Is there an explanation for this madness?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Re: Is there an explanation for this madness?

In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness?:
    In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness? : I think you need to do the math.   You witnessed an historical era of NFL greatness, yet you pretend you have better draft approach than BB. It's just ridiculous.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

fixed, hope you enjoyed the ride.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Let's seriously wager right now. I have a standing wager with a friend of mine who is a Jets fan, who was dumb enough to wishfully hope and wager that BB and Brady would never win a SB ever again.   Obviously, the odds of this don't favor my stupid friend. What do you say? If you are so confident that NE is so poorly set up for the next 5 years, please step forward and we'll wager once and for all. How about $500?

King, I am really starting to look forward to your posts! I appreciate what you have to say. Ignore these dang trolls! The Pats were supposed to stink last year as they "rebuild" but they went 14-2. You cant please some of these spoiled brat fans (who have only been on the bandwagon for the last 10 or so years)and certainly not going to please the Jets trolls. Facts speak for themselves. Is BB perfect? No, but I think 31 other GM's (or make that owners) would love to have his success for the last 10 years!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sisqaum. Show Sisqaum's posts

In Response to Is there an explanation for this madness?:
    I would like for ANYONE to defend Belichick right now. Please do. It is simply idiotic what the Pats are doing. Haven't we learned anything from past years?  This draft is a complete joke, one of the worst any team has had. How can one explain this? We all knew what the need was. A DE, OLB, WR.  Everyone knew we desperately needed a DE and a OLB. Yet BB doesnt know that?! You have got to be kidding me if you think it's alright to go into a season with such a weak D line. 1st round, 17th pick. can understand going with an OT. Could've taken Cameron Jordan. 28th pick- why trade it away if you can get Hayward, and he went to Steelers. Steelers know a thing or two about great LB's. Why pick a CB with 33th pick? We have McCourty and Bodden. Pretty Solid. What are they thinking drafting a RB? I thought we were fine with Ellis and Woohead. If they really want  a RB, why not take the best one in the draft, Ingram?! The 3rd round was simply a disgrace. So now we need a 2nd running back. He will be the 4th best running back on this team. That can be had in 6th round. Also wasted a pick on Mallett. So now a QB was our need? 3rd round pick who wont play in the next 4 years. I dare any of you to defend this nonsnece. Anyone remember wasting a 3rd round pick on Kevin O'Connell. Unbelievable. Belichick has simply lost his mind. Either he is not thinking straight or he has lost it when it comes to defense.  Apparently BB thinks its not neccesary  to have a defense like Packers, Steelers.Washington just selelcted Hankerson. How can anyone argue that this wouldn't be a better pick than Mallett or the 2nd rb we took?   Hope the Pats have fun with the marshmallow defense next year and midget WR's.
    Posted by Spetznaz24

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I love who Whodat runs away.  I'd even send him a money order for $100 just as a downpayment of the bet to make him sign off on the full $500 wager. These trolls are all talk. They come in with peashooters and hope their wads stick to the wall. Clueless.

we have been over the forum betting policy.  noone is going to pay up on a forum bet.  furthermore, i would not want to meet you off this forum.  while we both may live in florida, you are not one of the few people on this forum i would entertain having a beer with and talking football.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

OK, that's one...what else ya got???
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

That analysis puts no weight on need. Additionally, the measure as to whether a player has managed to hang on in the NFL is worth little. Being the king of scrub finders doesn't make one a great drafter. And if the best pick you have managed in 10 years is Asante Samuel, well....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I don't live in Florida whatsoever, dribbly. And you backing down from your statements as a troll proves you are a wuss.

you are a headcase...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness? : I think you need to do the math.   You are witnessing an historical era of NFL greatness, yet you pretend you have better draft approach than BB. It's just ridiculous.

Sorry Burger King, but going 0 for the last 6 in SBs is not "an historical era of NFL greatness". You just can't keep saying, 3 of the last six,3 of the last 7, 3 of the last 8, 3 of the last 9 and keep calling it an historical era. Before you know it you're saying 3 of the last 15.

But considering he has a future HOFamer at QB it could well be developing into "an historical era of futility".

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness? : No. Setting up a potential second run of SB appearances within a 15 year span is not only legendary, it won't be done again in the cap era. NE is the only team to win 3/4 SBs in the cap era. That clearly is historical. Dallas won 2/3 (years), 3 total, but one was in the 1992 season, and that's debatable consdiering teams weren't in need to adjust to it until the post 1993 contracts officially expired. NE also made a SB in 2007, with a never been done before 16-0 season.  If there was no cap, I am not sure this team would lose a game.  This isn't a no cap league like baseball where the Yankees have last say of every free agent of choice with the checkbook at the ready, dummy. You're a full blown idiot and you don't know it yet, as old as you are.  Sitting here dancing around as a fan of Babe Parilli, a loser in a loser era for the Pats and you're this irrational with what you are witnessing. Pathetic. You're an old man loser.  What's it like to live your life and realize you are a loser?

"A potential second run of SB apperances"? You are getting a little ahead of yourself buster. Right now, we're working on just not going one and out despite having a first time ever unanimous MVP QB last year, who will be a first year eligible HOFamer.

The entire world knows we needed a pass rush and that was not addressed yet again in the most recent miss the mark draft.

It is an unsavory but necessary task to inform you that guys like Butler, Spikes, Chung, Cunningham and Brace are not the stuff dynasties are made of.

I'm just hoping that we can squeak one SB win out of the next few years. With Brady and the ho hum cast assembled around him by the genius that is not out of the question. But a dynasty seems like a pipe dream at this juncture.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

How many games did we lose last year because of poor play by the DE and OLB positions? Maybe one? The Browns game was about stopping the run, not rushing the passer. I'd put the first Jets game on Darius Butler. And the playoff game was mostly the pathetic offense. I guess every team would like a stud end rusher. But BB obviously thinks that sacks are a vastly overrated stat, and that pressure on the QB comes from good protection in the secondary. Last year the defense got better as the season went on, to the point where they were generating pressure and calling some blitzes at the end of the year. I think you can project last year's squad to continue to improve, now with more depth in the secondary.
    Posted by mmb

You are a bit deluded on this. I strongly suspect if our D could have put pressure on Sanchez he would have performed at his career 70 passer rating rather than the 127 he threw up.

Meanwhile Brady tossed around his typical career playoff number. We need a pass rush. End of story.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness? : There are two teams, right now, that are very much similar with how they are set up for future success in 2011 and beyond: GB  and NE While you can find strengths for one team and weaknesses, you can see the bulk of what they are doing via the draft puts them into an upper tier of expected success in the upcoming seasons. No one is saying, they are definitively SB winners in future years or even SB participants, but the formulas are similar and both are in very good shape from a financial standpoint and management standpoint. You are a troll or an irrational Pats fan and flat out blind as a bat. This is by design so you can give yourself entertainment as a bored, bitter old man.

Let me return in kind your generous free analysis and say you are a pretentious punk, and if you knew half what you pretend to know you would know twice as much as you actually know.

But I hope you're right about the future prospects for our boys. But you aren't.

I do like GBs chances. Rogers is amazing. The formula today is "elite QB + strong D = great chance to win it all". For both teams the next few years the question will be the second part of the formula.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealSoxFan. Show MontrealSoxFan's posts

In Response to Is there an explanation for this madness?:
    [QUOTE]I would like for ANYONE to defend Belichick right now. Please do. It is simply idiotic what the Pats are doing. Haven't we learned anything from past years? 

It's amazing that BB can very successfully work in his field for 30+ years, day in and day out, and some person who probably doesn't spend more than an occassional 30 minutes a day thinking about the topic, and likely doesn't well understand the topic to begin with, has the nerve to question the decisions BB makes. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Is there an explanation for this madness? :
    I would like for ANYONE to defend Belichick right now. Please do. It is simply idiotic what the Pats are doing. Haven't we learned anything from past years?  It's amazing that BB can very successfully work in his field for 30+ years, day in and day out, and some person who probably doesn't spend more than an occassional 30 minutes a day thinking about the topic, and likely doesn't well understand the topic to begin with, has the nerve to question the decisions BB makes. 
    Posted by MontrealSoxFan

So, you have never criticized the decision of a coach or GM for a sports team?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GLOBEREADER83. Show GLOBEREADER83's posts

Disipline.  Imagine if Belichick were controlling US spending? We would not be in financial crisis we face today. 

Belichick picks the best value on the board, regardless of team needs.  That takes incredible disipline.  Other teams try to adopt that approach but ultimately give in to fan pressure or a moment of weakness.

Picking the best available player builds a stronger team for today and the future.  Drafting for need results in a team of "fillers" that will never be great.

Disipline is the key to success.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

I wouldn't have used a selection in the first on Carimi or Watkins.  Solder isn't a 'project' ... he is the best OT in the draft and was flat out dominant at a big-12 program. He has some room to grow, which is not the same as a project... it only means a top notch first round tackle could turn into a HOF, first overall caliber tackle.  I liked LeShoure, but Vereen is probably better for this offense than LeShoure.  If you are using youtube highlight reels as the basis for your evaluation, then sure, Mikel probably looks like the next coming of Barry Sanders. But he wasn't all that and a bag of chips. In fact, he has a little Maroney in him. He is the kind of runner, and I know this from watching him play whole games, that doesn't get max yards in a scrum. He runs into blockers. And he isn't a gifted pass catcher, but is a total project on that front.  Saying he is a no brainer belies the fact that he was a second round back on almost everyone's board and still slipped. 
    Posted by zbellino

Solder is absoloutley a project.  He only had 21 reps at the combine which is well under par for his position.  He also has issues with being stood up by defenders.  Im not saying he's not a great player, I just think we could had similar value later in the first round and picked up a pass rusher with 17 thats all.  I wasnt basing anything off youtube highlights lol I was just commenting to the burger king man that if he wasnt sure if Mikel Leshoure could catch a football maybe he could atleast look at a youtube highlight reel before running me for my post.

I personally dont know jack crap compared to BB, thats why he makes millions and I do construction lol.  I just think its fun to look at what could have been and play with the idea of how I would  have done it.  I have no illusions that I am this football master evaluator.  Nor am I a strong speller lol.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

That depends on your definition of very successful, and exactly what success was in fact generated by the system you are talking about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Is there an explanation for this madness? : Keep in mind, GB's defense was a mess the years leading up to last year. WORSE than NE's. I'll consider you calling me a punk code for "he knows what he's talking about because he's done his homework and now I look completely foolish and exposed". Good day, Baby.

Righto, and their success showed that. It is actually code for "you're a pretentious punk".

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The first sentence was in response to your first point. The second sentence was in response to your second point.

I will endeavor to be more clear in the future so even you can understand a couple of specific responses to your statements. It was apparently folly for me to assume you could figure it out. I didn't think it was that complex.

Sections
Shortcuts