Is this diagram accurate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Is this diagram accurate?

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I don't think many Pats fans feel entitled. I think many feel great opportunities are being squandered and dread the aftermath where those opportunities will no longer exist.

I think the fans who lack objectivity wrongly see that concern as persons feeling entitled.

I agree with you because I've folowed this team back to the late 60's when sucked. If anybody can remember when Joe Kapp was starting QB for the Pats before Jim Plunkett and Randy Vataha came on the scene. I can remember the games in 73 when OJ tore the Patriots defense rushing for over 200 yards in each game. Still remember the Chuck Fairbanks years with Steve Grogan Russ Francis and Stanley Morgan. Good teams but not great other than having Nelson and Tippett as LB's. Never forget Hog Hannah, still haven't had a lineman as good, Bruce Armstrong came close. Let's not forget the Dick McPherson rara years or the poodle Pete Carroll. Too many have jumped on during the Belicheck - Brady years. I'm enjoying it, won't last forever.

I don't think that's quite it. I think the entitlement mentality is what causes fans to be seen as obnoxious, and it's primarily manifest among those who have followed the team for the last 8 or 10 or 12 years. They have no sense of the history of the team, and why should they?

When I started the following the Pats in the early 1970s, I had no appreciation of what happened in the '60s; it didn't mean anything to me, other than stories related to me by my father who went to AFL games in Fenway and Harvard Stadium. 

Unless you lived through Clive Rush and Fairbanks and Rod Rust and so on, how could you know what those pre-Kraft/Parcells/BB years were like? You can't, no matter how many times you read or hear about it. 

For me, the Kraft years (and that includes back to Parcells) are still a little unreal and I don't take one bit of it for granted. But if you don't know who Hugh Millen is, or how close they came to moving the team to about five different cities, then you only know times when the Patriots mattered, they are relevant.

You only know sellouts and playoffs, so you think that's how the NFL works. They've made it look too easy to win 11 games and remain relevant year after year. So, just like Red Sox fans who came along in the 2000s, you feel entitled. That's human nature.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

OK... I am not saying all is always well.  But the way some people express their concerns is a little over the top.  They expect everything to perfect from everyone but TB it seems.  

You mention the run game... Ridley needs to hold on to the ball but when he does I feel he is one of the btter runners in the league, and then the rest of the cast back there is great depth IMO.

The receivers are rookies and there needs to be patience, and while it's easy to see their mistakes - most seem to overlook that they have been able to get seperation.  Down field seperation has also been missing since Moss and it finally seems like there is life in that department. No one is putting Thompkins and Dobson in Canton yet, but you have to be happy with their progress.

I will be the first one to say Arrington should never play outisde of the slot.  I don't think ANYONE on this board feels different.  However, people fail to give him credit as being the second best slot corner i the league last year, and it seems he picked up were he left off from last year in that department.  Dennard hasn't exactly been shut down on the outside, but he plays with better technique, confidence and skils at that position than we have seen in years past.

As far as someone that says whats on their mind versus someone that talks behind backs...  I am someone that says what's on their mind...  I'm as a real as they come.  If you speak your mind and it's always in a glass half EMPTY manner, more likely than not I just don't want to build a relationship with that person.  Now I do have friends that are like that, and and i ahve half full friends like myself.  Regardless, 99.9% of the time I watch sports by myself for many reasons.   I just feel there are those that express their concerns like whiney, cry babies.

I am invested in my sports more than I should be.  Unfortunately, I do live through my teams as if it chnages my life.  I live a simple life I guess, and I enjoy and feel like I lose and win with them.  I'm emotional I guess. Living on the west coast i also have to stick up for my teams... spy gate, tuck rule, defense sucks year after talk.... Brady overrated.... you name it.  

Not sure if I made myself clear.  I just have more hope than doubt when it comes to my teams.  especially teams like the Pats that have done nothing but WIN for the better part of 12 years......

I can certainly respect that but when I read some of the posts most of the people calling others whinners are saying that because the "whinners" are pointing out things like Ridley needs to hold on to the ball better, the rooks need to start catching balls cleanly and address their reads better, that Arrington is good inside but question why he keeps on being moved outside. To me these aren't negative statements but positive statements meant to improve the team to bring them closer to the ultimate goal. Now to me say, Ridley sucks for fumbling we need to dump him, the rooks will never get it we are doomed, and Arrington sux are just straight negative statements and I agree we don't need them. But again to me there is a sizable grey are there were you can enjoy the Pats and see positives (such as the D improving and the rooks getting better each week) while also seeing areas that need to be improved or asking questions about why certain areas of the team weren't addressed better during the offseason. I don't think it has to be one or the other and I rarely see 1 person take a completely negative stance (well Babe with BB GM, Rusty with Brady, TCal with well...... most of the starting D). I agree as a whole on the board we tend to see more negative debates than positive but that's only because seeing faults sparks debate while you can't really go far with "you'd see that catch, yeah it was awesome". And each person sees a part of the team they love to be addressed. As I said as individuals I don't see many "haters" but we each have our own issues we want addressed and when you add them all up and they spark debate (such as this one) they tend to stand out more on the board then a simple piece about how the Pats look improved in a victory

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

OK... I am not saying all is always well.  But the way some people express their concerns is a little over the top.  They expect everything to perfect from everyone but TB it seems.  

You mention the run game... Ridley needs to hold on to the ball but when he does I feel he is one of the btter runners in the league, and then the rest of the cast back there is great depth IMO.

The receivers are rookies and there needs to be patience, and while it's easy to see their mistakes - most seem to overlook that they have been able to get seperation.  Down field seperation has also been missing since Moss and it finally seems like there is life in that department. No one is putting Thompkins and Dobson in Canton yet, but you have to be happy with their progress.

I will be the first one to say Arrington should never play outisde of the slot.  I don't think ANYONE on this board feels different.  However, people fail to give him credit as being the second best slot corner i the league last year, and it seems he picked up were he left off from last year in that department.  Dennard hasn't exactly been shut down on the outside, but he plays with better technique, confidence and skils at that position than we have seen in years past.

As far as someone that says whats on their mind versus someone that talks behind backs...  I am someone that says what's on their mind...  I'm as a real as they come.  If you speak your mind and it's always in a glass half EMPTY manner, more likely than not I just don't want to build a relationship with that person.  Now I do have friends that are like that, and and i ahve half full friends like myself.  Regardless, 99.9% of the time I watch sports by myself for many reasons.   I just feel there are those that express their concerns like whiney, cry babies.

I am invested in my sports more than I should be.  Unfortunately, I do live through my teams as if it chnages my life.  I live a simple life I guess, and I enjoy and feel like I lose and win with them.  I'm emotional I guess. Living on the west coast i also have to stick up for my teams... spy gate, tuck rule, defense sucks year after talk.... Brady overrated.... you name it.  

Not sure if I made myself clear.  I just have more hope than doubt when it comes to my teams.  especially teams like the Pats that have done nothing but WIN for the better part of 12 years......

I can certainly respect that but when I read some of the posts most of the people calling others whinners are saying that because the "whinners" are pointing out things like Ridley needs to hold on to the ball better, the rooks need to start catching balls cleanly and address their reads better, that Arrington is good inside but question why he keeps on being moved outside. To me these aren't negative statements but positive statements meant to improve the team to bring them closer to the ultimate goal. Now to me say, Ridley sucks for fumbling we need to dump him, the rooks will never get it we are doomed, and Arrington sux are just straight negative statements and I agree we don't need them. But again to me there is a sizable grey are there were you can enjoy the Pats and see positives (such as the D improving and the rooks getting better each week) while also seeing areas that need to be improved or asking questions about why certain areas of the team weren't addressed better during the offseason. I don't think it has to be one or the other and I rarely see 1 person take a completely negative stance (well Babe with BB GM, Rusty with Brady, TCal with well...... most of the starting D). I agree as a whole on the board we tend to see more negative debates than positive but that's only because seeing faults sparks debate while you can't really go far with "you'd see that catch, yeah it was awesome". And each person sees a part of the team they love to be addressed. As I said as individuals I don't see many "haters" but we each have our own issues we want addressed and when you add them all up and they spark debate (such as this one) they tend to stand out more on the board then a simple piece about how the Pats look improved in a victory

Some of the aforementioned posters is really what I allude to when some are just too negative.  I don't want to call him out but babe can be ridiculous iMO.  The only person he seems to give credit to is TB.... it's just annoying.  

Again, I hated this defense for about 3 years or so.... hated it.  It used to scare me when QB's loaded back it and fired down field, and now i am so excited from what I see.  This may not be a 'shut down' defense, but it is a professional, respectable NFL defense.  Yet the first thing people say is, BUT the first 3 teams suck offensively... jeesh... God for bid they have an off day against Atlanta, what they previously accomplished will be for not... they will be a fraud of a D... blah blah blah...

Then with the receivers... yes they are super raw, but I like what I see from this years receivers.  I like this core better than last years.  They could run routes deeper than 10 yards...

I  can be objective like the rest, but I also look at the big picture.  

4. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts