time)
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid[/QUOTE]if, if , if... fact is they did pull it off! give this team lemons, they will make lemonade.. not try to make apples like with the dumber teams. they make their breaks and capitalize on them its a 48 minute game. the last 2 are the most important! mcgahee will not run for 100 yds... bel does not alllow things to happen twice. if raves win, would be through flacco!
    31-17 will be the score in pats favor!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]If you consider that the Pats' most recent epic failures have been at least partially the result of defenses that could not make one crucial stop in the final minute of a conference championship and a Super Bowl -- which could be attributed to some degree to conditioning issues (which is in turn the result of a lack of depth at certain positions) -- the value of time-of-possession cannot be underestimated. Whether the offense is actually carrying the defense or the other way around doesn't really matter. I look at it this way -- it is impossible for you to defeat me if I have the ball.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Conditioning may have been a factor in the Indy game, but not against the Giants.  Both were frankly cases of horrendous luck and circumstance.  But I strongly disagree with the notion that the defense in 2007 sucked.  I thought it was above average.  I don't particularly care about stats, except scoring.  It was at or near the top of the league in scoring.  Think of the stress a quick strike offense puts on the D.  That was always the achilles heel of the Marino-era Dolphins.  They'd score (or not) so quickly that the defense was on the field alot.  The Pats were 18-1 under those circumstances and the defense deserves a much bigger share of the credit for that than it gets.  The Pats gave up 17 points in the Super Bowl, the last 7 with at least three incredibly fortuitous plays for the Giants.  The o-line's lousy play and Belichick's poor coaching lost that game. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

i still say YES. the gaP Is gettg closer because this defense is very clutch and functional. they make everythg haRd on the other team. today versus the raves, offense had the ball forever. our defense always played fresh though they could not get off the field or stop the run. offense may not b scoring as much but overall what they are doing is even betta than it was in 07! unlike 07, this team should b much betta at the end of the year esp on offense!

Sections
Shortcuts