Re: Is there an explanation for this madness?
posted at 5/10/2011 3:27 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness?
:WOW! You say this is getting ridiculous and then you state "facts" which are anything but! Here's another mans take on your "Facts;"
[QUOTE]Oh man this is getting ridiculous. For all you morons that keep telling the "draft haters" that they cant comment because they dont know more than BB.. give it a rest! No one on here claims to know more about football than Bill Freakin Belichick. This however is a Patriots fan discussion board so we can say whatever the frek we want about the decisions made in the draft.
1. The draft sucked How about we wait til they have at least one practice (never mind a game before we make that judgement!) lol You probably thought last years draft sucked right after it ended also!
2. Just because we drafted good palyers, doesnt mean the draft cant suck. OK, but a least we got good "palyers" lol
3. Regardless if you liked the picks or not, We could have had Solder, Carimi, or Castonzo with pick 28 GURANTEED!!!!! No we couldn't have! (and do you mean guaranteed?!) Multiple outlets confirmed the Giants were set to pounce on Solder at 20 and were ticked New England took him. Costanzo didn't make it to 28 in the actual draft, so how do you "guarantee" that he would make it there?! lol silly. Carimi? Yes if BB wanted him we could have had him at 28 since Baltimore and Chicago screwed up there trade, otherwise he is off the board at 26.
That means we could have traded up for Fairley... Not sure why we would want a 4/3 DT when we play 3/4, and he clearly doesn't fit BB's player profile. Spent the last year and a half cleaning out the locker room why bring a questionable attitude in now?
Traded back for Cam Jordan.lol if BB wanted Jordan he would have taken him, he had the opportunity
. ... WHATEVER.
4. We possibly could have traded 33 for a 1st rounder in 2012. REALLY HOW?? They tried!!! Again multiple sources say the Pats couldn't even get a pair of two's for the pick the highest offer was SF offering a pair of 3's.
Sense the saints 2012 first rounder is probably 25-32.. any other team we trade 33 to is going to be in the same range. Again, we tried and had no bites on 33....
5. Ras I Dowling OR Aaron WIlliams (SAME GRADE) Could have been traded up for or had at there designated Rnd 2 pick. Same grade? ok so you take the bigger / faster Dowling right? Your probably the guy that raised he!! last year cause we took McCourty instead of Kyle Wilson! Didn't that decision show you BB just might know a little more than YOU?!
6. NOW WE ARE PAST THE ABSOLUTE MISTAKES AND ARE NOW INTO THE OPINIONS. LOL I think its clear that your version of "absoloute mistakes" is a little, no make that alot misguided!
7. Why take Vereen and Ridley(reach) over Mikel leshoure? Leshoure was compared to Steven Jackson, and its been said he will become an everydown back. He can catch, he can run. Why draft 2 guys for 1 job? Just because someone tells you that Leshoure is going to be the next Steven Jackson, does that mean you draft him? How are his hands? Does he catch out of the backfield? Blitz pick up? These are issues that are more important to NE's scheme. You are ranting here and you probably NEVER saw any of these RB's play a game in person!!
8. I like the trade for an extra second next year. Yeah! We agree on something.
9. I like Ryan Mallets possabilities. Uh oh, we agree twice in a row! Whats going on here?!
10. I like Marcus cannons possabilities. Make it three in a row....
My draft ends us with.. Cam Jordan didnt want him
Anthony Castonzo not there unless you trade up
(maybe Carimi) 1st round pick next year projected between 25-32 we got that
Aaron Williams (cb same grade as Dowling, some thought was higher) or Ras I Dowling (Ridley) we chose Dowling
We traded this pick to jump up for Dowling/Williams Oaklands Round 2 next year Ryan Mallet Marcus Cannon Bill.. if your reading this thread, im available for higher. (I assume you mean "hire," although based on your post "higher" may be more like it!)
lol I will work for tickets to the patriots games lol.
Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]