Is this starting to look like the Pete Carroll era?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Is this starting to look like the Pete Carroll era?

I love BB and all that he accomplished, but, but ...   this team has lost its leadership, toughness, and ability to rise up to the challenge.

And, most of all (as others have said) they have become soft.

Carroll succeeded Parcells and similar personnel achieved dramatically lower results.

It looks like we may be in the BB2 era where he and the team have morphed into the Pete Carroll teams.

Anyone else see the similarities?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: Is this starting to look like the Pete Carroll era?

No and dude are you stoned?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

It's funny - I made the same conjecture on ewhite's board about the team rounding into late, if not early 90's form.

They're very mediocre despite athletic talent (speed, size, strength).

It makes me wonder if players will learn from experience or if they just don't have "it"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

And they are soft - they don't step up when the situation calls for it.

They can't run consistently.

They can't score in the red zone.

They can't make stops in the red zone.

They can't make stops on 3rd down.

They can't hold leads.

Soft is an appropriate label for this team until proven otherwise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

In Response to Re: Is this starting to look like the Pete Carroll era?:
    [QUOTE]And they are soft - they don't step up when the situation calls for it. They can't run consistently. They can't score in the red zone. They can't make stops in the red zone. They can't make stops on 3rd down. They can't hold leads. Soft is an appropriate label for this team until proven otherwise.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I think you covered it. Except for the team that comes out in the second half is softer than the team that started the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny - I made the same conjecture on ewhite's board about the team rounding into late, if not early 90's form. They're very mediocre despite athletic talent (speed, size, strength). It makes me wonder if players will learn from experience or if they just don't have "it"
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Nick please stop defining Talent.

- Talent is generally considered to be an innate, personal gift possessed by relatively few people. In essence, someone with talent has an aptitude to do certain things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

K-Max:

No, I'm not stoned (right now), but I should be whenever I watch them now.

This team is now the exact opposite of all prior BB teams with the Pats.  The D has the "bend" part of "bend, but don't break" down to a science.  It's just that they miss the "DON'T" part.

Now it's bend AND break.

At the first sign of adversity they fall apart.

They are S-O-F-T.

Maybe.  Maybe the young guys will get better on D.  I sure hope so.

And we had a right to expect more.  The O is basically the same personnel as last year (with Brady back in place of Cassell).

It's now a collapse in every 2nd half of games and now the 2nd half of the season too.  That was the PC era ... soft and not ready for any challenge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this starting to look like the Pete Carroll era? : Nick please stop defining Talent.  - Talent is generally considered to be an innate, personal gift possessed by relatively few people. In essence, someone with talent has an aptitude to do certain things.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that they don't have any gifts that could be used somehow whatsoever?

Your definition only proves my point.

There IS talent on this Patriots team.  For whatever reason, they're not getting the most out of it.

Merriweather is as TALENTED as any safety in the league.  He's just as fast, just as strong, just as agile, jumps just as high.  Does he make as many plays as Polamalu?  No, but TALENT isn't what separates Polamalu from Merriweather.

Sections
Shortcuts