Is the Rams going to get the better deal here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Is the Rams going to get the better deal here?

Letting Amendola go to the Patriots it now looks like the Rams are going to target Tavon Austin at pick number 16.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reviews the praise that has been heaped upon the small-but-explosive receiver-returner.  ESPN’s Mel Kiper has Austin being taken with the 16th pick in the draft, by the Rams.

Tavon Austin is going to be a very fun player to watch.  So much upside to Austin, play maker, game breaker, amazing talent.  What do you think?  Could you imagine Austin is a Patriots uni?  That would have been amazing. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Is the Rams going to get the better deal here?

Austin would've been gone before the Pats picked even if they hadn't signed Amendola.  It's really a moot point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Austin has speed...but he's 5'9! I hate these shrimps! Gimme the, essentially, 6 foot tall Amendola any day of the week. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

the Rams desperately need help at the WR even with Amendola. i don't know what deal they will be winning if Austin pans out. he's just one guy.

Um, the Rams offered Amendola a deal and he went to the Patriots instead.  People questioned why the Rams didn't try harder to keep him.  So now the Rams have a chance at Tavon Austin, looks like they will get him.   So that's the deal I'm asking about here... Follow?  My question is... are they better off having the chance to get Austin or should they have tried harder to keep Amendola?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Letting Amendola go to the Patriots it now looks like the Rams are going to target Tavon Austin at pick number 16.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reviews the praise that has been heaped upon the small-but-explosive receiver-returner.  ESPN’s Mel Kiper has Austin being taken with the 16th pick in the draft, by the Rams.

Tavon Austin is going to be a very fun player to watch.  So much upside to Austin, play maker, game breaker, amazing talent.  What do you think?  Could you imagine Austin is a Patriots uni?  That would have been amazing. 

there is a legitamate possibilty he could go before that

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Austin has speed...but he's 5'9! I hate these shrimps! Gimme the, essentially, 6 foot tall Amendola any day of the week. 

give me 6 3"-6 4" da rick rogers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

the Rams desperately need help at the WR even with Amendola. i don't know what deal they will be winning if Austin pans out. he's just one guy.

Um, the Rams offered Amendola a deal and he went to the Patriots instead.  People questioned why the Rams didn't try harder to keep him.  So now the Rams have a chance at Tavon Austin, looks like they will get him.   So that's the deal I'm asking about here... Follow?  My question is... are they better off having the chance to get Austin or should they have tried harder to keep Amendola?

Austin hasn't played a single game in the NFL! WHO THE H#LL KNOWS?! LOL 

true. everyone is a crapshoot....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Hard to say TFB--Austin is smaller but he has freakish talent--if DA stays healthy I like his upside and with the Austin kid who knows -he hasn't taken a snap yet in the NFL--I take proven over unprovin any day--Armendola is the real deal-I love the pickup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Doubt it tfb12- but Austin does have potential of being a very good player.  Vs, Amendola, well, I think we already know, if if if if Amendola can actually play a full season, then I'm sure he'll have pretty big impact.....

i hope pats do target a big time WR in draft, or two, and mcDaniels has same magic with D Thomas and Decker that he has this year.....IF they go WR....a number of these WRs do look very intriguing......I know rook's take a bit to develop but WRs have been much better prepared coming in league since the tony Simmons days.....but If some of these WRs can be your next Julio jones or D Thomas, then fabulous!   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The rams have 2 chances at him in the first round. I think they use both picks. They need the help.  

bredbru what makes you think Rogers will pass a drug test all season? I dont think he can.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

There is no guarantee he will get to the Rams.  He has been rising so fast that there is talk Tampa Bay might take him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The rams could have kept amendola and grabbed austin. They are different players. 

Why couldn't they have kept amendola and signed austin? God knows they need wr's . 

I think every team has a price on certain players. Maybe they thought Danny wasn't worth it, or maybe they just want to retool their offense. Either way, we got a good WR in amendola, and they can fill his void with 2 1st round picks that didn't come from us btw...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

This post is silly...Austin will go way before Pats pick...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

you have 4 first round picks in two years, this is a chance to put some talent in their roster, imagine Pats in this situation...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I thought this was a Pats message board? Who cares about the Rams and what they do? Shouldn't this be on the "around the NFL board"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Way to high of a pick for a 5'9 guy... get a pass-rusher!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In 'reality' Amendola is 5'10", Austin is 5'8" and Welker is 5'7"

And yes it is a moot point on the Rams swapping out these WR's (if indeed they do take Austin) b/c he wouldn't be there at 29 for the Pats to pick 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

you have 4 first round picks in two years, this is a chance to put some talent in their roster, imagine Pats in this situation...

It boggled my mind when Steven Jackson mentioned he had never had a winning season since he has been in the NFL.  Looks like that will change for him this season.    But I like Jeff Fisher as a head coach, it will be interesting to see what they do in the draft.  It's possible they could get both Austin at receiver and Lacy at RB to fill the voids of Amendola and Jackson.  That would be a huge boost for that offense.  The only downfall is their OC, I couldn't believe Fisher hired Schotty.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I thought this was a Pats message board? Who cares about the Rams and what they do? Shouldn't this be on the "around the NFL board"?

Probably, but that forum is dead.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Despite being 5'9" Welker has been among the most productive receivers in the NFL. If only he had Austin's speed, he would have been devastating to any D. If Austin has 80% of Welker's ability to separate, he too would be devastating to any D.

Here's the thing with STL. They have two first round picks (16, 22), a pretty early second (46), 78, 113, 149, 184, 222. They have the picks to doulble dip on WR. So they can have Austin and a 6-1+ receiver too. Given they lost two receivers, I would be surprised if they don't.

Their first two picks put them in position to take two of Austin, Patterson or Hopkins, if they wanted to.

Or, they could use their #16 on one of Patterson or Austin, use 22 on another position (They are not lacking on D talent), and 46 on any other tall receiver they want. Hell they can also pickup one of Eifert or Ertz, to upgrade their TE spot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

Despite being 5'9" Welker has been among the most productive receivers in the NFL. If only he had Austin's speed, he would have been devastating to any D. If Austin has 80% of Welker's ability to separate, he too would be devastating to any D.

Here's the thing with STL. They have two first round picks (16, 22), a pretty early second (46), 78, 113, 149, 184, 222. They have the picks to doulble dip on WR. So they can have Austin and a 6-1+ receiver too. Given they lost two receivers, I would be surprised if they don't.

Their first two picks put them in position to take two of Austin, Patterson or Hopkins, if they wanted to.

Or, they could use their #16 on one of Patterson or Austin, use 22 on another position (They are not lacking on D talent), and 46 on any other tall receiver they want. Hell they can also pickup one of Eifert or Ertz, to upgrade their TE spot.

hey sea,

yes they have a lot of otions and year 2 of fisher will show what hes up to (if it cuts the mustard). i like what they did last year.