Is there an explanation for this madness?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Is there an explanation for this madness?

In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness?:
    [QUOTE]Oh man this is getting ridiculous.  For all you morons that keep telling the "draft haters" that they cant comment because they dont know more than BB.. give it a rest! No one on here claims to know more about football than Bill Freakin Belichick.  This however is a Patriots fan discussion board so we can say whatever the frek we want about the decisions made in the draft.  1.  The draft sucked 2.  Just because we drafted good palyers, doesnt mean the draft cant suck. 3.  Regardless if you liked the picks or not, We could have had Solder, Carimi, or Castonzo with pick 28 GURANTEED!!!!!  That means we could have traded up for Fairley... Traded back for Cam Jordan... WHATEVER. 4.  We possibly could have traded 33 for a 1st rounder in 2012.  Sense the saints 2012 first rounder is probably 25-32.. any other team we trade 33 to is going to be in the same range. 5.  Ras I Dowling OR Aaron WIlliams (SAME GRADE)  Could have been traded up for or had at there designated Rnd 2 pick. 6.  NOW WE ARE PAST THE ABSOLUTE MISTAKES AND ARE NOW INTO THE OPINIONS. 7.  Why take Vereen and Ridley(reach)  over Mikel leshoure?  Leshoure was compared to Steven Jackson, and its been said he will become an everydown back.  He can catch, he can run.  Why draft 2 guys for 1 job? 8.  I like the trade for an extra second next year. 9.  I like Ryan Mallets possabilities. 10. I like Marcus cannons possabilities. My draft ends us with.. Cam Jordan Anthony Castonzo  (maybe Carimi) 1st round pick next year projected between 25-32 Aaron Williams (cb same grade as Dowling, some thought was higher) or Ras I Dowling (Ridley)  We traded this pick to jump up for Dowling/Williams Oaklands Round 2 next year Ryan Mallet Marcus Cannon Bill.. if your reading this thread, im available for higher.  I will work for tickets to the patriots games lol.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

I would have liked your draft much better than Hoodie's. He should hire you.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Is there an explanation for this madness?:
    [QUOTE]I would like for ANYONE to defend Belichick right now. Please do. It is simply idiotic what the Pats are doing. Haven't we learned anything from past years?  This draft is a complete joke, one of the worst any team has had. How can one explain this? We all knew what the need was. A DE, OLB, WR.  Everyone knew we desperately needed a DE and a OLB. Yet BB doesnt know that?! You have got to be kidding me if you think it's alright to go into a season with such a weak D line. 1st round, 17th pick. can understand going with an OT. Could've taken Cameron Jordan. 28th pick- why trade it away if you can get Hayward, and he went to Steelers. Steelers know a thing or two about great LB's. Why pick a CB with 33th pick? We have McCourty and Bodden. Pretty Solid. What are they thinking drafting a RB? I thought we were fine with Ellis and Woohead. If they really want  a RB, why not take the best one in the draft, Ingram?! The 3rd round was simply a disgrace. So now we need a 2nd running back. He will be the 4th best running back on this team. That can be had in 6th round. Also wasted a pick on Mallett. So now a QB was our need? 3rd round pick who wont play in the next 4 years. I dare any of you to defend this nonsnece. Anyone remember wasting a 3rd round pick on Kevin O'Connell. Unbelievable. Belichick has simply lost his mind. Either he is not thinking straight or he has lost it when it comes to defense.  Apparently BB thinks its not neccesary  to have a defense like Packers, Steelers.Washington just selelcted Hankerson. How can anyone argue that this wouldn't be a better pick than Mallett or the 2nd rb we took?   Hope the Pats have fun with the marshmallow defense next year and midget WR's.
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

Dude, you show your ignorance when you think Cam Heyward is a LB! Stopped reading at that point....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

It's gotta be a free agency grab for OLBs/Passrushers. Let's see what Bill does. We DO need a receiver also...a young one!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

WOW! You say this is getting ridiculous and then you state "facts" which are anything but! Here's another mans take on your "Facts;"

[QUOTE]Oh man this is getting ridiculous.  For all you morons that keep telling the "draft haters" that they cant comment because they dont know more than BB.. give it a rest! No one on here claims to know more about football than Bill Freakin Belichick.  This however is a Patriots fan discussion board so we can say whatever the frek we want about the decisions made in the draft. 
    1.  The draft sucked  How about we wait til they have at least one practice (never mind a game before we make that judgement!) lol You probably thought last years draft sucked right after it ended also!
    2.  Just because we drafted good palyers, doesnt mean the draft cant suck. OK, but a least we got good "palyers" lol
    3.  Regardless if you liked the picks or not, We could have had Solder, Carimi, or Castonzo with pick 28 GURANTEED!!!!!  No we couldn't have! (and do you mean guaranteed?!) Multiple outlets confirmed the Giants were set to pounce on Solder at 20 and were ticked New England took him. Costanzo didn't make it to 28 in the actual draft, so how do you "guarantee" that he would make it there?! lol silly. Carimi? Yes if BB wanted him we could have had him at 28 since Baltimore and Chicago screwed up there trade, otherwise he is off the board at 26. That means we could have traded up for Fairley... Not sure why we would want a 4/3 DT when we play 3/4, and he clearly doesn't fit BB's player profile. Spent the last year and a half cleaning out the locker room why bring a questionable attitude in now? Traded back for Cam Jordan.lol if BB wanted Jordan he would have taken him, he had the opportunity. ... WHATEVER.
    4.  We possibly could have traded 33 for a 1st rounder in 2012.  REALLY HOW?? They tried!!! Again multiple sources say the Pats couldn't even get a pair of two's for the pick the highest offer was SF offering a pair of 3's. Sense the saints 2012 first rounder is probably 25-32.. any other team we trade 33 to is going to be in the same range. Again, we tried and had no bites on 33.... 
    5.  Ras I Dowling OR Aaron WIlliams (SAME GRADE)  Could have been traded up for or had at there designated Rnd 2 pick. Same grade? ok so you take the bigger / faster Dowling right? Your probably the guy that raised he!! last year cause we took McCourty instead of Kyle Wilson! Didn't that decision show you BB just might know a little more than YOU?!
    6.  NOW WE ARE PAST THE ABSOLUTE MISTAKES AND ARE NOW INTO THE OPINIONS. LOL I think its clear that your version of "absoloute mistakes" is a little, no make that alot misguided!
    7.  Why take Vereen and Ridley(reach)  over Mikel leshoure?  Leshoure was compared to Steven Jackson, and its been said he will become an everydown back.  He can catch, he can run.  Why draft 2 guys for 1 job? Just because someone tells you that Leshoure is going to be the next Steven Jackson, does that mean you draft him? How are his hands? Does he catch out of the backfield? Blitz pick up? These are issues that are more important to NE's scheme. You are ranting here and you probably NEVER saw any of these RB's play a game in person!!
    8.  I like the trade for an extra second next year. Yeah! We agree on something.
    9.  I like Ryan Mallets possabilities. Uh oh, we agree twice in a row! Whats going on here?! 
    10. I like Marcus cannons possabilities. Make it three in a row....My draft ends us with.. Cam Jordan didnt want him Anthony Castonzo not there unless you trade up  (maybe Carimi) 1st round pick next year projected between 25-32 we got that Aaron Williams (cb same grade as Dowling, some thought was higher) or Ras I Dowling (Ridley) we chose Dowling  We traded this pick to jump up for Dowling/Williams Oaklands Round 2 next year Ryan Mallet Marcus Cannon Bill.. if your reading this thread, im available for higher. (I assume you mean "hire," although based on your post "higher" may be more like it!) lol I will work for tickets to the patriots games lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

What we know is not much.  What we don't know is really enormous....
    Oh and what we think we know is always subject to 20/20 hindsight...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is there an explanation for this madness? :
    Posted by bobo354[/QUOTE]

I take it you never sat in the stands to watch a Patriots before BB came along. I HAVE to watch watch this Team win every year is a tribute to what he has done. He's not perfect to you but he is to me. Become a Jets fan and feel their pain every year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness? : I take it you never sat in the stands to watch a Patriots before BB came along. I HAVE to watch watch this Team win every year is a tribute to what he has done. He's not perfect to you but he is to me. Become a Jets fan and feel their pain every year.
    Posted by bobo354[/QUOTE]

You mean before Brady came along, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmoney. Show gmoney's posts

Y'all haters need to read this, enough said!
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3749_Decade_in_the_making%3A_the_ultimate_NFL_draft_grades.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

How many times do we need to see this linked? It's bogus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I believe he had it right when he said Bill B., afterall, he drafted Brady....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Why is that link bogus....what makes you think anything you have to say is more informed or any less bogus....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Why is that link bogus....what makes you think anything you have to say is more informed or any less bogus....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan[/QUOTE]

Well, for one, much of that assessment is based on the asanine AV rating from PFR. That rating has Peyton Manning as the 3rd overall in history and Brady as the 52nd. If you think this has any creedence after being informed of that, further explanation on your behalf would be pointless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

OK, that's one...what else ya got???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

there is still another shoe to drop here keep in mind free agency hasnt started I am thinking 

Mathias Kiwanuka

bam theres the shoe or possible another vetrean DE into the to mix will have to wait and see remember last year everyone was like devin who!! why!! where what???? ure not saying what anymore now are yaa! wait watch ull see !!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

[QUOTE]Ok Ender, Cam Jorden would be a bust in this defence. Castonzo would have been a bust in this Offense in comparison to Solder (who was coming off the board one or two picks after 17 from everything I've heard). Since he has already reached his max potential Most thought Ras-I was the TALLER therefore BETTER CB. Now why should we be happy with drafting probable busts and players that aren't as good as what the Pats did get?
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous.. first off Cam Jordan was said to be a perfect match for our defense, Im not sure where you getting your info but he's a solid player.  If you didnt like him we had a shot at Amukamara and Nick Fairly only 3 spots ahead of us.  Take your pick, but its a free player sense we still get a 1st rounder and a solid OT.

You think they are going to be busts?  hmm... guess we should keep an eye on them and see how they do in their carreers.  You cant call any of them a bust any more than I can call Vereen Ridley or Solder busts.  I dont know if they will have success, I just know how the experts rated them, and all my picks are rated higher than what we got.  If BB would show me his board before the draft I could give you a better assesment on value lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness? : WOW! You say this is getting ridiculous and then you state "facts" which are anything but! Here's another mans take on your "Facts;"
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

What are all these sources that you have lol.. are you some super secret football spy that has un known sources that give him information but he cant tell us who they are because the mobs after em?

If im "one of those guys who hated devin mccourty and the entire 2010"  your one of those guys that A.  Pretends he saw everything coming and never strayed a bit. and B.  Sucks down as much Kool aid as possible because BB cant do wrong in your eyes.  You tellin me he didnt make a single move in that draft that you didnt like?  EXACTLY!  You dont have an opinion because your not a real fan.  You just think whatever is done must have been for the best because your flippin clueless.

No one saw Devin Mccourty coming, but I LOVED last years draft.  I thought the TE's had great value and we addressed our defense in rounds not named 5,6, and 7.  I didnt hate on DMC, I just didnt understand it because I didnt see him coming.  No shame in admitting it.  However this year... you know how many people will have to be wrong for BB to be right?  Maybe he will.. I hope he is.. probably not.  Bill is great at finding Value, and his stock pile of picks is going to keep us in the hunt for a long time, but hes not the greatest talent evaluator of all time.  he has plenty of BUsts in early rounds.  You cant get around it, its a fact of the draft.  You have to play the percentages.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Im gonna get run for posting so much, but I forgot something.

Solder--------duh 17
    Costanzo-----INDY at 22
    Watkins------Philly at 23
    Carimi--------CHICAGO BEARS DRAFTED HIM AT..... 29  do the math.

Now if we dont take solder at 17, we are GURANTEED carimi.  See how that works or am I typin to fast?  Not only are we guranteed carimi, you dont know how NOT taking solder changes other peoples picks.  Bump each guy down a pick and maybe we still get solder if teams liked Castanzo or Watkins better.  Castanzo was the NO 2 rated guy behind Tyron Smith, and im not even using secret informants for that info.  Solder had a high ceiling, but he was a project.  Projects in the first round could fall. 

PLus we have multiple draft picks in each round for a reason.. trade up if we need to.  By not taking 2 RB's to do what Leshoure can do alone we have an extra pick hanging around.  ABOUT LESHOURE.. you said something dumb about.. can he catch or block.  uh... yes.  Watch a 3 minute youtube on the second rated RB in the draft before you talk crap on my shoulda coulda woulda mock draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'm just blown away that people find this draft to be a poor one....I love almost every selection & where they were picked...immediate needs addressed & next years draft is well stocked with multiple picks in the first 2 rounds....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I wouldn't have used a selection in the first on Carimi or Watkins. 

Solder isn't a 'project' ... he is the best OT in the draft and was flat out dominant at a big-12 program. He has some room to grow, which is not the same as a project... it only means a top notch first round tackle could turn into a HOF, first overall caliber tackle. 

I liked LeShoure, but Vereen is probably better for this offense than LeShoure. 

If you are using youtube highlight reels as the basis for your evaluation, then sure, Mikel probably looks like the next coming of Barry Sanders. But he wasn't all that and a bag of chips. In fact, he has a little Maroney in him. He is the kind of runner, and I know this from watching him play whole games, that doesn't get max yards in a scrum. He runs into blockers. And he isn't a gifted pass catcher, but is a total project on that front. 

Saying he is a no brainer belies the fact that he was a second round back on almost everyone's board and still slipped. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

I read a good article at http://60maxpowero.com/pats_nb050711.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kristian. Show Kristian's posts

How many Super Bowls have you won?  How many AFC Championships have you won?  How many division titles have you won?  Sorry, but running your fantasy league doesn't count.

In Response to Is there an explanation for this madness?:
    [QUOTE]I would like for ANYONE to defend Belichick right now. Please do. It is simply idiotic what the Pats are doing. Haven't we learned anything from past years?  This draft is a complete joke, one of the worst any team has had. How can one explain this? We all knew what the need was. A DE, OLB, WR.  Everyone knew we desperately needed a DE and a OLB. Yet BB doesnt know that?! You have got to be kidding me if you think it's alright to go into a season with such a weak D line. 1st round, 17th pick. can understand going with an OT. Could've taken Cameron Jordan. 28th pick- why trade it away if you can get Hayward, and he went to Steelers. Steelers know a thing or two about great LB's. Why pick a CB with 33th pick? We have McCourty and Bodden. Pretty Solid. What are they thinking drafting a RB? I thought we were fine with Ellis and Woohead. If they really want  a RB, why not take the best one in the draft, Ingram?! The 3rd round was simply a disgrace. So now we need a 2nd running back. He will be the 4th best running back on this team. That can be had in 6th round. Also wasted a pick on Mallett. So now a QB was our need? 3rd round pick who wont play in the next 4 years. I dare any of you to defend this nonsnece. Anyone remember wasting a 3rd round pick on Kevin O'Connell. Unbelievable. Belichick has simply lost his mind. Either he is not thinking straight or he has lost it when it comes to defense.  Apparently BB thinks its not neccesary  to have a defense like Packers, Steelers.Washington just selelcted Hankerson. How can anyone argue that this wouldn't be a better pick than Mallett or the 2nd rb we took?   Hope the Pats have fun with the marshmallow defense next year and midget WR's.
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmb. Show mmb's posts

How many games did we lose last year because of poor play by the DE and OLB positions? Maybe one? The Browns game was about stopping the run, not rushing the passer. I'd put the first Jets game on Darius Butler. And the playoff game was mostly the pathetic offense.

I guess every team would like a stud end rusher. But BB obviously thinks that sacks are a vastly overrated stat, and that pressure on the QB comes from good protection in the secondary. Last year the defense got better as the season went on, to the point where they were generating pressure and calling some blitzes at the end of the year. I think you can project last year's squad to continue to improve, now with more depth in the secondary.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StompersLover. Show StompersLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness? : Ridiculous.. first off Cam Jordan was said to be a perfect match for our defense, Im not sure where you getting your info but he's a solid player.  If you didnt like him we had a shot at Amukamara and Nick Fairly only 3 spots ahead of us.  Take your pick, but its a free player sense we still get a 1st rounder and a solid OT. You think they are going to be busts?  hmm... guess we should keep an eye on them and see how they do in their carreers.  You cant call any of them a bust any more than I can call Vereen Ridley or Solder busts.  I dont know if they will have success, I just know how the experts rated them, and all my picks are rated higher than what we got.  If BB would show me his board before the draft I could give you a better assesment on value lol.

He had 3-4 experience, the only knock was his size. He's 287, so he would have needed to bulk up.

I prefer to default to Bill Belchick, arguably the leagues best talent evaluator with the best scouting staff and approach to this, v.s. pretending I know more and pretending he has special powers to get everyone's 1st choice/NCAA binky because certain Pats fans want to see that player in a Pats uni.

Makes no sense to be that irrationally critical over a draft when BB's track record with LOGIC is there.

Some of you would be on suicide watch or in jail if you had followed 75% of NFL teams the last decade.

Go talk to 75% of NFL fans and they'd give BB the reins tomorrow with his staff and not think twice. 

As good as Andy Reid is in Philly, I bet Philly fans would love to fire him and bring in BB. Like, today.

At least fans in KC and now Atlanta have hope by adopting similar strategies with Pioli and Dimitrioff.

Each time wisely took a Bradyesque QB to build around and now are set up to move.

Do the math.

Splitting hairs over specific players in Round 1 or ROund 2 is pointless because we don't know his plans nor do we know what these players said or did in interviews and why coaches in NE may not have liked a certain player.

This team is flat out LOADED on both sides of the ball going into 2011 and is a pass rush specialist away from being a SB favorite, even though they already are.

This means we are in good times here as Pats fans.  You should try to enjoy the ride more.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts