Is this surprising?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Is this surprising?

We knew this team was decimated by injury, was overachieving for the past few weeks, and was due for a loss. Throw on top of that, the game was in Miami, a place where we have notoriously struggled, and that this game was a MUST HAVE for the Dolphins, and it's not terribly surprising that we'd lose this one. 

That doesn't take away the sting, of course. A win tonight, a chance ot lock-up the division and take command of the #1 seed... yeah, it blows to lose. But, the good new is that this team is still a near-lock to make the postseason, and as we've seen in recent years, the best regular season team isn't necessarily the one who will win the Super Bowl. In fact, the underdogs in the 3-6 seed range have seen success recently. Just get in, that's all that matters. From that point on, it's 3-4 game season. I like how we match up against Denver, I think we could trip-up Cincy in a rematch, we're due to beat Baltimore, and Kansas City can be had. 

Forgive the rambling... all I'm trying to say is:

We lost, but I think most could've seen this coming. This isn't a "bad" loss. No shame in losing to a division rival on the road, in a game they had to win.

We'll still be in the postseason, and that's what matters the most.

To elaborate on the above, once you're in, you have as good as chance as any. There is no dominant team, no one is unbeatable. As mentally tough as this team is, and as much adversity as they have struggled through, I like their chances as good as any other team come January.

I see a bunch of doom, gloom, and anger over this game... and understandably so. But hopefully after cooling off, having a drink, smoke, or toke, and showing some perspective and exercising rational thought, we can realize that this isn't worth getting worked up over. I'll save my stress, anxiety and doom/gloom for a hypothetical postseason loss (strictly hypothetical :) ). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Is this surprising?

Good post, I just made a similar one. Enjoy the ride for now andanything can happen. I don't think anyone thought it would be easy with all the injuries.

Worst case scenario, the Pats lose out and the backups and rookies proved throughout the season that they have heart and can play. Then everyone can focus on gettin healthy.

Collins has really started to make a difference and Edelman has emerged. Next year BB should focus on the lines. I think they are a top team next year, but the season isn't over til it's over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I had Miami winning all along - lat year Brady had his first win in Miami in December - hes now 1 and 4 in December in Miami

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good post, I just made a similar one. Enjoy the ride for now andanything can happen. I don't think anyone thought it would be easy with all the injuries.

Worst case scenario, the Pats lose out and the backups and rookies proved throughout the season that they have heart and can play. Then everyone can focus on gettin healthy.

Collins has really started to make a difference and Edelman has emerged. Next year BB should focus on the lines. I think they are a top team next year, but the season isn't over til it's over.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. 

Assuming health, there's no reason this team can't be at the top of the AFC again next season. Brady is still playing at a high level, Belichick is still Belichick, and this team has shown that they have a good group of quality, young players. If the starters can come back healthy next season, we can add some quality players to our fronts and have a solid offseason, this team will be competing again next season. If nothing else, the experience these young player have gotten is huge going forward. 

My guess is Brady has a 2-4, or 3-5 year window remaining. He'll be back next season and the one following, no doubt. Anything beyond 2 more years is in question, but I tend to think he'll stay around for 3-5 more seasons, again, assuming health.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Not much more to add except agreed!

Sections
Shortcuts