Is this crazy?! Mike florio? Trade for manziel?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Is this crazy?! Mike florio? Trade for manziel?

http://fansided.com/2014/04/01/nfl-draft-rumors-new-england-patriots-interested-trading-johnny-manziel/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Is this crazy?! Mike florio? Trade for manziel?

I think the writer at fansided has it backwards.

Florio said that if Manziel is there @29, the Pats would trade away the pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I was about to say Florio is nuts..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I wouldn't use a first rounder on that little pipsqueak. Maybe a third.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I, too, have concerns about whether or not he's worth a first round pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Florio is indeed nuts.....not going to happen in a million years...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Manziel reminds me of Tebow coming out of college and we all know great THAT turned out!!!! No Thanks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

They are also bringing in Bridgewater... sounds to me like they want to see what value these kids have or want more evaluation info on them, in case they need to play them or they have something going on with Mallet and need a better backup for Brady....

BB just doing his homework.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are also bringing in Bridgewater... sounds to me like they want to see what value these kids have or want more evaluation info on them, in case they need to play them or they have something going on with Mallet and need a better backup for Brady....

BB just doing his homework.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's to see if someone will trade for pick 29 to get them if they drop that far. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

One thing I don't get about the article "the Pats will have a better sense regarding the appropriate trade compensation for a crack at Manziel." why should it matter what they evaluate the player as? If they think he's worth 3 1st round picks and no one is willing to trade that does that mean they pick him or just take another player? I'm pretty sure if they evaluate him poorly they are still going to get as much as they can out of a team same as if he evaluated out great. You get as much as you can with the pick regardless of the player the other team wants. Frankly, moving back for umptine picks hasn't worked out great lately for us so unless it involves a mid too high 2nd this year and a 1st next year then use the pick on actual talent in the draft instead of moving back and getting nice complementary pieces.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I think maziels the best qb in this draft.. If he did fall to 29 I would take him in a heart beat. To learn under brasy would be huge fir him for those saying he won't be able to translate his game to the NFL.. I think he has a better head on his shoulders and wants to win more than mallet.. Mallet looks like a junkie just happy to get his back up check. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Florio likes to stir things up...not happening

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Manziel reminds me of Tebow coming out of college and we all know great THAT turned out!!!! No Thanks!

[/QUOTE]

He is so unlike TEbow it is not funny. Now saying he is like him IS funny.

You do not need to be a believer in Manziel to see this. And for starters he as 2 huge things Tebow still does not have even after a few years in the NFL:

1. relatively accurate... especially compared to Tebow

2. able to read a defense... Tebow reads English, not defenses.

3. Makes some passing plays with his legs whereas Tebow made ruuning plays with his legs and rarely passing plays.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

If Manziel was there I woould first look to see if a good trade was possible. But unless there was real value in a trade I guess I would draft the guy... it is not olike saying you would use THE top lick or even a top 10 pick... it would be 29. That seems attractive.

Frankly I see no way he falls that far. If he is not picked #1 or even in the top 5 he will be snatched up long before our pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

You are comparing Manziel with Tebow? That is funny. Sorry, but I have to ask: Do you even watch college football?

I like Tebow and espect what he tries to stand for beyond football. He's not a NFL QB.

I actually do not want the Pats to take Manziel in the first. But there are teams who could beenfit a lot from taking him. And because someone will be taking him int eh first, you probably will need to take him there if you want him.

What exactly about Manziel reminds you of Tebow?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think maziels the best qb in this draft.. If he did fall to 29 I would take him in a heart beat. To learn under brasy would be huge fir him for those saying he won't be able to translate his game to the NFL.. I think he has a better head on his shoulders and wants to win more than mallet.. Mallet looks like a junkie just happy to get his back up check. 

[/QUOTE]

Why then would he drop all the way to 29?

HOU, JAC, CLE, OAK, TBB, MIN and/or NYJ direly need a starter or could use an upgrade at the position. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I'm thinking his height. Fran Tarkenton likes him. Almost same kind of QB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't use a first rounder on that little pipsqueak. Maybe a third.

[/QUOTE]

JMcD might

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

This all relates to guaging the top three to Mallotts abilities....the true compensation for the 29th pick as it relates to the rookies....and Mallott compensation in a trade...they cover all bases....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I really hope they don't draft him. I'd rather they kick the tires on Scott Secules and see what he has left

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I would not want the Pats to trade for Johnny Football.  The needs in other areas are too great.

However, count me as one of his fans.   I think he's no worse than the 2nd best QB in this draft.  I'd be very surprised if he fell to the 2nd half of the first round.

Sections
Shortcuts