Is this team ok?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Is this team ok?

I know this is an open ended question, but I cant ever remember a time where there was this much negativity surrounding this team.  It used to be everything behind closed doors.  Now there are leaks in the media informing them about the 4 players sent home ( I believe AT blew the whistle ).  Not to mention him "expressing" himself in regards to being sent home.

The team is on a 2 game slide for the first time since 2006 I believe.  The offense is not producing as it should.  The defense is young and making alot of mistakes.  Mayo admitting that this has been a rough week.

This just seems very un BB like. 

I know its a dramatic comparison, but it seems like the "sign of the times" with this group.  Like there is a very dark cloud surrounding this team right now.  At least from the media.

Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Is this team ok?

You have to also consider, on the D side of the ball, so many new starters and the loss of so many "play makers" in just one season..   Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel...   On offense, when will the Pats have a FULLY healthy running back corps???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Is this team ok?:
    [QUOTE]I know this is an open ended question, but I cant ever remember a time where there was this much negativity surrounding this team.  It used to be everything behind closed doors.  Now there are leaks in the media informing them about the 4 players sent home ( I believe AT blew the whistle ).  Not to mention him "expressing" himself in regards to being sent home. The team is on a 2 game slide for the first time since 2006 I believe.  The offense is not producing as it should.  The defense is young and making alot of mistakes.  Mayo admitting that this has been a rough week. This just seems very un BB like.  I know its a dramatic comparison, but it seems like the "sign of the times" with this group.  Like there is a very dark cloud surrounding this team right now.  At least from the media.   Any thoughts?
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

Losing games does that to a team...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Is this team ok?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Is this team ok? : Losing games does that to a team...
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess it's easy to have a happy locker room when you are winning.  That said, we had some tough times last year without problems.  I think it's just the veterans that have departed.  Their not there to squash the locker room dissent; at least not on defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Just one disgruntled guy that the media is trying to say is the whole Patriots' team. Moss isn't cutting plays, he looks injured to me. He limps back to the sideline occasionally. Don't listen, their is a chink in Belichick's armor and they are trying to break it open.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

The Patriots are being tested big time.  Great coaches and great teams overcome big tests like this one.  Be patient; Sunday will answer a lot of questions.  You got one more game against Miami.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

High expectations.  The higher the expectations the further the fall to reality.  My fall wasn't as steep as some here.

Brand new defense and young.  Questions were abound about the rush.  Where was it going to come from?  We didn't address it in the draft or FA so I though Bill was going to use AD.  Didn't happen.  Why?, I don't have a clue.  This is the problem with the team.  It's killing us.

Tom was on comeback mode.  We had the same offensive line.  Picked up Galloway and went into the season short on WR.  Ouch!  The RB situation I thought was going to be okay because of the rotation.  Even though we complain about the offense some it ain't the problem.  It's not firing on all cylinders but it's not falling apart either.  If there is a problem it is that it's not good enough to cover for the defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

We have one bad apple - hopefully this can be nipped in the bud !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriot666. Show Patriot666's posts

I think this team will not be able to turn it around.  Maturity is what the D side needs and the offense is more injured than we are being told as usual.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from morzepa. Show morzepa's posts

The Pats, Bellichick & management, are going to have to do some house cleaning. More so on the D side then O. Thomas' lax attidude shows not only off the field but on the field as well. He needs to go before his poor attidude really sets in with the rest of the team. Some of the younger, newer defensemen see this and are following in his footsteps. Mayo is a great player and as captain of the defense he needs step up and make it know he will not tolerate this kind of play. I don't see that happening. It's going to take some shaking up with the personnel to get this team jumpstarted and playing with the killer instinct they had in years past.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

Joey Galloway has cursed this team. remember it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

My brother-in-law sent me an email after Brady week down last year...

"and this is how a dynasty dies"

Seems like its starting to ring true.

Patriots should win against the Panthers and hopefully that will put us all back in a good mood.  If they can make a strong run into the playoffs and get their confidence level up - who knows?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I think the lack of leadership on Defense is now starting to expose itself.  It's quite evident that no one on defense really has a voice for the team.  If so, I believe AT would have never spoke out like this.  Bruschi or Harrison would have never let this get out of hand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

My brother-in-law sent me an email after Brady week down last year... "and this is how a dynasty dies" Seems like its starting to ring true. Patriots should win against the Panthers and hopefully that will put us all back in a good mood.  If they can make a strong run into the playoffs and get their confidence level up - who knows?
    Posted by IraqSteve

yeah,  "death of a dynasty" has been ringing in my head throughout the season.  I have really been trying to ignore it and not jump to conclusions, but the recent struggles that this team has been facing and specifically this thing with AThomas and Seymour has me really concerned.  I cannot recall any players speaking out against BB the way it has been this week.

I'm sure players have had disagreements with BB but it has never been publicized the way it has been lately.  

Willie Mac, Asante, Hobbs, Vrabrel, Law, Milloy, etc.  I cant recall any of them speaking bad about thier situation in NE.  They may have not liked how things ended up but the always kept it professional and out of the media's ears. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

No,  the team is definitely not OK. 

The difference between a great team and a very good team is talent.  Can't win championships without it.

The difference between an very good team and an average team can be measured in millimeters.  This team does not appear to have what it takes to get those few millimeters.  My guess is it's mostly confidence.  Confidence in each other and in the coach, and perhaps the coach's lack of confidence in the defense, as he has shown multiple times over these last four games (and with good reason).

Does Belichick have credibility with the players?  I'd say not enough, or not enough with the right players.  Can he win itcredibility?  We'll see, but we might not know until this time next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]No,  the team is definitely not OK.  The difference between a great team and a very good team is talent.  Can't win championships without it. The difference between an very good team and an average team can be measured in millimeters.  This team does not appear to have what it takes to get those few millimeters.  My guess is it's mostly confidence.  Confidence in each other and in the coach, and perhaps the coach's lack of confidence in the defense, as he has shown multiple times over these last four games (and with good reason). Does Belichick have credibility with the players?  I'd say not enough, or not enough with the right players.  Can he win itcredibility?  We'll see, but we might not know until this time next year.
    Posted by jimijazz[/QUOTE]

Good post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Vollmer back in; AT out...this could be the beginning of the beginning...in Bill and Tom and (even Randy, but with reservations obviously) I trust...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

This team is reeling - Yes!

However, I am confident that we will turn this around. Will we  make the playoffs this year - I personally doubt that. If so, the good news is that we will get a solid draft pick and come out next year with a vengeance.. 

Sections
Shortcuts