Is there anyone who hasn't been blamed yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Is there anyone who hasn't been blamed yet?

Here's an idea: maybe the Pats are struggling due to the fact that they have a young defense which is retooled because you can't play with guys who are 75 years old and still want wads of cash, have lost many of their coaching and management staff to other teams because they were so good at what they did, and have a QB who is in his first year back from missing a year off (look at the stats on QB's coming off of that injury - how did Palmer and McNabb do?...not so hot....).  I've read accusations on these boards against just about everybody in the organization blaming the Pats for their shortcomings this year.  The NFL is built on PARITY - the Pats lost 3 games this season which were within a touchdown....one play the other way and you're looking at a 10-2 team.  It happens, but it's amazing how little perspective and common sense people have when posting on here.  Next year the Patriots have a wealth of draft picks, will likely add some free agents and will have a QB who has a year post injury under his belt (as well as a more experienced, yet YOUNG!!!! defense).  OBVIOUSLY they need a pass rush and a third option at WR......but to think these things are going to appear out of thin air is assinine - show at least the patience of a five year old. 

The blame game gets old - this is the time when as fans, you need to act like grown ups and have REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS for a team that has more than earned the benefit of the doubt over the long run.  Simply amazing that people on here even resorted to calling Bob Kraft 'cheap' after bringing this team a new stadium and 3 championships.......sometimes the stuff you read on here is simply mind-blowing......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Is there anyone who hasn't been blamed yet?

Up to this point only I have yet to be blamed and I'd like to throw my hat in the ring right now. It's my fault, I'm a horrible fan and a miserable excuse for a human being. No wonder why my team can't win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

well, it's probably my fault too - I didn't wear my lucky jersey yesterday.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The cameras showed an older lady in the upper stands briefly.  She had a pretty suspicious look on her face and seemed to be hiding a voodoo doll.  I think she was at the Colts and Saints game too.  We might have our culprit...  Search the little old ladies that look suspicious entering the stadium.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Their secondary is better than last year's.

Their CBs are better than Hobbs/O'Neal.

TBC is their best pass rusher and he wasn't with the team last year.

Merriweather is having a career year. McGowan beat out James Sanders, last year's starting strong safety.

The Pats should have won the following games:

@Denver
    @Indy
    @Miami

Bottom Line: The Pats have no OC and Dean Pees is an incompetent DC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spagackle. Show Spagackle's posts

In Response to Is there anyone who hasn't been blamed yet?:
    [QUOTE]Here's an idea: maybe the Pats are struggling due to the fact that they have a young defense which is retooled because you can't play with guys who are 75 years old and still want wads of cash, have lost many of their coaching and management staff to other teams because they were so good at what they did, and have a QB who is in his first year back from missing a year off (look at the stats on QB's coming off of that injury - how did Palmer and McNabb do?...not so hot....).  I've read accusations on these boards against just about everybody in the organization blaming the Pats for their shortcomings this year.  The NFL is built on PARITY - the Pats lost 3 games this season which were within a touchdown....one play the other way and you're looking at a 10-2 team.  It happens, but it's amazing how little perspective and common sense people have when posting on here.  Next year the Patriots have a wealth of draft picks, will likely add some free agents and will have a QB who has a year post injury under his belt (as well as a more experienced, yet YOUNG!!!! defense).  OBVIOUSLY they need a pass rush and a third option at WR......but to think these things are going to appear out of thin air is assinine - show at least the patience of a five year old.  The blame game gets old - this is the time when as fans, you need to act like grown ups and have REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS for a team that has more than earned the benefit of the doubt over the long run.  Simply amazing that people on here even resorted to calling Bob Kraft 'cheap' after bringing this team a new stadium and 3 championships.......sometimes the stuff you read on here is simply mind-blowing......
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

I agree with 100% what you say. If they make a few more plays, this team is 10-2. There is no doubt a glaring need for pass rush. when you give any QB that much time, they will make you pay.

Anything can happen in the playoffs so we just need to focus on winning the division then it is a whole new season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Is there anyone who hasn't been blamed yet?:
    [QUOTE]Definitely blame the Patriots fans. Without your terrible attitude there wouldn't be this much dissapointment.
    Posted by SchwillyPete[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a man that routes for a loser every year and never expects to win anything. Relax your wish will be granted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptorpete. Show raptorpete's posts

Exactly correct. NO Offensive Coordinator, DC maybe. BB has had to spend TOO MUCH time doing/correcting both areas, defense & offense. Hire an offensive coordinator so at least BB can use his expertise on defensive situations. The offense has NO creativity or ingenuity. Moss is always double covered as is Welker some of the time, so force a throw to Welker for a few yards or hand off to Maroney in hopes that he won't get tackled behind the line of scrimmage or even better throw a jump ball to Moss surrounded, by 3 defenders, in hopes that Randy can take it away from them. 3 throws to Sam Aikin, 1 to a tight end, backs out of the backfield, I can't remember any. What gives. With 4th and inches and Brady having about 2000 pounds of muscled humanity in front of him, some genius has the brillant idea that Sammy Morris can run right thru these 10 or 12 guys. That was really a novel idea. We really need someone with some form of intelect in the area of football offensive stratergy. Otherwise we are doomed. I'm sure that the plays that are making Tom Brady look like the scape goat are not his doing but plays being called in by some clueless offensive want-a-be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I blame global warming and Tiger woods.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Yeah, that F'in long snapper guy....F him to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

No many people like to accept that this team is in a transition phase, that means good-bye to the old (great) players and to welcome new, young (inexperience) players.

For most of the NFL teams this phase is a painful one. But not for NE, because of BB, and TB12.

This year is not going to be a Championship year, not even the  year after that... it takes time to re-tool an great NFL team is this era.

We are going to have ONE chance to be great this year, maybe against the @Colts or the @Bolts... let´s see if this team can make it.

Next year= more rookies, more sads good byes, and more young players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I don't know if there is anyone left to blame.  But I do hate your original post - especially the part about how many draft pickes we have next year.

I am so sick of hearing about how many draft pickes we have.  I hear that EVERY year and the team hasn't done well via the draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

[QUOTE]Their secondary is better than last year's. Their CBs are better than Hobbs/O'Neal. TBC is their best pass rusher and he wasn't with the team last year. Merriweather is having a career year. McGowan beat out James Sanders, last year's starting strong safety. The Pats should have won the following games: @Denver @Indy @Miami Bottom Line: The Pats have no OC and Dean Pees is an incompetent DC.
    Posted by CubanPete[/QUOTE]

100% Agree, Talent is better than last year and coaching is far worse... Sad but True.... Please BB, wake up and smell the coffee, hire some coordinators!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

[QUOTE]I blame global warming and Tiger woods.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I'll see that and raise you a President Bush.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Clearly, society is to blame.

Are you a member of society?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there anyone who hasn't been blamed yet? : I'll see that and raise you a President Bush.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]
    Him and O-blame-a

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The man is keeping us down again....it's that guy is section 108 that won't stand up and cheer on 3rd down, or reciprocate with a $7 beer...may he slip and fall  in the men's room swamp at halftime!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Here's an idea: maybe the Pats are struggling due to the fact that they have a young defense which is retooled because you can't play with guys who are 75 years old and still want wads of cash, have lost many of their coaching and management staff to other teams because they were so good at what they did, and have a QB who is in his first year back from missing a year off (look at the stats on QB's coming off of that injury - how did Palmer and McNabb do?...not so hot....).  I've read accusations on these boards against just about everybody in the organization blaming the Pats for their shortcomings this year.  The NFL is built on PARITY - the Pats lost 3 games this season which were within a touchdown....one play the other way and you're looking at a 10-2 team.  It happens, but it's amazing how little perspective and common sense people have when posting on here.  Next year the Patriots have a wealth of draft picks, will likely add some free agents and will have a QB who has a year post injury under his belt (as well as a more experienced, yet YOUNG!!!! defense).  OBVIOUSLY they need a pass rush and a third option at WR......but to think these things are going to appear out of thin air is assinine - show at least the patience of a five year old.  The blame game gets old - this is the time when as fans, you need to act like grown ups and have REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS for a team that has more than earned the benefit of the doubt over the long run.  Simply amazing that people on here even resorted to calling Bob Kraft 'cheap' after bringing this team a new stadium and 3 championships.......sometimes the stuff you read on here is simply mind-blowing......
    Posted by jeffab

I like this post. I understand that people have come to expect greatness every year from the Patriots. Still, I don't know how they expected the D to not struggle at all this season. There are many young players on the team now who are still adjusting to the NFL, and they lost a lot of leadership when Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, and Seymour left.

As for those who are throwing TB under the bus, well, I guess I didn't realize how terrible almost 4000 yards on the year, a 300+ yards per game average, 22 touchdowns, and a 96.9 passer rating is on a guy's first year back from major knee reconsctruction surgery. Maybe the Pats should give JaMarcus Russell a call and see if his services are available for the right price.

I do think the complaints about the play-calling have been valid. It all seems kind of stale and predictable, and I think that opposing teams have had them figured out by the second half and O'Brien has failed to adjust accordingly. They can do better, and I'd like to see a new OC next year.

Anyway, I don't mind if people are frustrated -- it's tough to watch the team lose, I know -- but all of the hyperbole like "fire Belichick!", "time to ship Brady to the glue factory!", "Adalius Thomas should be sent to live in Mordor!" is getting a little crazy. Even the most wildly successful franchises have down years, and we happen to be in one of them. The future still looks pretty bright.

Oh, and I don't think I've seen anyone blaming Theo Epstein yet. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Here's an idea: maybe the Pats are struggling due to the fact that they have a young defense which is retooled because you can't play with guys who are 75 years old and still want wads of cash, have lost many of their coaching and management staff to other teams because they were so good at what they did, and have a QB who is in his first year back from missing a year off (look at the stats on QB's coming off of that injury - how did Palmer and McNabb do?...not so hot....).  I've read accusations on these boards against just about everybody in the organization blaming the Pats for their shortcomings this year.  The NFL is built on PARITY - the Pats lost 3 games this season which were within a touchdown....one play the other way and you're looking at a 10-2 team.  It happens, but it's amazing how little perspective and common sense people have when posting on here.  Next year the Patriots have a wealth of draft picks, will likely add some free agents and will have a QB who has a year post injury under his belt (as well as a more experienced, yet YOUNG!!!! defense).  OBVIOUSLY they need a pass rush and a third option at WR......but to think these things are going to appear out of thin air is assinine - show at least the patience of a five year old.  The blame game gets old - this is the time when as fans, you need to act like grown ups and have REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS for a team that has more than earned the benefit of the doubt over the long run.  Simply amazing that people on here even resorted to calling Bob Kraft 'cheap' after bringing this team a new stadium and 3 championships.......sometimes the stuff you read on here is simply mind-blowing......
    Posted by jeffab

This team could be 10-2 (with a lot of luck) or more realistically could be 6-6 if they lost to Buffalo (which they definitely should have) and 5-7 if they also lost to Baltimore, which they probably should have.  We have seen the Pats win with a waiver wire team (2001).  This is an underachieving group, particularly on the offensive side of the ball.  And the total lack of pass rush on D is driving me freakin' crazY.

Sections
Shortcuts